Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:35 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The grievously callous disregard for women and the poor from the Republicans shouldn't surprise anyone. The only real question is whether their "priorities" are a result of cynical selfishness and self-centeredness, or a result of self-deception. Are the right-wingers simply bad people, or have they drank their own Kool-Aid?
Now lets be fair. Why not both?

Actually lets REALLY be fair. Some may believe that aborting a baby is morally wrong. While I think thats a tiny tiny minority of Republican politicians, I suspect its a substantial number of their voters. While I disagree with them, I respect that they have strong feelings about it, and I respect why.

I may disagree, but I can respect people that feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 04:37 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
GOP relaunches push to ban late-term abortions | TheHill

That's awesome. I think the next one should be gay marriage.
Stuff like the economy, the availability of good jobs, the way the federal government is working, the situation with militants in Iraq and Syria, equal pay for women and the federal budget deficit are BORING.
Right, because addressing a pay gap for women that doesn't exist except in leftist rhetoric is vitally important, but viable infants being hacked apart in the womb is trivial. I like how you think!

But seriously, I have to thank you because it's people like you who make me proud to be a conservative.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:42 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Right, because addressing a pay gap for women that doesn't exist except in leftist rhetoric is vitally important, but viable infants being hacked apart in the womb is trivial. I like how you think!

But seriously, I have to thank you because it's people like you who make me proud to be a conservative.
See? Like this person here, they feel strongly about it for pretty decent reasons. I can respect that. I would argue that discussing pay gaps for women might result in less abortions, and thus be a viable important topic....but the number vs's a outright ban is small. But the probability of being able to actually do something about it (reducing abortions) by increasing womens pay makes it more important of a topic. Vs arguing about something that will fail before the supreme court.

But some respect from me for holding a belief for the right reasons.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

Please link anything that says a 20 week old child is viable outside the womb.
or that they won't have brain damage or horrible issues to deal with 'til they die.

Thank, you as well. I say this now, because I searched for hours before I started this thread and found nothing. Maybe your command of the internet is better than mine.

I do believe these people might honestly care about when life starts and that they are trying to stop people from killing babies. It seems they are legislating without either A; Not understanding the science or B; knowing the science and lying/or/not caring about it.

You see people use that same line of argument here all the time. No matter how you argue from the heart, you can't beat the science.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:16 AM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

Stuff like the economy, the availability of good jobs, the way the federal government is working, the situation with militants in Iraq and Syria, equal pay for women and the federal budget deficit are BORING.
Sarcasm duly noted. There are a lot of issues that will be addressed in the future. Killing an unborn child should be one of the issues discussed on a humane and national level.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Please link anything that says a 20 week old child is viable outside the womb.
or that they won't have brain damage or horrible issues to deal with 'til they die.

Thank, you as well. I say this now, because I searched for hours before I started this thread and found nothing. Maybe your command of the internet is better than mine.

I do believe these people might honestly care about when life starts and that they are trying to stop people from killing babies. It seems they are legislating without either A; Not understanding the science or B; knowing the science and lying/or/not caring about it.

You see people use that same line of argument here all the time. No matter how you argue from the heart, you can't beat the science.
Why do they have to be viable outside the womb to be considered a human life? The womb merely gives them an environment to grow in and nourishes them. Without nourishment outside the womb all humans would die. So what's your point?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:31 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Sounds like republicans are just listening to the people

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy
http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...n-ban-n1639073

Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:

Agreed, and don't forget the relentless attacks against the poor will continue, while supporting more welfare for the rich. You know, things like dramatically increasing the estate tax limit, and allowing the rich to write off all the taxes on their vacation homes, and investments.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because they are proving off the bat they hate women. I don't care for abortion myself really but they go after it because it is something that affects only a certain group and that is women. It should be things like fixing the economy but these morons don't care about that because most are wealthy.
I normally agree with you on many issues but not this one. It is ridiculous to claim that the GOP hates women and that is why they oppose abortion. They oppose it on moral grounds. There is no reason that all the issues won't be addressed with a GOP dominated congress and they will. And all politicians are wealthy regardless of their party affiliation so I don't get your point here. I fail to understand what wealth has to do with opposing abortion anyway.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:

Keep big government in women's knickers, by gawd!

The party of personal freedom and limiting gummint intrusion speaks...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies