Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times

Advertisements

So, is gender a cultural idea or a natural one? There are advocates that state gender is a cultural construct, yet someone like in this story states it is natural. There are people out there trying to raise "gender neutral" kids because they do not want the influence of gender as shown by society, yet being "natural" would contradict this approach.

Also, who ever stated wearing a dress, acting feminine, having feminine names, etc is just for females? If gender is different than sex and neither dependent on each other, than what difference would it make the clothes being worn, hair length, fake breasts, etc? If the sex a person is born with has nothing to do with gender, then why would someone go through the trouble of physically changing parts of their body to be more like the sex their new gender stereotypically identifies with?

Old 06-03-2015, 09:41 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I was never a huge Snoop fan --- but I have to say I'm on his side over this issue:

https://instagram.com/p/3divBpv9MI/

Why are so-called "legitimate" news organizations devoting so much time to this freak of nature Bruce Jenner? What has he really done useful for society in the past 25 years? The media is acting like he found a cure for cancer or solved the national debt.

It's a free country so he's entitled to butcher his God-given genitalia any way he wants, but just don't keep shoving his weird pictures in my face and all over the news channels.

Enough is enough already. We got ISIS cutting off people's heads --- major buffoons entering the Republican nomination race --- and an exciting NBA Finals featuring LeBron James about to grab his 3rd ring on his march to immortality. NOBODY cares about Caitlyn Jenner.

You don't have to look.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:45 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,435 times
Quote:
I was never a huge Snoop fan --- but I have to say I'm on his side over this issue:

Why are so-called "legitimate" news organizations devoting so much time to this freak of nature Bruce Jenner? What has he really done useful for society in the past 25 years? The media is acting like he found a cure for cancer or solved the national debt.

It's a free country so he's entitled to butcher his God-given genitalia any way he wants, but just don't keep shoving his weird pictures in my face and all over the news channels.

Enough is enough already. We got ISIS cutting off people's heads --- major buffoons entering the Republican nomination race --- and an exciting NBA Finals featuring LeBron James about to grab his 3rd ring on his march to immortality. NOBODY cares about Caitlyn Jenner.

Ah poor baby, I'll let you in on a little secret. Life isn't all about you. Media organizations exist to make money. that is why Caitlyn is all over the news. People do care. Some people are happy and excited and some people are angry or disgusted, but they do care. If people were not interested the media would move on to something people were interested in.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,520 times
This is BS, this is about money, hence, he'd be credible if he removes his genitals . . . or maybe the drugs are affecting his brain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoIM1dRzGo

Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Good and all, but it should not be talked about months and months from now. Media has to learn to let go of things.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:02 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahgx3 View Post
Sexuality is such a complex topic. With Caitlyn Jenner, we have the topic of sexuality and sensational media, and I definitely think that this has been a way to gain media attention. Do I think that Bruce Jenner has some type of Gender Dysphoria? Yes, because we have seen him looking more and more like a woman over the years, even before he divorced Kris. But I don't think it's to the extent he's claiming, where he says he feels fully woman. I think maybe he does like cross-dressing, it's fun, it exists to him as a sort of alter-ego, like many men and women who participate in drag culture, but are comfortable living day to day life as they were biologically born. Why I think Bruce is not really truly "trans" is because he's always been interested into things that are typically associated with male gender such as his toy helicopters, extreme sports, etc, and apparently always been attracted to women. Those who are really trans will show more interest in feminine things like fashion, makeup, etc. When even asked about his style, he totally avoided the question. I think he found a way to live the luxurious lifestyle he was used to living with the Kardashian Franchise Funds. Now, he's an instant iconic hero to the Transgender Cause, and will go on to make millions of dollars and even is having his own TV show being filmed now. In a way, it's unfair to all of those who struggle with being transgender truly, because I do think this was a publicity stunt in more ways than one. People have done crazier things for money and fame.
Totally agree, except that the ONLY "feminine" thing he has shown an interest in IS the "dress-up" part. When Diane Sawyer asked him what he would enjoy most, he said "having nail polish on so long that it chips". Everything about this process from him so far is totally superficial. I have NEVER gotten a feminine vibe from him AT ALL in watching the Kardashians' show. He says he is heterosexual, which means he is interested in women. He can go on in great detail to his kids about all the "femininization" details like raising his lower lip and getting rid of some wrinkle in his forehead....but he is totally vague about the re-assignment surgery and whether it will even really happen. Intellectually, he is no rocket scientist, and I think HE believes because he enjoys cross-dressing so much, that makes him a woman. Did he ever say during his interview that he enjoyed doing "feminine" things, other than the dress-up part? I am not trying to minimize the struggle of those who truly are trans-gender, but I sure wouldn't want Bruce/Caitlyn as my role model. He is making a total farce out of this and for the sake of his children who are showing a supportive face but must be totally traumatized not to mention mortified, he should have done this much more privately.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,994 times
Maybe it's just a by product of spending time with Kardashians. Please, please, please let Kanye be the next one to make the transition!!!

Old 06-03-2015, 10:18 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:

I'm with you. This guy? gal? it? is nauseous. Enough already. For the first time in my life I'm a Snoop Dog follower. Just as long as Kanye West doesn't also finally say or do something intelligent then I won't completely have my world turned upside down.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
So says the guy who will vote for Hillary not because he knows her politics, he thinks it's time a woman is President.

Snoop is so worried about who the Republicans are putting forward, he is not even paying attention to the policies of Hillary.

Wonder why people vote for color and gender, over brains and leadership.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Quote:
NOBODY cares about Caitlyn Jenner.
WRONG. Caitlyn has over 2 million followers on Twitter and over 1 million on Instagram, in just a matter of a couple of days. What would Snoop Dogg know about anything other than rap music and smoking weed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies