Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 10:17 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

This world is getting evil because the people in it are getting more evil.. this poor girl...how cruel and sadistic to do this to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 10:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This world is getting evil because the people in it are getting more evil.. this poor girl...how cruel and sadistic to do this to her.

And yet they say we're evolving and becoming more civilized. Not when you hear about barbaric crap like this!

Old 12-11-2014, 10:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
About the time we get over the color of a cop's skin and the professional victim hood mentality of some segments of the population.

Very good thoughtful answer, so true. And it is time that the media, stop portraying one side as the bad guys, and the other, a after-thought! Whom does not fit their agenda for pulling in audiences of the news. Every story ought to be giving the same consideration, not one sided like it is now, and we know it is.

I do not give a damn about the color of this person's skin, he is a monster no matter what color he is, and that needs to be put on the evening, news. This person or person's needs to be caught soon.

This was so horrific, this could have been a movie, but this was a young teen's reality as her life ends.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Somehow I doubt this story will get the mainstream coverage that usually falls on tragedies involving pretty young white females. Why? It's well known that the POI's at this time are black.

It's well known she had a history of dating black men and that one of her boyfriends had been abusing her and she eventually escaped the situation. Or at least tried to.

With all the racial discord going on right now, many news outlets are going to be hesitant to cover this story. Fox news had a small bit of coverage yesterday. Don't know about the other cable networks.

Truly a horrific story. There are going to be attempts to quiet it or ignore it entirely if it turns out the perpetrators were black.
Saved it for the POC. It's been all over the news this morning; what a tragic death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Not sure about mainstream coverage but it is making the rounds on the internet. I've seen a few reposts of the story on Facebook.

Oh wait, I just checked and it is on MSN, ABC news, the NY post, etc. That seems pretty mainstream.

Poor baby. That is an awful way to go.
I cannot imagine being a parent and knowing my precious baby suffered like that before she died. I would want to . . well, I can't say what I would want to do to the murders but it would NOT be swift and it would not be pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
His color of skin, I could care less about, the brutality of his crime, the hatred he carries, and how he wanted this teen to suffer, I hope he gets his.

This is a animal who did this, not a human!
Amen. He wanted to cause the maximum amount of suffering.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Very good thoughtful answer, so true. And it is time that the media, stop portraying one side as the bad guys, and the other, a after-thought! Whom does not fit their agenda for pulling in audiences of the news. Every story ought to be giving the same consideration, not one sided like it is now, and we know it is.

I do not give a damn about the color of this person's skin, he is a monster no matter what color he is, and that needs to be put on the evening, news. This person or person's needs to be caught soon.

This was so horrific, this could have been a movie, but this was a young teen's reality as her life ends.
Agreed. In the Garner and Brown cases, I'm disgusted by the reaction of the MSM. It really seems like they are doing everything possible to inflame an already tense situation. Every report I've seen, especially out of the more liberal of the MSM networks, has harped on the "unarmed black child killed by a white cop". In both cases it was a criminal that ignored orders from officers and attacked, or at least resisted their lawful detention. But that's not the mantra of the media. CNN from what I have watched has been particularly biased. A cynical person would conclude that they are trying to pour gas on the fire and make a bad situation worse, all for more "news". Bottom feeders of the worst sort. Well, after the professional race hustlers.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:02 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
To the posters wanting to burn the killer.........I wonder....

How to you feel about the government torturing terrorists??

BTW.......I am OK with burning the killer to death........and I am OK with torturing terrorist for information.
I have no problem torturing terrorists. I'm not sure why anyone would.

I have no problem with the people or person who did this to this girl getting similar treatment.

Eye for an eye. In fact, I've long thought that if people knew that if they got caught they would get to them what they did to their victims, they would either not do it, or they would make it swift, and not torture these people like this.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed. In the Garner and Brown cases, I'm disgusted by the reaction of the MSM. It really seems like they are doing everything possible to inflame an already tense situation. Every report I've seen, especially out of the more liberal of the MSM networks, has harped on the "unarmed black child killed by a white cop". In both cases it was a criminal that ignored orders from officers and attacked, or at least resisted their lawful detention. But that's not the mantra of the media. CNN from what I have watched has been particularly biased. A cynical person would conclude that they are trying to pour gas on the fire and make a bad situation worse, all for more "news". Bottom feeders of the worst sort. Well, after the professional race hustlers.
I agree with you, and most people I do know also do. It is so obvious that in those two cases, the news did everything in their power, to flame an already tense out of control situation. News reporting has gotten completely out off hand these days. Many times the way they report a story, inflames a very tense situation that is under way.

But hey, all they care about is getting viewers any way they can, at a huge expense, of the reality taking place because of how they report. They do not seem to dwell on the whole story, it is one part of a story they dwell on, and run with it. Be bias, but I have to say here and now in almost 2015 people do not believe in being bias and fair. As you say, certain News Outlets, and we know which ones they are, have ignited the gas, and caused a fire to go completely out of control. What a way to make a living!

Old 12-12-2014, 08:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Police have released the person they were questioning:

Mississippi Police Release Man Questioned About Jessica Chambers - NBC News

ETA: I don't necessarily believe this person is innocent or doesn't have knowledge of what happened. Could be that they didn't have enough to charge him.
https://twitter.com/HangEmHigh69/sta...302208/photo/1

The man they let go said he did not know the girl very well.

Does this picture look like him???

It does to me.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:33 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
The guy in the picture looks younger than the man who was released.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The guy in the picture looks younger than the man who was released.
I am not sure.

I found this......

MS girl burned alive. What her friends are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies