Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I do like it when Govt does act in all our best interests, instead of just the privileged few which is too often the case.

The insurance executives are the privileged few. You will get exactly what you deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 10:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
... his pre-existing condition would ensure that the loss of his wife's insurance meant he would never get coverage again
bullcrap

Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
You are confused. That is the attitude of everyone who is getting their employer subsidized health insurance.
COBRA give you an idea of the REAL cost of insurance, which those of us without employer-based insurance had to pay pre-ACA. Those who have employer health insurance have never paid their "fair share," and yet still have that "F you, I got mine," attitude to everyone else. I see that exact sentiment from people like you here on C-D on a regular basis.
Explain to me how the non employer based segment of society, which I fall into, subsidizes the employer based society.

I'm really anxious to hear how they take my money so i can stop it...

Old 12-26-2014, 10:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
bullcrap
Really? He was under his wife's insurance for the last 22 years, during which his back problems began. Do you think any insurance company pre-ACA would have insured him once she lost her job and insurance?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:48 AM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
I don't need "talking points," when I can look around me and see real live people who have been helped immensely by the ACA, myself included. You only need "talking points" when you have nothing else.

Yet you disregard all those it has harmed.
We see your "talking points" showing.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Really? He was under his wife's insurance for the last 22 years, during which his back problems began. Do you think any insurance company pre-ACA would have insured him once she lost her job and insurance?
Are you saying now that ACA has passed, she is unemployable?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What part of this do you not get?

Employer: I have a job for you. It is worth $100,000 a year. So, your pay will be $88,000 a year, and you will get health insurance to go along with your job. The two equal $100,000 a year.

What part of that do you not comprehend?
What part of "you are not paying the full cost of your insurance" don't you get? That's the argument I hear all the time, that I am a leech who is not "paying my fair share" because I don't pay the full cost of my insurance. What I am attempting to point out is that you who receive employer based insurance aren't paying for the actual cost of your insurance, either, and never have.

Those of us who are self-employed/independent contractors (and there are more and more of us as time goes on and corporations attempt to bolster their bottom lines by cutting costly employee benefits) have no access to such subsidies from our employers, and thus, the cost was completely out of our reach. (See COBRA rates for an idea of what we were facing.) Which is why the ACA was necessary.

If the GOP had put forth some kind of bill that would have given people without employer based insurance a way to buy in I would have been all for that, as well, but they didn't have any interest in that, so the ACA is what we got.

I get it, you don't care about anybody else because you have an employer to subsidize your insurance costs. At lease be honest about that.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
As if 535 creeps could know what is best for over 300 million.
Exactly!

535 turds floating in the human toilet we call Washington, D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You especially like it when government declares what is best for all without the input from "all', and then uses extortion to go about getting it. Then builds elaborate lies claiming it is urgent and the best thing for people it considers to stupid to make their won decisions.

Falls right into your political advocacy.

Posters like florida.boob don't stop to think about the fact that, despite Obama's lies to the contrary, the 300+ million citizens were the ONLY group not represented at the table during the closed-door, "transparent" Obamacare scam hearings. When your group is not invited to sit at the table, chances are your group is the one that's going to get f**ked. It's really that simple.

If Obamacare really was so great, would it really require an individual mandate? A penalty? Sky-high deductibles and OOP expenses to make the premiums seem reasonable? Lies about a dead mother to push it through? A BILLION DOLLAR website that still is as reliable as an 1987 Hyundai Excel? Ads paid for by taxpayer dollars featuring PajamaBoy? A heavily Botoxed Nancy Pelosi saying "we must pass it find out what's in it?"

The non-sycophants know the answer to these questions. The sycophants are blinded by the sleight of hand, suckered in by a shell game that never ends.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
What part of "you are not paying the full cost of your insurance" don't you get? That's the argument I hear all the time, that I am a leech who is not "paying my fair share" because I don't pay the full cost of my insurance. What I am attempting to point out is that you who receive employer based insurance aren't paying for the actual cost of your insurance, either, and never have.

Those of us who are self-employed/independent contractors (and there are more and more of us as time goes on and corporations attempt to bolster their bottom lines by cutting costly employee benefits) have no access to such subsidies from our employers, and thus, the cost was completely out of our reach. (See COBRA rates for an idea of what we were facing.) Which is why the ACA was necessary.

If the GOP had put forth some kind of bill that would have given people without employer based insurance a way to buy in I would have been all for that, as well, but they didn't have any interest in that, so the ACA is what we got.

I get it, you don't care about anybody else because you have an employer to subsidize your insurance costs. At lease be honest about that.
no one said the employee is paying the full cost of the insurance Everyone knows the employer is picking up the balance..

Thats far different than your argument which is the taxpayer is paying for it..

Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,976,185 times
Quote:
You are precisely who I'm talking about. Your politics won't allow you to see or admit the truth of how many people it's helped.
You're denying it hurts everyone else.

It is not the government's business to hurt people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies