Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:57 AM

531 posts, read 501,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes and No. The FCC tries to control that too, which makes it under government rule.
If there were ever a revolt and eventual revolution, communication will be the downfall to all rebels.
The legislative history of the Low-Power FM / Microradio movement is interesting and discouraging. One very revealing incident that happened in 2001 was that NPR teamed up with the likes of Clear Channel and the National Association of Broadcasters and successfully lobbied to gut a bill that would have allowed hundreds or even thousands of small-scale, community-based microradio stations to operate legally.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Well when your on public funding to tend to be for big government in spending. We have seen that in them getting rid of even the black reported hired by Fox after he just didn;t tow the line on issues altho liberal.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:01 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times
John Dark
Thank you for posting the link to the transcript, not script. And listening to the audio is helpful too. I'm waiting for the op to come back yet again & explain away both the transcript & audio.

Orlandochuck1
I wasn't sure if your post was indicative of your true feelings or if it was just satire. I'm hoping it's the latter because in a way it was funny.

hammertime 33
Thank you!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
remember the Alamo... can you say NAU?..that old skank that was the top cop said the border would be scrubbed in the future.. It didnt make any major news media... this is what both sides of the isle know...We're nothing more than a FAT PIG BEING ROASTED ALIVE as a soveirgn nation.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:22 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
We did steal the land.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:14 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
What Americans? I'm talking about illegal aliens--of which around 70% break in from Mexico, and are Mexican citizens. Until this year, we didn't see a heavy influx from points south of Mexico.

But US Mexican-American citizens like Rep. Luis Gutierrez are fighting to have them all legalized.
No, half of illegal aliens don't "break in" from anywhere; they come on legal visas and overstay (http://pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/19.pdf). And only around half are Mexican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
We did steal the land.
We stole it fair and square!

Old 12-18-2014, 05:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
No, half of illegal aliens don't "break in" from anywhere; they come on legal visas and overstay (http://pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/19.pdf). And only around half are Mexican.

We stole it fair and square!
Yep. Those, too--but they're still illegals as soon as they overstay that Visa.

Either renew your visa or GO HOME.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:10 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I realize that Public Radio is left of left on many issues, but I do enjoy their programs from time to time and I really get fed up with the 15 min segments of commercials they play during the morning drive around here on regular broadcast radio.

So this guy was discussing female border patrol agents and how good a job they are doing, which I don't dispute at all. Seems they are less likely to use violence to solve problems but are still effective.

But then he called the illegals "non US citizens" and the Southwestern part of the US the "disputed territories near the current Mexican border" What does that even mean? Is he suggesting that Arizona, California and Texas are not really US States?

Could this be Obama's plan? To return US land to Mexico so he can continue his campaign of being more than a US President? More of a Global Gandhi?
"I realize that Public Radio is left of left on many issues," Answers ALL your questions and concerns.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I realize that Public Radio is left of left on many issues, but I do enjoy their programs from time to time and I really get fed up with the 15 min segments of commercials they play during the morning drive around here on regular broadcast radio.

So this guy was discussing female border patrol agents and how good a job they are doing, which I don't dispute at all. Seems they are less likely to use violence to solve problems but are still effective.

But then he called the illegals "non US citizens" and the Southwestern part of the US the "disputed territories near the current Mexican border" What does that even mean? Is he suggesting that Arizona, California and Texas are not really US States?

Could this be Obama's plan? To return US land to Mexico so he can continue his campaign of being more than a US President? More of a Global Gandhi?

The Border Patrol is a farce. The last thing the criminals in Washington DC want to do is stop or even slow down illegal immigration. The government works for the corporations and the corporations pay the government to keep people flooding across the border in order to keep real wages falling due to the supply of labor increasing faster than the economy as a whole.

In addition, illegal immigration increases sales which increases corporate profits, and allows the government to increase their tax base which they need to try to postpone the eventual collapse of social security.

The real purpose of the Border Patrol is to run illegal checkpoints to bust US citizens for drugs and confiscate their vehicles to be sold at auction. I have a checkpoint near my house which posts a sign saying they have detained around 400 illegal aliens and performed over 4000 drug busts, now tell me what their real purpose is.

Meanwhile the government has given amnesty to over 60 million illegals along with welfare, food stamps, drivers licenses, free education and every other incentive they can think of to attract them from all around the world.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:17 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I realize that Public Radio is left of left on many issues," Answers ALL your questions and concerns.
You could've actually read the thread.

It's been thoroughly shown that the OP's claims about what he heard on the radio are entirely fictional.

But just in case you can't be bothered to actually read the thread, here's the link to the audio and transcript: http://www.npr.org/2014/12/17/371364...aimed-at-women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies