Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:30 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So you think that this is a relevant question for a potential presidential candidate? "Do you think that Barack Obama is a Christian?" Seriously? Is that what counts as "the Big Time" these days?
"Relevance" is not the point. And Republicans were the ones who made religion an issue in the first place. Besides, since when is it the obligation of a free press, to only ask 'safe' and "inoffensive' questions, especially of a candidate seeking the public's trust? Or are we only questioning the "character" of Democrats these days?

To quote good 'ol Harry "give 'em hell" Truman, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"!

Geez, what a bunch of 'delicate flowers'?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 09:47 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Which debates were moderated by left media members?
You don't remember the Candy Crowley debacle?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:18 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You mean like Religion, sermons at a church he attended, birth certificate, and whether he smoked pot?
I had no interest in the birth certificate or his drug use in college. Hell, who among us did experiment at least once?

I do think that given what we discovered about the content of the sermons at his church, the ones he apparently slept through, we have the right to judge for ourselves whether or not that is a factor.

OTOH, the liberal left in this country has no problem slandering people for their religious beliefs, not how republicans stand on abortion, young earth creation, the fraud of AGW, illegal immigration (framed as some kind of conspiracy to deprive illegals of their constitutional rights) and so on down the line. Freedom of speech is one thing. The never ending slander is something else. As in Walker was kicked of of college for cheating being the latest one, apparently.

The question asked was idiotic and irrelevant. The reply was appropriate. The questioner was reminded that as a member of the press his job is to seek out truth, not perpetuate liberal left slander.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I had no interest in the birth certificate or his drug use in college. Hell, who among us did experiment at least once?

I do think that given what we discovered about the content of the sermons at his church, the ones he apparently slept through, we have the right to judge for ourselves whether or not that is a factor.

OTOH, the liberal left in this country has no problem slandering people for their religious beliefs, not how republicans stand on abortion, young earth creation, the fraud of AGW, illegal immigration (framed as some kind of conspiracy to deprive illegals of their constitutional rights) and so on down the line. Freedom of speech is one thing. The never ending slander is something else. As in Walker was kicked of of college for cheating being the latest one, apparently.

The question asked was idiotic and irrelevant. The reply was appropriate. The questioner was reminded that as a member of the press his job is to seek out truth, not perpetuate liberal left slander.
I don't know how many times the right wing media played the Reverend Wright Sermons.

These presidential candidates were big and bold enough to answer a direct question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Cc8t3Zd5E

Old 02-22-2015, 10:31 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
mateo45"And yeah, if this is his idea of a tough question, then he's obviously not ready for the Big Time. Although considering the current GOP field, it's understandable how some conservative folks might be lowering their expectations these days!"

Amen. Rubio handled it well. No one else has risen to that level addressing Obama Derangement Syndrome by the GOP. News flash: Having gone 2 for 2, he is not a future opponent.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
He kinda sounds like Palin, playing the 'victim' when she couldn't answer Kouric's "gotcha" questions (lol)!

And yeah, if this is his idea of a tough question, then he's obviously not ready for the Big Time. Although considering the current GOP field, it's understandable how some conservative folks might be lowering their expectations these days!
Walker will be in and out of the primary election process like grease through a goose.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:10 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Walker said he does not believe that most Americans care about such matters. “People in the media will [judge], not everyday people,” he said. “I would defy you to come to Wisconsin. You could ask 100 people, and not one of them would say that this is a significant issue.”

I doubt the question is irrelevant to 0 of 100 Wisconsinites
As a Wisconsinite, I can confirm that some people do actually care about this stuff... but of course, the majority don't. I defy them to come to Madison and ask me anything related to politics. That would be quite entertaining.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 PM

671 posts, read 890,789 times
One thing the world could use less of are extremist be they from the left or right....Once settled in they quit thinking for themselves and let party lines do their thinking for them....

Old 02-22-2015, 11:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This man was kicked out of Marquette University for cheating. What is he doing here? He's a complete simpleton, and his answers to the Press clearly demonstrate this. Maybe this works in Wisconsin, but he no more belongs on the national stage than a drunken sailor on crack.

yep, the dem party there alleges that he cheated. sort of like when people allege that obama was not born in the USA. i still do not hear any liberal going for that one.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:57 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
It astounds me to how much people distract from the central theme of the OP. Stuff like talking about Walkers candidacy or college transcripts or what ever. At least to me, this has little to do with Scott Walker but more to do with the media. I largely think the media and its shaping of news is focused on polarizing or creating controversy that ordinarily would not be there. I honestly do not think many people cared about what this person felt about Obama's religious beliefs, yet the question was asked and then it potentially becomes a news story based on his answer despite the premise of the question being severely flawed. This is an epidemic within our media to create news to get ratings. It works, I guess, because the 2-5 million people who watch fox/msnbc/cnn feed off this bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies