Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
They are not the same, if they were the federal government would be a fraction of the size it is today.
Which is what I want. That isn't going to happen with Boehner and McConnell in charge. The government grew big time under Bush.

Quote:
Ron Paul was elected as a Congressman as a Republican therefore we actually had a Libertarian in the Congress. How many have been elected running as a Libertarian? Same goes for Rand in the Senate! You are right Ron Paul will never be elected President no matter what party he would run for. Do you think Rand has a better chance getting elected as a Republican or as a Libertarian? It really boils down to a simple understanding of how our system of government works... You might do a little research on the election and consequences of 1994.
Rand has had to bend over to appease McConnell. We will have to see whether this is a long term thing or not.

I quit supporting politicians with no problem lying to us just because the other main candidate will lie to us also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 06:29 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,418,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Yes, it has.
The Cherokee keep meticulous records
and they say she ain't one of em.
It's just hilarious that the conservatives on this forum just have to keep going back to the well over and over again. They have nothing else on her. "Oh wow, she was wrong about her ethnic background...it's like she's the second coming of Hitler and the Antichrist all rolled into one!"

I don't know what's so hard to fathom or understand. I grew up being told my paternal grandmother was probably of Jewish background, so I went around telling people I was part Jewish when the topic of family history would come up. Looked into it a few years ago and found out she wasn't Jewish at all. These things happen in families.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:42 AM

9,907 posts, read 10,854,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which is what I want. That isn't going to happen with Boehner and McConnell in charge. The government grew big time under Bush.

Rand has had to bend over to appease McConnell. We will have to see whether this is a long term thing or not.

I quit supporting politicians with no problem lying to us just because the other main candidate will lie to us also.
Like I said, Look up 1994! Tom Foley was the first Speaker of the House since 1862 to be defeated in a re-election campaign. That didn't come from a third party Candidate.
Do you think the government would have grown less under Al Gore!? One vote in the house or Senate can make a huge difference. You think Rand Paul would love to have 1 or 2 more like minded people in the Senate with him? Of course he would, unfortunately Libertarians would rather stand on the outside and make noise instead of being on the inside making a difference.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Like I said, Look up 1994! Tom Foley was the first Speaker of the House since 1862 to be defeated in a re-election campaign. That didn't come from a third party Candidate.
Do you think the government would have grown less under Al Gore!?
Irrelevant. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser evil is still evil.

Quote:
One vote in the house or Senate can make a huge difference. You think Rand Paul would love to have 1 or 2 more like minded people in the Senate with him? Of course he would, unfortunately Libertarians would rather stand on the outside and make noise instead of being on the inside making a difference.
If there were one or two like him I might vote for them. I NEVER said that one should NEVER vote for someone in the two major parties.

Boehner (R) voted for the trillion dollar give away budget but my (D) Senator did not. I should support Boehner simply because of the letter after his name even though he lied to us and did the very thing I am against?

Old 12-26-2014, 06:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,019 times
Quote:
Boehner (R) voted for the trillion dollar give away budget but my (D) Senator did not. I should support Boehner simply because of the letter after his name even though he lied to us and did the very thing I am against?
In a word, yes. Politics has become a team sport and you must support your team no matter what, and you must denigrate the other side, no matter what. And if your team comes up with an idea that the other side agrees is a good idea, then you must immediately denounce it and deny you ever thought it was a good idea in the first place. Can't ever agree with or allow the other side to get some credit for anything, even if you happen to agree with them.

Elizabeth Warren champions one of the Tea Party's core issues, the TARP bailout of big banks, and making certain it never happens again. But she's on the wrong team, so the right cannot, under any circumstances, be seen agreeing with her, even if it means supporting their own team as they vote against issues the Tea Party holds dear.

Geesh, don't you understand anything about how team sports are played??

Old 12-26-2014, 06:28 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,975,473 times
So there has been no answer yet to my question.

Where is the Republican Version that is going to put the brakes on the collusion taking place between the Big Banks and DC?

Who do you have to put forward to put a stop to it?

Do Republicans support Crony Capitalism and Corruption or Free Market Economics?

Old 12-26-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In a word, yes. Politics has become a team sport and you must support your team no matter what, and you must denigrate the other side, no matter what. And if your team comes up with an idea that the other side agrees is a good idea, then you must immediately denounce it and deny you ever thought it was a good idea in the first place. Can't ever agree with or allow the other side to get some credit for anything, even if you happen to agree with them.

Elizabeth Warren champions one of the Tea Party's core issues, the TARP bailout of big banks, and making certain it never happens again. But she's on the wrong team, so the right cannot, under any circumstances, be seen agreeing with her, even if it means supporting their own team as they vote against issues the Tea Party holds dear.

Geesh, don't you understand anything about how team sports are played??
Warren is pretty partisan in her speaking. IMO she does quite a bit of what you are being sarcastic about.

That troubles me.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
So there has been no answer yet to my question.

Where is the Republican Version that is going to put the brakes on the collusion taking place between the Big Banks and DC?
Ron Paul would have but he was also demonized by many who now claim to support Warren. As for your point in general I supported the idea of the Tea Party and Occupy coming together to condemn the things they agreed on.

Quote:
Who do you have to put forward to put a stop to it?

Do Republicans support Crony Capitalism and Corruption or Free Market Economics?
Obama *claimed* he was. That is part of Warrens problem. Obama claimed he was Warren before Warren but he was nothing of the sort.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:23 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,975,473 times
Quote:
Ron Paul would have but he was also demonized by many who now claim to support Warren. As for your point in general I supported the idea of the Tea Party and Occupy coming together to condemn the things they agreed on.

Obama *claimed* he was. That is part of Warrens problem. Obama claimed he was Warren before Warren but he was nothing of the sort.
Obama claimed he was going to rid the corruption between Wall Street and DC and to make his Administration the most transparent ever.

Either it made Obama out to be a Big Liar that he is, or, it exposed OUT in the open how much of a charade our government is where they will do anything to get in office and then once in office, have to answer to Wealthy Special Interests.

Hence, the left / right theatrics

I concur that Warren is no better considering her past and in who she served.

What it tells me is that the the issues with our government is not the puppets put into power that are the problem but the wealthy interests funding their campaigns is the problem.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:24 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,529,848 times
Why don't conservatives support warren? Because she's batshyte crazy and a pawn of Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies