Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:59 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,389,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Let's see what LordHypocrite says:

[Closed Thread]

https://www.city-data.com/forum/28954212-post126.html

Well, there you go.

You adamantly insist that the Budget Deficit must be viewed relative to the GDP.

You adamantly insist that the federal debt must be viewed relative to the GDP.

When someone takes your "job creation" numbers and views them relative to the size of the working age population, or relative to the change in working age population or relative to the size size of the labor force, you have a freaking cow.
The next time there is a thread about the Budget Deficit or the federal debt, and you chime in with your silly "relative to GDP" posters will take your comments here and throw them in your face.

Um, you're the one who believes Seasonally Adjusted Workers are real workers who pay taxes, not me.

Indeed......funny how no government agency uses Seasonally Adjusted data in any of their subsequent calculations or projectionss. It's strictly the raw unadjusted data.

That's damn funny.

Seasonally...

Mircea
Yes, RELATIVE to the POPULATION - and not just the NUMBERS of people in that population, but the MAKEUP of that population as well. Do you really think a population with more old people is going to have the same LFPR as a population with few old people?
Really?
REALLY?

If you are going to compare the LFPR of 2 populations (or the same population at different times) you need to look at ALL aspects of the population - NOT JUST THE NUMBERS of people - and one of those aspects you need to consider is the AGE MAKEUP of the populations. That's just pretty much common sense. And the AGE MAKEUP of the U.S. population today is far different from the AGE MAKEUP of the U.S. population 30, 20 or even 10 years ago. People in different age groups do not behave the same. They have different spending habits, different working habits and different life preferences and concerns - again, that's just COMMON SENSE.

Now, in regards to your claim that "no government agency uses Seasonally Adjusted data in any of their subsequent calculations or projections" - well, that just shows once again that there is no way in H*LL that you are "trained in economics". First off the BLS does use seasonally adjusted data in subsequent calculations. Just look at Summary Table A:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

It is true that for the most part, unadjusted data is used for subsequent calculations - but that is to be expected when you are looking a WHOLE YEARS worth of data. Once you summarize a whole year, seasonal adjustments have no meaning anymore because a whole year includes ALL SEASONS.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 01-13-2015 at 02:08 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Typical Democrat chest thumping. They love to talk about jobs when the numbers are up.
Which they've generally been for the last 5 years now.

What's wrong with cheering good news. It seems to me that you are just unhappy that there IS good news.

Ken

Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,232,751 times
Quote:
Typical Democrat chest thumping. They love to talk about jobs when the numbers are up.
As opposed to Republicans who thump their chests when there is bad news? Why do Republicans hate America?

Old 01-13-2015, 02:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,988,518 times
Quote:
Really, didn't this happen by Republicans when unemployment dropped while Reagan was in office during the 1980's?

Old 01-13-2015, 02:08 PM

11,242 posts, read 8,346,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You're not.

You're seeing intelligent people who understand the entire federal government is corrupt and produces propaganda just like the former USSR - everything is a lie.
Could be. (Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T all out to get you...)

Old 01-13-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Could be. (Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T all out to get you...)
ANYONE who thinks that "everyone" is corrupt and dishonest generally believes that because THEY are corrupt and dishonest themselves (and don't want to face the fact that they are morally inferior to everyone else). Truly honest people don't usually make that type of assumption - while people who are dishonest themselves almost always make that assumption. Any study of criminology will tell you that.

Ken

Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,201,292 times
Mircea just destroyed LordBalfor. There is nothing worse than a sore loser. Ken, admit that you lost and move on. Adapt your future choices to reflect reality.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:15 PM

Worse, low oil prices will affect consumer's spending behavior, which will inevitably put them in more debt, which will be realized when oil prices rise again.

As wages continue to fall, people will realize how short sighted they were in their purchases and investments, as the economy, which is heavily interdependent suffers even further.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:20 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,911,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Which they've generally been for the last 5 years now.

What's wrong with cheering good news. It seems to me that you are just unhappy that there IS good news.
I haven't seen any proof that Obama can keep this going. In the big picture 5 years is just a flash in the pan.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:27 PM

Let's think logically for a moment.

Manufacturing is practically dead in the United States. If I have to answer to shareholders, why wouldn't I take advantage of the lower labor rates abroad, and set up my manufacturing facilities? In some cases, the infrastructure is already there and I only have to lease the equipment, and pay far less for labor which is becoming an even more significant factor as health care costs add to the costs of employees in the US.

Additionally, even in industries that require coding or programming can be accomplished for far less money in developing nations. If I needed IT support or software development, I could create a performance based payment structure and outsource the development to India for example.

There are many avenues available for me to find the past performance history of some of these companies thanks to the internet, so I would have no qualms with doing that, assuming I did the right kind of market research. Are people under the illusion that Americans are smarter than foreigners?

Look at the requirements for entry into schools such as IIM-A. The minimum GMAT is 770! This is the American exceptionalism that Putin was talking about.

Ken exemplifies this. He cannot admit that he's wrong when he's clearly out of his league going against Mircea. Arrogance like Ken's will lead to his inevitable demise. People need to wake up to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies