Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 09:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Lost insurance due to Obamacare, forced to buy it, signed up, paid, they cashed my check, now I keep getting notices that I need to pay. Called them, on hold forever, they said my app needs keyed in, still get notices that I need to pay, now got a notice saying I owe for Jan and now Feb. I don't even know if I am insured but they cashed my check right away.

Obamacare, What a freakin mess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lost insurance due to Obamacare, forced to buy it, signed up, paid, they cashed my check, now I keep getting notices that I need to pay. Called them, on hold forever, they said my app needs keyed in, still get notices that I need to pay, now got a notice saying I owe for Jan and now Feb. I don't even know if I am insured but they cashed my check right away.

Your having issues with an individual insurance company-- not Obamacare.

The only one you write checks to is a private, (usually) for profit insurance company who is providing you a service.

If you fly and have trouble with the airline, do you blame on the web site that sold you the ticket?

Old 01-12-2015, 09:46 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Your having issues with an individual insurance company-- not Obamacare.

The only one you write checks to is a private, (usually) for profit insurance company who is providing you a service.

If you fly and have trouble with the airline, do you blame on the web site that sold you the ticket?
You would blame the person that forced you to buy the ticket.

If I were a betting man, I would bet the op was happy with their insurance pre obamacare.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

If I were a betting man, I would bet the op was happy with their insurance pre obamacare.
Yep I was happy with my insurance. I had a serious illness and they took care of it minus my deductible. They renewed me. All like clockwork and then came the dreaded "if you like your healthcare insurance you CAN'T keep your insurance due to Obamacare letter.

What a freakin mess.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Yes, you and every right-winger with internet access experienced nothing but headaches with Obamacare, the largest coincidence in history!

Meanwhile, away from the spin zone, the uninsured rate continues to drop to levels not seen in ages, down to 12.9%:

The Uninsured Rate Just Keeps Falling, New Survey Shows

Old 01-12-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Yes, you and every right-winger with internet access experienced nothing but headaches with Obamacare, the largest coincidence in history!

Meanwhile, away from the spin zone, the uninsured rate continues to drop to levels not seen in ages, down to 12.9%:

Yep, because of dead beats who aren't man or woman enough to take care of their own without getting a subsidy. Pathetic.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

The OP hasn't been happy since Obama got elected.

In Connecticut we had the same choice of health insurance companies before and after Obamacare. BCBS offered atrocious service before, and atrocious service now. Obama care has nothing to do with it.

Of course some here, like the OP and you, blame Obama if it's rainy and cool on a Thursday.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Yet less than 25% of newly insured have actually paid for their insurance. Just wait till all these newly insured have to pay their deductible.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:

In Connecticut we had the same choice of health insurance companies before and after Obamacare. BCBS offered atrocious service before, and atrocious service now. Obama care has nothing to do with it.

Of course some here, like the OP and you, blame Obama if it's rainy and cool on a Thursday.
I blaim obama for the poor decisions he has made, like Obamacare.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Well if Obama didn't exist I'd still have the insurance I was happy with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies