Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times

Advertisements

In another thread (//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lim-march.html) a poster was saying how Muslims need to speak out against the radical Muslims to separate themselves from the radical element. A lot of people (who are anti-Muslim) just assume all Muslims just accept what radicals are doing in the name of their religion. The mainstream media is partially to blame because they hardly ever report Muslims speaking out against radicals. I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread focusing on debunking the idea that Muslims don't speak out against the radical elements in their religion.

British Muslims: http://www.newsweek.com/young-britis...ce-isis-272254
https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotInMyName?src=hash

Muslims in Dearborn, MI: Muslims Denounce ISIS As ‘The Enemies Of Humanity’ at Public Protest in Michigan

Here is a letter from Muslim Scholars worldwide written to ISIS leader speaking against what ISIS is doing: Letter to Baghdadi - Open Letter to BaghdadiOpen Letter to Baghdadi

2,000 German Mosques speak out against ISIS: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...inst-ISIS.html

Muslim leaders in France: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...rutality-.html

Fatwa on Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why ISIS isn't really Islamic: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2.../isis-islamic/

Muslims in Oklahoma: Tulsa Muslims Denounce ISIS Attacks, Hate In Name Of Religion

Islamic Leaders: ISIS Are Not Muslims, They’re Criminals « CBS DC

Local Muslims condemn ISIS | The Sacramento Bee

Muslims and Scholars Condemn ISIS for Betraying Religion of 'Mercy' and 'Compassion' | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

Local Muslim leaders condemn ISIS | CharlotteObserver.com

How The Barbarians of ISIS Violate The Teachings of Islam An interesting snip-it from this article:

Quote:
“This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”
Let me know if you want more.
Why do I have a feeling this thread is going to be ignored?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 02:05 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
No, your thread should not be ignored.

I think you made valid points.

I have been told by my combat friends that many Marines' lives have been saved by brave Muslims. Are these Muslims terrorists?

I believe majority of the Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism. It is very sad that radical terrorists give all Muslims a bad name.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
That's nice.

Now radical Islam will come to an abrupt end.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's nice.

Now radical Islam will come to an abrupt end.
That isn't the point in speaking out against radicals. The reason Muslims are speaking out is to separate themselves from the radicals because islamophobic individuals can't seem to tell the difference between a radical chopping off heads overseas and a Muslim working at subway (not chopping for heads ).

Old 12-16-2014, 02:14 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
This is great but honestly it serves little purpose. I can choose to be ignorant and deem all Muslims evil worthy of elimination or choose to be informed and realize the violent few is giving all Muslims a bad name. But either way, my belief isn't going to stop future terrorists acts or people from being radicalized. Now if people are only rational enough to not respond emotionally to a terrorist act that doesn't touch their lives personally, then perhaps terrorism will lose its appeal.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:44 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Good! Let THEM fight the radicals, and bring ALL of our military home.
WE should not be fighting THEIR battles! Let THEM do all the fighting.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 PM

527 posts, read 709,110 times
Most Muslims secretly side with those so-called "radical" Muslims, believe it or not. Quran is still filled with pedophilia, murder, rape, homophobia, and other horrible things! ISIS and Al Qaida is following Islam, while fortunately most Muslims don't. Go to any mosque anywhere in the world they are bashing infidels and wish they conquered the whole world, talk about jihad and sharia.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Good! Let THEM fight the radicals, and bring ALL of our military home.
WE should not be fighting THEIR battles! Let THEM do all the fighting.
I'd like to know why Saudi Arabia and Jordan's soldiers get to set home, while we protect places they should be securing.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Most Muslims secretly side with those so-called "radical" Muslims, believe it or not. Quran is still filled with pedophilia, murder, rape, homophobia, and other horrible things! ISIS and Al Qaida is following Islam, while fortunately most Muslims don't. Go to any mosque anywhere in the world they are bashing infidels and wish they conquered the whole world, talk about jihad and sharia.
You didn't read any of the links did you?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:12 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
In another thread (//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lim-march.html) a poster was saying how Muslims need to speak out against the radical Muslims to separate themselves from the radical element. A lot of people (who are anti-Muslim) just assume all Muslims just accept what radicals are doing in the name of their religion. The mainstream media is partially to blame because they hardly ever report Muslims speaking out against radicals. I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread focusing on debunking the idea that Muslims don't speak out against the radical elements in their religion.

British Muslims: http://www.newsweek.com/young-britis...ce-isis-272254
https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotInMyName?src=hash

Muslims in Dearborn, MI: Muslims Denounce ISIS As ‘The Enemies Of Humanity’ at Public Protest in Michigan

Here is a letter from Muslim Scholars worldwide written to ISIS leader speaking against what ISIS is doing: Letter to Baghdadi - Open Letter to BaghdadiOpen Letter to Baghdadi

2,000 German Mosques speak out against ISIS: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...inst-ISIS.html

Muslim leaders in France: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...rutality-.html

Fatwa on Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why ISIS isn't really Islamic: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2.../isis-islamic/

Muslims in Oklahoma: Tulsa Muslims Denounce ISIS Attacks, Hate In Name Of Religion

Islamic Leaders: ISIS Are Not Muslims, They’re Criminals « CBS DC

Local Muslims condemn ISIS | The Sacramento Bee

Muslims and Scholars Condemn ISIS for Betraying Religion of 'Mercy' and 'Compassion' | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

Local Muslim leaders condemn ISIS | CharlotteObserver.com

How The Barbarians of ISIS Violate The Teachings of Islam An interesting snip-it from this article:

Let me know if you want more.
Why do I have a feeling this thread is going to be ignored?
Not ignoring it it's just the usual Muslim lying garbage.

Mohammadanism is a terror religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies