Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 09:30 AM

16,553 posts, read 8,592,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
So, do you think everybody is racist to a certain degree?
If you are talking about the traditional and defined term of racist, the answer is no.

However in liberal leftist PC speak, probably everyone who is not a minority is a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:35 AM

283 posts, read 521,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your first paragraph hits the nail perfectly on the head.

I don't know why they just won't own it. If you're a racist, be proud of your distinction and ride with it. Don't try to normalize it so as to avoid any fallout from the position you've taken. If it's such a principled stance, carry that flag and let everyone know that's where you stand.
Exactly. It's outlandish what lengths the racists on this board/site go to in order to run from what they are. Man up! You're a racist! Just admit it, and don't try to trivialize the moral repugnance of what racism is by reasoning that "duh, everybody's a racist". No, they aren't.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Give me the conservative position on why black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty and why unemployment is twice as high. If you or any conservative can answer that without it inferring that blacks are inherently somehow less intelligent, less responsible, less loving and less hardworking....I will join you in the condemnation of the claim as well.
I prefer to focus on solutions rather than blame. The best solution to poverty is education.

And BTW, black people are NOT inherently less of anything and the conservative position on poverty does not assume so.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,010 times
Minorities can have racist views, but can't be "racist" in the societal context. They lack significant political power.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think suggesting that EVERYONE is racist might be a strategy used by the demographic that usually gets accused to "normalize" the behavior so that their group may avoid the moral injury of the association.

I often find in debates the first strategy is to deny that racism is a problem or issue. When that strategy fails then the strategy is to argue that blacks are just as racist, if not more or argue that everyone is racist, thus removing any perceptions of moral inferiority as it relates to the issue of race.
This tactic is known as goal-post moving / special pleading.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,526 times
I don't think everyone is 'racist", I think "bigoted" would be a better term.
Yes, secretly, all people have irrational dislikes of certain other people for any number of reasons ~ I think it is human nature. We are harwired for it. I like to think I am open minded and as a nu-age hippy, love all people, but occasionally I catch myself thinking things that go against that.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I don't think everyone is 'racist", I think "bigoted" would be a better term.
Yes, secretly, all people have irrational dislikes of certain other people for any number of reasons ~ I think it is human nature. We are harwired for it. I like to think I am open minded and as a nu-age hippy, love all people, but occasionally I catch myself thinking things that go against that.
I don't harbor irrational dislike of people based on melanin content, sorry.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:01 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
How can anybody dislike Dr. Ben Carson simply because he is black. I bet most people love him.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How can anybody dislike Dr. Ben Carson simply because he is black. I bet most people love him.
I don't like him because he is an idiot. I'm black.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:03 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I don't harbor irrational dislike of people based on melanin content, sorry.
So, you do for other reasons, then?

That is why I said "a number of reasons" in my post.

No need to apologize. You're just being honest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies