Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 AM

39,926 posts, read 26,634,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Wondering why they are being so quiet about this. It looks like it was personal because of the extent they went to.
It's already fading fast from the national headlines, and I haven't found a MSM news article concerning any suspects or leads in the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,427,871 times
Police examine gas station video in hunt for killer who set Mississippi teen on fire | Fox News

This is the latest I could find.

If she said a name........I wonder what the problem is????

Old 12-11-2014, 08:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,977,765 times
Quote:
Wondering why they are being so quiet about this. It looks like it was personal because of the extent they went to.
The sick part this sounds like something ISIS would do!

My heart goes out to the parents. I can't imagine the horror when they wake up, if they even sleep, knowing how their little girl died. Living with this the rest of their lives is going to be a tough one.

Not to make light or compare, but I lost a dog in a horrific way, couldn't imagine it being my child. The person had better hope the police catch him before the dad!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:42 AM

40,999 posts, read 49,386,979 times
Certain crimes deserve the Death Penalty. This is one of them.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:44 AM

17,739 posts, read 14,844,769 times
Police have released the person they were questioning:

Mississippi Police Release Man Questioned About Jessica Chambers - NBC News

ETA: I don't necessarily believe this person is innocent or doesn't have knowledge of what happened. Could be that they didn't have enough to charge him.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,427,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The sick part this sounds like something ISIS would do!

My heart goes out to the parents. I can't imagine the horror when they wake up, if they even sleep, knowing how their little girl died. Living with this the rest of their lives is going to be a tough one.

Not to make light or compare, but I lost a dog in a horrific way, couldn't imagine it being my child. The person had better hope the police catch him before the dad!
I would rather get my head cut off.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
This just makes me sick. Who ever did this and when they get caught, should be thrown out of an airplane at the highest altitude possible without a parachute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Investigators are hoping Jessica Chambers' final words will lead them to the killer or killers who burned the 19-year-old teenager alive in a gruesome murder Saturday that has stunned the small Mississippi community of Courtland.

Chambers, of Panola County, was found badly burned on a road near her burning car Saturday night in what authorities have labeled a homicide.

Police hunt for killer in burning death of 19-year-old Mississippi woman | Fox News
This is one of those cases that makes you wish that we could make the perp suffer the identical method of death that he used on his victim. Burn this bastard alive!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:59 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,747,517 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. There was a case in Knoxville, TN a few years ago where 4-5 guys carjacked a couple and kidnapped them. They raped and sodomized the guy with the chair leg, shot him, and then set him on fire. Then they beat, raped and tortured the girl for at least a day, and then poured bleach down her throat, put her in garbage bags while she was still alive and shoved her in a garbage can. Horrible stuff.

Those murders weren't personal. Just crimes of opportunity by completely sick, depraved individuals. There were 4 guys and 1 woman involved, it got very little national news, even after their initial guilty verdicts were overturned. The victims were white and the sadistic murderers were black. If white men had done that to a black woman and had their verdicts overturned, the news would have gone nuts.
They were eventually retried.

You can read the details of what they did to that poor couple here:
The Torture Murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom

Old 12-11-2014, 08:59 AM

29,773 posts, read 14,835,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm seeing some comments on this incident and the race card is already flaring up.

Doesn't matter to me what color they are, they deserve to be tortured slowly and for as long as they can be kept alive.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,917,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is one of those cases that makes you wish that we could make the perp suffer the identical method of death that he used on his victim. Burn this bastard alive!
Very, very, very slowly--without killing him. Then let him die a slow death from his burns.

There is no cruel and unusual punishment for this slime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies