Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:58 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times

Advertisements

I though Al and Jessie would be out there themselves tending to such an important site. No busses full of supporters? No eternal flame? No wailing and gnashing of teeth by grief-stricken law students? Unbelievable.

Quote:
He led me to an unmarked bit of ground. There was no tombstone or flowers, or anything else people use to memorialize the dead. There was only a muddy, 2-foot depression in the shape of a coffin. Since Garner’s burial, the ground had settled some, and the maintenance man said they haven’t been able to fill it in because of the weather. He apologized for the mess and asked how I knew Garner. I said I didn’t know him at all.

“I haven’t seen anyone visit since the funeral,” he told me.
A Visit to Eric Garner's Grave: Unmarked, Untended & Totally Neglected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
It's the cause...not the man.

Stop being so self centered.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
It takes a few weeks to get the footing laid and an headstone set.

Graves settle......they will get it filled in.

I wonder who paid for the burial.....if it was the state of NY.......there won't be any rush.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
I don't find that at all surprising.
I would be much more surprised if there were a shrine, a nice headstone, flowers, etc.
THAT would show that somebody really cared about the PERSON.
It would appear that no one does.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I though Al and Jessie would be out there themselves tending to such an important site. No busses full of supporters? No eternal flame? No wailing and gnashing of teeth by grief-stricken law students? Unbelievable.

A Visit to Eric Garner's Grave: Unmarked, Untended & Totally Neglected
Maybe because everyone is here:

Tens Of Thousands March On NYPD Headquarters To Protest Police Killings

Tens Of Thousands March On NYPD Headquarters To Protest Police Killings

Looking at these pictures reminds me of pictures from the Civil Rights marches. This is a movement that is only going to grow.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I don't find that at all surprising.
I would be much more surprised if there were a shrine, a nice headstone, flowers, etc.
THAT would show that somebody really cared about the PERSON.
It would appear that no one does.
That is expensive.

This family does not have a lot of money.

I would not be surprised if the state paid for the burial.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:10 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is a movement that is only going to grow.
Only as long as those who can profit from it in some way continue to stoke the fire.

In the meantime, ol' Eric will molder in a forgotten hole in the ground, unvisited by family or "supporters".

Old 12-14-2014, 08:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Only as long as those who can profit from it in some way continue to stoke the fire.

In the meantime, ol' Eric will molder in a forgotten hole in the ground, unvisited by family or "supporters".
The only ones who "profit" from these LE killings are the cops who are routinely exonerated for them. I'd rather Eric's supporters were protesting his death in the streets than paying homage to a hole in the ground. These protests are taking place across the country in his name. Seems to me his supporters are showing their respect for the man quite well.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:15 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That is expensive.

This family does not have a lot of money.

I would not be surprised if the state paid for the burial.
The family can't afford to go to the Dollar Store and get a bunch of plastic flowers to put on the grave?
It really doesn't take much, nor does it cost much, to show that someone cares, and remembers the MAN instead of the CAUSE!

Old 12-14-2014, 08:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It takes a few weeks to get the footing laid and an headstone set.

Graves settle......they will get it filled in.

I wonder who paid for the burial.....if it was the state of NY.......there won't be any rush.
He died in July. It's been 5 months. Does anyone know if that is normal? Supposedly no one has even visited the grave since the funeral, in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies