Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Wrong again; McVeigh was not a Christian. And his buddy Nichols wasn't a Christian until he converted afterward in jail.
Why must leftists always be dishonest when it comes to these things?
Semi-correct. I know that Wikipedia is not always a reliable source, but I believe this information to be correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Religious beliefs and final conversion to Roman Catholicism[edit]
McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.[89] During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.[90] McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.[91] In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."[89] In McVeigh's 2002 biography American Terrorist, he stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion.[92][93] In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic.[3] Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.[94][95][96][97][98]
SOURCE LINK

Point is "A Christian Did this" was technically correct, but as you correctly pointed out, he did not do it for reasons related to his faith, current or past.

Neither side has a monopoly on dishonesty, or disingenuity when trying to 'prove' their point.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
For every Eric Rudolph there are about 100,000 Kouachi brothers.
For every Eric Rudolph, there are also tens of thousands of Eric Rudolph's

-Westoboro Baptist Church
-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

As I've posted many (!) times before, Christianity is not a hateful religion. But to associate Islam with ISIS is just as flawed as associating Christianity with this group of "representatives". That's all.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 AM

398 posts, read 629,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

As I've posted many (!) times before, Christianity is not a hateful religion. But to associate Islam with ISIS is just as flawed as associating Christianity with this group of "representatives". That's all.
the left wants to gas light us and make us think the insane absurd is true. islam is peaceful loving religion hey christianity needs to be taken out of our society because it is evil and violent.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:

-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

Tens of thousands of Eric Rudolphs? This is some kind of Orwellian doublethink. 2+2=5.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:

-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

i do not disagree. But notice how many leftists love to cut into christians but when the subject of Islam comes up........crickets!

Old 02-10-2015, 03:35 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What Liberals fear is the TRUTH, it doesn't fit in with Obama's unicorns and rainbows agenda.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

BTW, Obama fears the truth, that's why he's such an accomplished LIAR.

God forbid offending terrorists by shining a light on their actions, heck Obama won't even mention the name of the "religion of violence" when speaking about them.

But yes he will lie and rewrite the koran and history to further his failed policies.
So, one can't criticize Obama without being an Obamaphobe?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:

-David Duke
-Sun Yung Moon
-David Koresh
-Pat Robertson
-Michael Bray
-Matthew Hale
-Jim Jones

One CAN equate Islam with ISIS because their belief system teaches them to be barbaric.
Christianity is a belief system based on the teachings of Christ. I don't know if anyone can find an example of barbarism committed by Christ or his followers, even in His day.

Not so with Islam and Muhammed's followers. Their barbarism is as fresh as the blood spilled by their victims and the stench of burning flesh just this past week.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
One CAN equate Islam with ISIS because their belief system teaches them to be barbaric.
Christianity is a belief system based on the teachings of Christ. I don't know if anyone can find an example of barbarism committed by Christ or his followers, even in His day.

Not so with Islam and Muhammed's followers. Their barbarism is as fresh as the blood spilled by their victims and the stench of burning flesh just this past week.
Also this concept of living in the past bringing up the crusades and things kingdoms who adopted christianity did is so asinine.
SO what if monarchs and governments from a thousand or more years ago committed war crimes in the name of christianity do you think they were all that different when they were pagans?
We are talking about the here and now and people love to talk about time periods that they and all of their family never experienced to take validity away from a modern day issue

Old 02-10-2015, 04:37 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I'll wait on pins and needles for Oprah and Ellen's opinion on this important subject.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll wait on pins and needles for Oprah and Ellen's opinion on this important subject.
hahaahh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies