Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 08:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Yes, it was a democrat led war to save Moslems and now a big chunk of them live in St. Louis. Hardworking, taxpaying citizens now tired of the black on Bosnian crime:

St. Louis
So. That's their problem.

I don't live in St. Louis. Don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You can look up "facts" yourself. Why would I justify something from the middle ages I had no role in?
I don't why you do it. I asked you why. Can you explain it?

Quote:
Tell me where in the bible and especially, since you hate Christians, the New Testament, you find support for harming people who don't believe as you do.
I hate Christians? I am Christian, and as I have repeatedly pointed out, the Bible does not call for such actions. I said the core teaching of Christ is to love your neighbor and love even your enemies. This is why I, as a Christian, reject such actions, but you seem to defend them. You are offended by the mentione of them, which can only mean you identify with them. They were not Christians, which is why I have no problem rejecting them, and their actions. Rejecting inquisition etc does not reject Christianity, it only rejects people who used Christianity as a tool to commit evil. That is the point you are not comprehending. When people mention inquisition, you feel YOU are being criticized. Why? Why do you call tortureres and murderers Christians? They were not.

Quote:
Also please tell me how you find an example for it in the life of Jesus Christ. Christians have done bad things in history. No one disputes it. What's happening now due to Islam is what is relevant.
Straw man argument. I never said there are such examples.

Quote:
Then give me an explanation of the 164 verses of the Koran that discuss jihad against infidels and let's also discuss the life of that cult's prophet.
I believe islam, like all false religions, is a satanic deception, which is why I do not bother reading their teachings.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:35 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,214,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Not true, Christians denounce only when their interest is in jeopardy, they very often turn the blind eye on their "ally" Israel when it committed genocide on Palestinians in Gaza, Sabra and Chatila .
Genocide? LOL If it was genocide, then Israel must be the most incompetent mass murderers in history. The "Palestinian" population has grown 600x since 1948, and Muslims have a better QOL in Israel than in any other Middle Eastern nation. This is just more proof that liberals are anti-Semitic and will do anything to insult Jews, even if it means defending Islamic terror.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
The constitution does not define our foreign policy. This is a foreign policy matter, not a constitutional matter.
LMAO What? Protect our borders. Trade with all nations, entangling alliances with none. Like our forefathers preached.
Quote:
I really doubt they want us over there for the fight - they know that if we wanted to we could easily defeat them.
Why haven't we defeated them since we've been over there for ages? Is it because they have an easy way to move troops and arms over here? I don't think so.
Quote:
Unfortunately, they also understand we don't have the will to fight, so they can taunt us while they gather the strength to achieve their ultimate objectives.
They're not taunting us, they are defending themselves. No one in the Middle East constantly attacked US Troops until we went over there.
Quote:
Give them time and the will be here, and very likely by taking advantage of our southern border. Not at all a secret that it's an open border BTW.
Dave
Give them time? How many more decades should we give them? lol You can't be serious?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I think he might have looked at the 1950's when India was split into Pakistan and India to see a more recent case of slaughter. Look back at Jews being slaughter just before that. So the world is and has been violent and crusades where centuries ago. Seemed strange for someone who said he understood those who looted and burned in Ferguson to go back that far in history for a example of madding crowd violence. Personally I am not interested in understanding ISIS and those who support them anymore than Ferguson.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which religion do you think he was referring to when he spoke about ISIS? Are you saing you have no idea? Another poster already admitted he had no idea which religion was in question, and I think it demonstrates incredible ignorance.
You must think Obama and the speechwriters picked words out of a hat to randomly place them in the text.

When speaking of Christian misdeeds, 'in the name of Christ' came up twice. Speaking of the ISIL death cult, 'religion' popped up rather than Islam. And the word 'Muhammad' was never picked, or wasn't in the hat to begin with.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You must think Obama and the speechwriters picked words out of a hat to randomly place them in the text.

When speaking of Christian misdeeds, 'in the name of Christ' came up twice. Speaking of the ISIL death cult, 'religion' popped up rather than Islam. And the word 'Muhammad' was never picked, or wasn't in the hat to begin with.
You struggle answering the simple question. Lets try again: which religion do you think he referred to when he spoke about muslims and ISIS. He rejected ISIS as " brutal, vicious death cult"?

Any Christian I know rejects torture and murder, but for whatever reason some people here actually identify with the tortureres of the inquisition and feel offended when their actions are questioned. If you are a Christian you SHOLD questions them. You shold NOT defend murder. The catholic church which orchestrated the atrocities were not Christians, they were the false teachers Christ warned us about.

The comparison between ISIS and inquisition is a valid one, except that the inquisition was larger scale and more systematic. In both cases religion was/is used as a tool to control people and to commit crimes.

Interestingly this discussion reveals the fact that many people are willing to defend torture and murder as long at they THINK it is/was done by Christians.

Are you going to admit being the 3rd poster on this thread who had no idea which religion ISIS relates to?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-08-2015 at 07:13 AM..

Old 02-08-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
You struggle answering the simple question. Lets try again: which religion do you think he referred to when he spoke about muslims and ISIS. He called ISIS "brutal, vicious death cult"?

Or are you going to admit being the 3rd poster on this thread who had no idea which religion ISIS relates to?
Which religion is an easy question, Islam. You're evading the harder questions.

Why was it essential to specifically mention 'in the name of Christ' when recounting the Crusades, Inquisition, slavery, and Jim Crow ? Why not 'in the name of Muhammad' with ISIL.

You must think it was a random choice for which words he used.

BTW, your reference to Islam as a satanic deception puts you on a higher horse than Obama could have imagined in his speech.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
BTW, your reference to Islam as a satanic deception puts you on a higher horse than Obama could have imagined in his speech.
If you say so, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a satanic deception. According to the Bible there is only one way, and I can assure you it was not referring to islam.

Inquisition was a satanic deception too.

Quote:
You must think it was a random choice for which words he used.
Anyone who says they don't get it, is only pretending to not get it.

Anyone who associates him/herself with inquisition, is NOT associating with Christianity, but with evil, and ends up being on the same side of good and bad with ISIS.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-08-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 02-08-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
If you say so, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a satanic deception. According to the Bible there is only one way, and I can assure you it was not referring to islam.

Inquisition was a satanic deception too.

Anyone who says they don't get it, is only pretending to not get it.

Anyone who associates him/herself with inquisition, is NOT associating with Christianity, but with evil, and ends up being on the same side of good and bad with ISIS.
It's not me who'd consider you on the high horse Obama spoke of; it's Obama.

"And, first, we should start with some basic humility. I believe that the starting point of faith is some doubt -- not being so full of yourself and so confident that you are right and that God speaks only to us, and doesn’t speak to others, that God only cares about us and doesn’t care about others, that somehow we alone are in possession of the truth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies