Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:37 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times

Advertisements

And Harry Reid is one of the best Crony Capitalists in DC. They like to talk about being advocates for the poor, but actions speak louder than words.
----------------------------------------------
Corporate donors to a green energy nonprofit operated by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid’s (D., Nev.) former staffers and a current campaign operative have received billions of dollars in federal loan guarantees and grant money as a result of Reid’s advocacy.

Fulcrum Bioenergy began contributing to the Clean Energy Project (CEP) in 2013. One year later, the Nevada Democrat steered tens of millions of dollars in federal grant money to the California biofuel company.

Fulcrum is one of at least nine corporate donors to the Clean Energy Project (CEP) that have secured federal financing for themselves or a client due in part to Reid’s behind-the-scenes advocacy—activity that watchdogs warn could be construed as unethical.

Harry Reid Secured Subsidies for Aides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,114 times
Dems have been the unabashed party of Wall St. and Silicon Valley since the mid 1990's.

Prior to that it was the GOP while the Dems looked out for the middle class.

Now the GOP is more Main St.

Funny how things change.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
So it seems to me that Republicans should be supporting initiatives (like a Constitutional amendment to overturn "Citizens United") that are aimed at getting the *really* big money out of politics.

Why aren't they?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So it seems to me that Republicans should be supporting initiatives (like a Constitutional amendment to overturn "Citizens United") that are aimed at getting the *really* big money out of politics.

Why aren't they?
Why do you oppose free speech?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 AM

30,353 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Obama borrowed trillons from the Chinese to give to his rich fat cat buddies on Wall Street that supported him. The poor and espcially blacks have fared terribly under Obama's reign. Income inequality has accelrted at unpredented speed during Obama's reign.

Republicans are good for the middle class and the Dems are good at expanding the poor and rich.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Dems have been the unabashed party of Wall St. and Silicon Valley since the mid 1990's.

Prior to that it was the GOP while the Dems looked out for the middle class.

Now the GOP is more Main St.

Funny how things change.
Get it through your head; nobody in government has ever cared about the middle class or any class for that matter. As long as they got money in their pocket, like that great Democrat from California Barbara Boxer (thanks for giving her to us California retards) they don't care if you live or die.

It is what government is and if you think otherwise I might be reprimanded for what I am about to say but you're just stupid. Sorry but there is no other way to put it. Stupid.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

Why aren't they?
This thread is about Harry Reid and the Dems.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Get it through your head; nobody in government has ever cared about the middle class or any class for that matter. As long as they got money in their pocket, like that great Democrat from California Barbara Boxer (thanks for giving her to us California retards) they don't care if you live or die.

It is what government is and if you think otherwise I might be reprimanded for what I am about to say but you're just stupid. Sorry but there is no other way to put it. Stupid.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
How is the title of this thread possible?

All Democrats are welfare leeches. I read it here on this forum thousands of times so it must be true.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Why do you oppose free speech?
Lol...great.

You make a post about how Republicans are for Main Street.

Then...As soon as Citizens United is mentioned, you run as fast as you can to the first rich person you could find, tackle him, and cover his body with yours like the best damn bodyguards in the world would do for their clients.

And you managed to do it before the thread hit 2 pages. Lol..

Hey...I've got a few bucks in my pocket. Get over here and protect me from the big bad liberals while you're barely getting by on your wages.

Suckers. There's one born every hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies