Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:26 PM

963 posts, read 690,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm a Republican, Levin hates Republicans. So, no I don't listen to him. If I wanted to hate on myself, I would just turn on MSNBC or go out in the backyard and flog myself. The only time I hear any of the talking heads is when I'm on a road trip. Then I try and find Dennis Miller or that guy who encourages people to get debt free (forgot his name).
Dave Ramsey

He hates RINO, French Republicans

Jeb Bush
Mitt Romney
John Boehner
John McCain
Lindsay Graham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 07:31 PM

610 posts, read 699,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
I do feel sorry for the OP. He is somehow forced to listen to Levin entirely against his will. He is unable to change the station or turn off the radio or anything to get away from Levin. All he is able to do is helplessly absorb a steady diet of "lies" .

I figured out how to work my radio and as a result, never had to listen to NPR or Scair America. A little knowledge is a wonderfu; thing.
This is not true. I never said I had no choice. You people that keep setting up straw men and never arguing with me...

It's important to fight back against the liars like him and Limbaugh and Shultz that keep the tyrants in power.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:32 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Does anybody actually listen to what this hack has to say? I live in Colorado Springs, and so most of the talk stations syndicate him in the afternoons. But I'm amazed at the absolute onslaught of lies and moral platitudes that fit a brainless conservative narrative, like he's some sort of enlightened visionary slash Reagan cult member. Today, however, when discussing the recent Haouthi takeover in the capital of Yemen, his bombastic, disingenuous vitriol was on full display and I need to try and understand how ANYONE lets it fly like he might actually be right ever.

If you listen to this guy, why? I don't mean that to be an insult framed as a rhetorical question, either. I really want to know, why? Do you not realize how full of lies almost EVERYTHING this guy says is?

And before you smear me and try to assassinate my character and call me a lefty and a liberal or a commie... I'm AS far from liberal as you could be. Liberals are just as bad as conservatives and their pundits lie just as much, they just lie differently. So don't accuse me of that, because you'd be totally wrong. The full spectrum of world opinion does not fall along the right-left divide, and neither do I.

I hope politics is the correct forum to put this in.
Delusional...
Does anyone actually listen...? evidently, he's on the radio.

But I'm amazed at the absolute onslaught of lies and moral platitudes that fit a brainless conservative narrative, like he's some sort of enlightened visionary slash Reagan cult member. Lies? Cult member? Please provide examples, if you can.

his bombastic, disingenuous vitriol was on full display and I need to try and understand how ANYONE lets it fly like he might actually be right ever. Wow! What a vocabulary. You must have cut-and-pasted that from some MSNBC site.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:33 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Dave Ramsey

He hates RINO, French Republicans

Jeb Bush
Mitt Romney
John Boehner
John McCain
Lindsay Graham
so what do you think? I can agree that Boehnor, McCain, and definitly Graham are RINOs. But, what about J. Bush? People say that he hasn't held office in awhile... thats true, but, look at his record as Florida Governor. Any thoughts?

Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Delusional...
Does anyone actually listen...? evidently, he's on the radio.

But I'm amazed at the absolute onslaught of lies and moral platitudes that fit a brainless conservative narrative, like he's some sort of enlightened visionary slash Reagan cult member. Lies? Cult member? Please provide examples, if you can.

his bombastic, disingenuous vitriol was on full display and I need to try and understand how ANYONE lets it fly like he might actually be right ever. Wow! What a vocabulary. You must have cut-and-pasted that from some MSNBC site.
LOL! How can you NOT see my point? "From some MSNBC site..." The "two" party system has convinced you, and most people of your ilk, that there are TWO OPINIONS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. MSNBC/CNN/CBS and FOX/Limbaugh/Levin. Stop. The world is so much more nuanced.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
I wish a listener would ask a punk like Mark Levin, how many new American graves he thinks Yemen or any other god forsaken Middle Eastern nation is worth? Is it worth a few hundred or maybe a few thousand or if we have to sit on it for decades maybe a few tens of thousand? and Today manyt of our sodiers come back physically or mentally injured so would a few hundred thousand injured soldiers or former soldiers be worth it? If he doesn't think so I wish he would quit playing that armed forces medly and quit saying he is such a great patriot supporting our troops and providing the GOP cover for sending them in harms way fighting a sham war they can't win unless they start behaving like Hitler's SS.

I forgot no listener can get a word in edgewise for Levin is infamous for handing up the phone if someone doesn't parrot his the crap he promotes on his show or stoke his EGO. .

Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
LOL! How can you NOT see my point? "From some MSNBC site..." The "two" party system has convinced you, and most people of your ilk, that there are TWO OPINIONS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. MSNBC/CNN/CBS and FOX/Limbaugh/Levin. Stop. The world is so much more nuanced.
You do not know me. How could you know my "ilk"?

Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I listen to him. You say he lies? be specific. I sense that you dislike his attitude and his style of discussion more so than what he actually has to say. We all know that he is coming at us from a conservative angle. So, whats the problem exactly?
Okay, so, for example, a nuclear-Iran is an existential threat to Israel and, we should therefore, kowtow to all of Netanyahu's demands. First of all, the Iran nuclear myth has been dispatched with by basically anyone who's traveled to Iran to actually write about it, and frauds like David Albright, who Levin is happy to cite, have been exposed OVER AND OVER for being completely full of ****. But even that aside, if we pretend that the fatwas on nuclear prohibition were never issued, and Khamenei was somehow friendly to the creation of a nuclear weapon, Mossad themselves said it wouldn't be an existential threat to Israel:

*Advertisement

He claims that the U.S. does not "torture" anybody. What he doesn't tell you is that the JD memo sent from Alberto Gonzalez and John Yoo to the president cite some random age-old medical statute about "severe pain" needing to cause organ failure to be severe, and torture requiring severe pain, therefore nobody tortures anybody. He also doesn't admit the rendition program:

Outsourcing Torture - The New Yorker

And denies the statutory anal rape at Abu Ghraib:

US general linked to Abu Ghraib abuse | World news | The Guardian

He claims that, in the Mike Brown shooting, the "credible" eyewitness accounts corroborated the officer's story, and that the officer was a hero. The specific accounts to which he directed his praise have been admitted by McCulloch HIMSELF as a lie:

St. Louis prosecutor McCulloch says he knew ‘Witness 40′ lied to Ferguson grand jury

I can go on and on and on and on...

Old 01-23-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
I wish a listener would ask a punk like Mark Levin, how many new American graves he thinks Yemen or any other god forsaken Middle Eastern nation is worth? Is it worth a few hundred or maybe a few thousand or if we have to sit on it for decades maybe a few tens of thousand? and Today manyt of our sodiers come back physically or mentally injured so would a few hundred thousand injured soldiers or former soldiers be worth it? If he doesn't think so I wish he would quit playing that armed forces medly and quit saying he is such a great patriot supporting our troops and providing the GOP cover for sending them in harms way fighting a sham war they can't win unless they start behaving like Hitler's SS.

I forgot no listener can get a word in edgewise for Levin is infamous for handing up the phone if someone doesn't parrot his the crap he promotes on his show or stoke his EGO. .
This is brilliant.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
You do not know me. How could you know my "ilk"?
Because you said, in your own words (paraphrased), that disagreeing with Levin implied I was parroting MSNBC. There is a certain paradigm in which this mindset operates, to which you clearly belong, or you would not have said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies