Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that most of the millennials who vote Republican vote more with their brains instead of their hearts. They care more about the economic stability of our country and paying low taxes and having hard work being rewarded along with personal responsibility. I admire people who are young and conservative, and yes, more exist than you might think.

Most of the liberal millennials I have met vote more on social issues than anything. They think "oh we will all live in harmony and will be a progressive country with a liberal president." They care about social issues only which is a big mistake.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 12:21 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
I think there are dumb and smart young people in both camps.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,449 times
I think we shower more.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I've noticed that most of the millennials who vote Republican vote more with their brains instead of their hearts. They care more about the economic stability of our country and paying low taxes and having hard work being rewarded along with personal responsibility. I admire people who are young and conservative, and yes, more exist than you might think.

Most of the liberal millennials I have met vote more on social issues than anything. They think "oh we will all live in harmony and will be a progressive country with a liberal president." They care about social issues only which is a big mistake.

What do you think?
Have you ever known of a conservative millennial who would spend $100,000.00 to obtain a masters degree in puppetry from the University of Connecticut?

Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Ah yes, the old Republicans vote with their brains and Democrats vote with their hearts myth.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I think this is a ridiculous question. There are stupid conservatives and stupid liberals. This is a reality most refuse to recognize.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Have you ever known of a conservative millennial who would spend $100,000.00 to obtain a masters degree in puppetry from the University of Connecticut?
You'd be surprised the things liberals and cons will do in their personal lives.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I think you're making things up. It's not 1968.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:39 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Interesting question that is impossible to answer.

One thing I do know is that younger Republicans are less conservative when it comes to values related to the environment, role of government, the social safety net, social issues like gay marriage.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:

What do you think?
You yourself have argued that Republicans and Dems are mostly the same on economic issue with different window dressing, are you back tracking ??????

If not, then Social issues really are the only divide.

If not, then we can get into the meat of your argument.

1. Voting for lower taxes is indeed putting your heart over your brain. Most people understand that taxes( Local state and federal) pay for many things that individuals can not, like Schools, roads, parks, law enforcement, water infrastructure , electricity,traffic lights/signs .

Lower taxes in and of themselves is short sighted. If you can make a case of them being to high, thats fine, but you seemed to be arguing based on ideology which has nothing to do with economics or thinking with your brain.

My county voted for Mitt Romney with more than 60% of the vote, and yet has raised sales taxes and property taxes 3 different times between 2010 and a 4th vote coming up in a week.

its obvious that those who think with their minds know that lowering taxes in and of themselves means nothing if there is no context.

You didnt go into much detail about anything else so do you wan to elaborate more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies