Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:30 AM

139 posts, read 250,803 times

Advertisements

The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.
I'd say many in the bottom 50% pay their fair share by working for unlivable wages so the rich could live off their backs.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:40 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post

I agree with you 100 percent but I don't see how anything will change when the libs keep crying for the poor instead of requiring them to work for the handouts they receive.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I agree with you 100 percent but I don't see how anything will change when the libs keep crying for the poor instead of requiring them to work for the handouts they receive.
I don't see how anything will change when a certain subsection of the right wing refuse to acknowledge that many who receive these handouts are gainfully employed.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd say many in the bottom 50% pay their fair share by working for unlivable wages so the rich could live off their backs.

meanwhile of ALL the people working less than 5% are working at OR NEAR min wage

the median household income is over 50k

Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't see how anything will change when a certain subsection of the right wing refuse to acknowledge that many who receive these handouts are gainfully employed.

It would be great if that were the majority but unfortunately it is not....To me even 10 percent of the population on welfare is unacceptable
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...outnumber-full

Last edited by 68551; 01-19-2015 at 05:19 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,534 times
For some reason, I'm getting ultra sensitive about all these threads and postings referring to *poor* people. Maybe we need to use a different adjective to describe a certain 'group' of people.

I AM POOR! But I certainly hope you are not referring to me!

I'm 51yrs , no dependents, single, and work FT @ $9.50/hr. I don't receive any gov help of any kind! I'm not eligible for ANYTHING! Every February (tax time) I file a straight form, with no extra candy of any kind. No extra forms to fill out.

So guess what? I am paying my taxes. Last 2 yrs my income taxes averaged 21%.

I also pay taxes every time I go to the store... Sales Tax. I pay taxes every time I fuel up the car. Every time I pay my monthly utilities.... there are taxes included (that I pay).

I live alone. I don't have anybody to share monthly expenses. So you do the math. At $9.50/hr.... I am poor! Now just exactly *who* are all these threads and postings referring to?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
For some reason, I'm getting ultra sensitive about all these threads and postings referring to *poor* people. Maybe we need to use a different adjective to describe a certain 'group' of people.

I AM POOR! But I certainly hope you are not referring to me!

I'm 51yrs , no dependents, single, and work FT @ $9.50/hr. I don't receive any gov help of any kind! I'm not eligible for ANYTHING! Every February (tax time) I file a straight form, with no extra candy of any kind. No extra forms to fill out.

So guess what? I am paying my taxes. Last 2 yrs my income taxes averaged 21%.

I also pay taxes every time I go to the store... Sales Tax. I pay taxes every time I fuel up the car. Every time I pay my monthly utilities.... there are taxes included (that I pay).

I live alone. I don't have anybody to share monthly expenses. So you do the math. At $9.50/hr.... I am poor! Now just exactly *who* are all these threads and postings referring to?

Think of how much more your take home pay would be if you didn't have to support the welfare class that are taking your hard earned money while they sit at home and wait for their check....

Old 01-19-2015, 05:05 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,534 times
Well then.... maybe all these postings and threads should specify the *welfare* class, rather than the POOR. Because people like me keep getting labeled as guilty.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
Well then.... maybe all these postings and threads should specify the *welfare* class, rather than the POOR. Because people like me keep getting labeled as guilty.
Ignore them. You're talking to people who think living off welfare is the same as living in a nice, wonderful, gated community where the entire (black) household eats lobster tail for dinner every night the whole month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies