Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:33 PM

23 posts, read 27,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Maybe you can take a Government or History class at one of the local community colleges. Or visit the library and check out some books ( and then read them.) This topic is one that we all need to know as much as possible about, especially in this day and age.
Ya the law library is a good start. Unfortunately I work 6 days a week from before sun up to past sundown. So unfortunitily I am limited to learning from places like this one. But a legal forum is my next step. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:27 PM

Default yes i will seek help

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I see that you are complaining about code enforcement, concerning some mobile home you are repairing. My advise: seek out a local free law clinic, or perhaps a law school if one is close by. Get some type of professional advice (some of the bigger law firms will take cases on a pro bono, or free, basis). I doubt that you will be able to represent yourself in this matter, reading your earlier postings.

Plus, forget about your vendetta about finding out who complained about your mobile home. It will not profit you. Focus on the problem at hand.
Yes I will seek help...so far these code folks have been nice. But I don't trust them. right now they are giving me time to do what I need to do. But I work 6 days a week. that leave 1 day to do everything in. Then there is the rain or car care or laundry. things have a way of getting in the way...and I wonder how long they are going to give me before they wreck what I worked so hard to get going. Not to mention had paid thousands for. In this case I am guilty until proven innocence...and that's just wrong as hell. Then it's going to boil down to whatever they have to say. Those people have got me by the balls and I can say nothing to them. Put yourself in my shoes. Work hard, buy a place of your own to live. do what you can to fix it up for you and your dying mom. Then somebody complains annonomously on a phone to 311. So a week later you get a notice in the mail saying your home is a dangerous structure but they cannot tell you how they know that, so they want to make an appointment to come in with you and go look around. Now they are building experts? Now ad in worrying daily, hourly wondering what you can do to keep them from ruining everything you have worked so hard to get going ...just because someone around here made a phone call saying something. I tell ya...if you put yourself in my shoes...the worrying can drive you mad after a while. And I know some are going to say, do it this their way or that way. I am doing what I can with what I have with what money I make. I have bills like everybody else to, and I work hard for a living, but I don't make a lot of money. If I can't make what I wanted out of it and they make me do something like, spend my own money to have it fixed or hauled off I won't bounce back. I will have to live out there in a tent or something. And my dying mom with have to be put in a nursing home which she made me promise her I would never ever do. Now how do I really feel? Tell me?Mad? A little. But more so scared. And heart broken wondering what to do and who to turn to to help me fight those people for what is mine and what I have worked so hard to get going for us.

and as for the vendetta ? It was never like that. It may have seemed like that to some people reading this but that's never what it was about. I was just hoping to try and talk some sense to them. Give them some reassurance that were going to come together, but that it takes time. That it wouldn't happen over night or as quick as they wanted it to. But now talking to them is too late. Code is involved now. Now I have to wonder if they are going to trash my life, or give me the time I need to do what I can do on my one day off a week.

You know...I watched a youtube video about an old white lady in san antonio. someone called in complaints on her about her house. She was visited by code, she let then in to look. they condemmed her house. They showed JR Ramon and sons haul trucks and excavator crushing the house and hauling it off to the dump the day she was forced to move out. The city called her a cab and had her taken to the haven for hope. But because she had a white haired chow dog she loved so much and couldn't part with...they would let her stay there. so the city put her up in a motel for a the night. The next day....she was homeless. and because she had a dog she couldn't be helped by haven. So ask yourself. Which was better? Let her live her last few years out in her own home? Or force her out into the streets and become homeless just like that? Sometimes code has got to understand that what they are doing isn't allway right.

I knew an old man once. He was disabled with a broken back. The house him and his wife lived in needed repairs. He started with the roof, just him and a strong neighbor boy . Someone called in because he didn't throw away the roof debree soon enough. Turns out he was waiting for the bulky items pickup to happen. But he didn't make it. Code sends him a letter. They want to meet with him so he tells them to come on in. He shows them what all he is doing to repair the house. But because the roof had leaked at on time and because the old ceiling sheetrock was taken down in spots because the rain water had ruined it, and because they could see daylight thru where the roof cap was to go next week....they condemned his house. They sent him a letter telling him and his wife to move out. He went to court and he had to pay fines and court costs and they made him get a permit to repair the roof. and a fine for the old roof debree piled up. But what was that all about? Whats the moral to this story? The moral is sometimes those code folks don't have any morals. Or feelings. I can't help but feel like they weren't out to just get the city some money by way of court costs and fines and a permit. And hirer taxes because of home improvements.

Point is those code folks aren't always on your side. But after reading both of these stories you have got to ask yourself...what should a person in my shoes do? I need legal representation. And I will start looking tomorrow,because tonight is over...and I have to work in the morning. thanks.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 PM

For those of you who saw I wanted help and helped me, I thank you. I will be seeking legal council pertaining to this matter as time allows me to do so. Thank you to those who helped me and gave me some good advice without the hateful and resourcefulness remarks as some here had did. I'll try back tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime now. Once again, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: