Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 07:26 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,975,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ron Paul would have but he was also demonized by many who now claim to support Warren. As for your point in general I supported the idea of the Tea Party and Occupy coming together to condemn the things they agreed on.

Obama *claimed* he was. That is part of Warrens problem. Obama claimed he was Warren before Warren but he was nothing of the sort.
I wish we had a version of Ross Perot running that put the country first.

What we have now is a bunch of money grubbing sellouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 07:55 PM

9,907 posts, read 10,855,348 times
Quote:
Irrelevant. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser evil is still evil.

If there were one or two like him I might vote for them. I NEVER said that one should NEVER vote for someone in the two major parties.

Boehner (R) voted for the trillion dollar give away budget but my (D) Senator did not. I should support Boehner simply because of the letter after his name even though he lied to us and did the very thing I am against?
Suit yourself, you are basically reconciled to languish in obscurity. I choose to actually make a difference.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In a word, yes. Politics has become a team sport and you must support your team no matter what, and you must denigrate the other side, no matter what. And if your team comes up with an idea that the other side agrees is a good idea, then you must immediately denounce it and deny you ever thought it was a good idea in the first place. Can't ever agree with or allow the other side to get some credit for anything, even if you happen to agree with them.

Elizabeth Warren champions one of the Tea Party's core issues, the TARP bailout of big banks, and making certain it never happens again. But she's on the wrong team, so the right cannot, under any circumstances, be seen agreeing with her, even if it means supporting their own team as they vote against issues the Tea Party holds dear.

Geesh, don't you understand anything about how team sports are played??
This is akin to saying conservatives should vote for harry Reid because he is prolife. Just nonsensical. It's one issue. She is a flaming freaking leftist ! What kind of supreme court judges do you think she would nominate? What do you think she would do to our military and national defense? Please wake up ...

Old 12-26-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I wish we had a version of Ross Perot running that put the country first.

What we have now is a bunch of money grubbing sellouts.
Ross Perot?! Ross Perot put the country first? Ross Perot = Bill Clinton!! Not sure where your getting your information , but you might want to go back and look at the facts.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Suit yourself, you are basically reconciled to languish in obscurity. I choose to actually make a difference.
"Make a Difference"

Where have we heard this before?

Ahh yes, Hope and Change

Yea

Good luck with that, unless your intention is to keep the status quo going where we stuff the pockets of special interests Corporate and Banking Lobbyists and the government continues to grow where everyone else has to pay for it

Old 12-26-2014, 08:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,651 times
Quote:
As for your point in general I supported the idea of the Tea Party and Occupy coming together to condemn the things they agreed on.
As do I. I support Occupy's core cause against Wall Street institutions getting bailouts because they are "too big to fail," which is a stance that is also held by the Tea Party. They don't have to agree on everything to work together on the things they do agree on.

This is an issue that most Americans can also agree on, and probably the one issue where both sides could most easily come together. I would truly love to see this happen, but first both sides would have to let the partisan politics go and fight together for their common goal. If this were to happen, I think it could be a turning point in the ridiculous "us" versus "them" team politics that keeps us from doing anything other that fight among ourselves. Which is exactly what Wall Street wants to see continue.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 12-26-2014 at 08:33 PM..

Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
"Make a Difference"

Where have we heard this before?

Ahh yes, Hope and Change

Yea

Good luck with that, unless your intention is to keep the status quo going where we stuff the pockets of special interests Corporate and Banking Lobbyists and the government continues to grow where everyone else has to pay for it
What exactly are you doing to change that?

Old 12-26-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
As do I. I support Occupy's core cause, which is the undue influence of the financial sector and corporations on government, which is a stance that is also held by the Tea Party. They don't have to agree on everything to work together on the things they do agree on.

This is a big issue that most Americans agree on, and probably the one issue where both sides could most easily come together. I would truly love to see this happen, but first both sides would have to let the partisan politics go and fight together for their common goal. If this were to happen, I think it could be a turning point in the ridiculous "us" versus "them" team politics that keeps us from doing anything other that fight among ourselves. Which is exactly what Wall Street wants to continue.
This is the problem with todays libertarian party... Too many of them feel they have more in common with misfit leftists like the occupy movement than they do with Conservative Republicans. WE HAVE A 2 PARTY SYSTEM PERIOD!! END OF STORY! If you want change get involved in one of the 2 parties and make it happen. Tea party and occupy are mutually exclusive.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:39 PM

29,636 posts, read 16,644,732 times
Im going to answer this question based solely on reading the title of this thread, not any subsequent post or even the rest of the OP.

So reasons why Conservatives wont support Elizabeth Warren

1. She is a Progressive. They may indeed agree with her end result, but they will not agree with how she gets to that result.

2. She is a Democrat. Like it or not, Republicans have effectively labeled Democrats as anti business, and Democrats have not effectively labeled themselves pro consumer. Their for, everything she says relating to the subject of business will be looked at as such.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ross Perot?! Ross Perot put the country first? Ross Perot = Bill Clinton!! Not sure where your getting your information , but you might want to go back and look at the facts.
Well we have seen what the Corporate Lobbyists had in mind that donate to both parties where their only concern is Executive Bonuses and Stock Dividends using cheap labor in countries that have no Labor Rights, No Environmental Concerns, and no Allegiance to this country.

We should disband the military using their logic since No One should be on the hook since we are all Globalists now.

This is the New World Order Globalist Nightmare that Bush was talking about

A world not ruled by one single government, but a world ruled by Multinational Corporations and Banks that have enough money to rule national governments to further their agenda but not responsible for their policies nor have any skin in the game.

Taxes are paid for by consumers and workers
Fines are paid for by consumers and workers
Lobbying is paid for by consumers and workers

Bonuses, Compensation Packages and Stock Dividends continue to climb while prices on good and services continue to climb and wages continue to deflate.

Corporate and Banking Lobbyists have no skin in the game nor personal consequences and want everyone else to pay for it.

They need to be BOOTED out of our government!

Ross Perot was Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqvYLNaMZCo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies