Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I believe in the US consenting adults regardless of their financial status is free to have sex and have children.
Everyone is free to have kids. But having kids you cannot support is immoral and child abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So how much does it cost to support one child? Right wingers seem to love to dodge the real questions.
I don't know and I don't care. If you cannot support the child, don't have one. It really is that simple.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

People should rely on their family for support instead of the government.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Everyone should be responsible 100% for those they breed. No one is a parent when they create kids they cannot afford-at the time of conception. They are simply breeding. Their actions are 100% selfish-the opposite of what a parent should be.
Actually, it's even worse. They are selfish, irresponsible, immoral and child abusers.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:07 PM

211 posts, read 164,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Oh stop.

The top 1% pay like 30% of all collected income taxes.
The highest marginal tax rate for individuals for U.S. federal income tax purposes for tax years 1952 and 1953 was 92%

Under a REPUBLICAN president I might add. Republicans USED TO be sane and cared for citizens instead of just a tiny portion of them.It needs to go back to that.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The middle class is shrinking because of oppressive government regulations. Raising the minimum wage does not help the middle class.
The middle class is shrinking because our country is so top heavy in wealth and thats because the real wealthy are not paying there tax rates. Man i would love to say lets get rid of regulations and government oversight on labor if you believe it will help, but the truth is i can only go by the example of corporate american lately of sending our jobs overseas to countries that have little to no government oversight or regulations on labor and i have to say it scares me to see how they treat labor in some of these countries. Really honest you see the conditions they treat labor and it reminds you of sweatshops of yesteryear. Then i can't help but think if we didn't have these government oversight or regulations on labor in this country? And im not nieve to think that just because we are americans that it wouldn't happen to us too.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:17 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
In his SOTU speech last night, BO mentioned something about 'ever try raising a family on minimum wage?' (or something to that effect)
To which I responded: "If you're only qualified to earn minimum wage, you shouldn't be having a family you're trying to feed"

Is that too harsh?
Obama is a MORON, it would be a miracle if he stated something based on reality.

Example: You would have to be an idiot to have kids while earning minimum wage.

You can't expect much from a person raised by a mother who married an already married deadbeat ( yes polygymy) Barack Sr. and had Illegal alien relatives on social aid( his LOSER aunt and drunken uncle from Africa).

Less than 2 more years of this CLOWN before things start to really improve.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The middle class is shrinking because our country is so top heavy in wealth and thats because the real wealthy are not paying there tax rates. Man i would love to say lets get rid of regulations and government oversight on labor if you believe it will help, but the truth is i can only go by the example of corporate american lately of sending our jobs overseas to countries that have little to no government oversight or regulations on labor and i have to say it scares me to see how they treat labor in some of these countries. Really honest you see the conditions they treat labor and it reminds you of sweatshops of yesteryear. Then i can't help but think if we didn't have these government oversight or regulations on labor in this country? And im not nieve to think that just because we are americans that it wouldn't happen to us too.
In other words how dare those uppity foreigners want what you've already had for over a century.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,626,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
The highest marginal tax rate for individuals for U.S. federal income tax purposes for tax years 1952 and 1953 was 92%

Under a REPUBLICAN president I might add. Republicans USED TO be sane and cared for citizens instead of just a tiny portion of them.It needs to go back to that.
Do you realize that the tax code of the 1950s allowed crazy exemptions and deductions that do not exist anymore? And that no one, NO ONE paid a tax rate of 92%.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post

It was 91% and no one actually paid that. They paid between 40% and 70% at most and those making over $100K only shouldered 5% of the total tax burden. There was no such thing as tax "credits" and the U.S. faced no real competition world wide.

You can go back to that time if you're willing to kill billions of people in World War III. Well, assuming you're the winner or is it weener?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies