Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,787,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Instead of crying about it they should find a school that will accept them. Bravo to the school for actually having beliefs and standing up for them.
Lol, they don't have beliefs. Read the article, they let in kids whose mother is divorced and shacking up with her boyfriend out of wedlock. Even Jesus himself condemned that (unlock homosexuality). And please show me where Jesus said it's acceptable to mistreat children, because their parents are gay. That school is punishing the kids who have no control over who their parents are. That's not loving, it's evil. Which is how so many conservative Christians act these days.

That school is led by raging hypocrites, not Christians.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,787,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If it has the right Christian doctrine, it wouldn't teach them to hate anyone.
It doesn't have the right Christian doctrine. They have a doctrine of hypocrisy and evil.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,265 times
Well, I guess we can dispense with the notion that gays will only go after commercial businesses.
On the threads about florists, inns, bakeries, etc., the standard party line has been that these are commercial businesses and should have to serve anyone.
But it was always repeated that churches, pastors, etc. would not be attacked. That is apparently untrue.
I live in Nashville and am very familiar with Brian Copeland. I had much respect for him, but that has diminished due to this incident.

He said they were open with the school when they called to make sure the school didn't have a problem with it. The school decided they did, and he lambasted them on his FB page. And said he wasn't going to identify the school because he didn't want to hurt the children who attend. But now the national news is reporting about the school, and he has said nothing on his FB page (I'm FB friends with him).

The hate coming at the school now affects hundreds of families. And it's clear that the "churches and pastors" won't be attacked is completely untrue. Everyone must accept or be attacked.

Sad to see someone I had respect for open up all these children to having their school attacked. And it's a shame to see that someone I respected is not honest.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents*|*Jamie McGonnigal

I have to question why ANY gay man would invest his time, money and emotions in an organization that demonizes his very existence. People SHOULD only support organizations or people who support them. He really kind of deserves this treatment. Perhaps it will open his eyes.
This must be a medical miracle. I didn't know gay's could have kids!

Kidding aside, I think they are within their rights, because their beliefs would be inconsistent with what these "gay parents" believe, and would only lead to trouble. Such a situation would undermine the tenets of the Christian Faith.

One has to ask, why would two "gay parents" want to send the child to a Christian school, unless it was to make trouble. "Gay" people hate Christians, and hate what the Bible clearly teaches about homosexuality. So, what is their motive? They are clearly wanting to make an issue, and hoping to win a big lawsuit.

By the way, this isn't bigotry.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,906,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So now it's ok for them to persecute gays?
It's not OK for anyone to persecute anyone; however, I don't think this falls under the definition of persecution. If I decide I don't want to have a gay roommate (and I've had two of them in the past because I personally don't care...), am I persecuting them?

I will say the school's act is un-Christian and that the real victims are the children. The school disobeys the following verse: Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.-Matthew 19:14

Old 01-23-2015, 01:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Well, I guess we can dispense with the notion that gays will only go after commercial businesses.
On the threads about florists, inns, bakeries, etc., the standard party line has been that these are commercial businesses and should have to serve anyone.
But it was always repeated that churches, pastors, etc. would not be attacked. That is apparently untrue.
I live in Nashville and am very familiar with Brian Copeland. I had much respect for him, but that has diminished due to this incident.

He said they were open with the school when they called to make sure the school didn't have a problem with it. The school decided they did, and he lambasted them on his FB page. And said he wasn't going to identify the school because he didn't want to hurt the children who attend. But now the national news is reporting about the school, and he has said nothing on his FB page (I'm FB friends with him).

The hate coming at the school now affects hundreds of families. And it's clear that the "churches and pastors" won't be attacked is completely untrue. Everyone must accept or be attacked.

Sad to see someone I had respect for open up all these children to having their school attacked. And it's a shame to see that someone I respected is not honest.
Are people not allowed to speak out against what they feel is an injustice? They are not suing the school, and since it is a private school the couple wouldn't win anyways.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:17 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,001,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Agreed. One problem with organized religion (and I was a member of one for 40+ years) is that it tells the person what to think and believe about Jesus, rather than engage his teachings on a personal basis and draw your own conclusions.

I didn't grow up with a lot of religion, but always have had faith. My situation is unique, and a long story. Well, not too long, but it is unique.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Are people not allowed to speak out against what they feel is an injustice? They are not suing the school, and since it is a private school the couple wouldn't win anyways.
They aren't just speaking out, they've started a nationwide campaign against the school. People are encouraging others to attack the school's FB page on his FB page and are contacting the media to stir this up on their behalf. When one person encouraged everyone to attack the school's FB page, another person said that people shouldn't do that, and Brian stood up for the person who recommended attacking it.

So the whole spiel about not wanting to hurt the children at the school was complete BS.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:41 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,988,727 times
"bigoted"??
I guess it depends on how you look at it.
the school either doesn't think it is bigoted, or they just don't care.
Either way, it is THEIR school, and THEY can make and interpret their rules anyway they want. If somebody doesn't like it, they can get on down the road.

Seems to me that homosexual "pastor" needs an intensive course of study in the writings of the Apostle Paul.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents*|*Jamie McGonnigal

I have to question why ANY gay man would invest his time, money and emotions in an organization that demonizes his very existence. People SHOULD only support organizations or people who support them. He really kind of deserves this treatment. Perhaps it will open his eyes.
Is it too hard for them to admit they adopted the kid just to raise lawsuits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies