Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 01:20 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

What happens if DHS shuts down? - CNN.com

To make a long story short, a DHS shutdown would affect very few employees. Looks like about 15%. Since a stay has been ordered on the EO, and since the DHS would keep on running, although slightly shorthanded, do you think the Republicans should stop playing politics and drop the rider to the funding bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 01:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What happens if DHS shuts down? - CNN.com

To make a long story short, a DHS shutdown would affect very few employees. Looks like about 15%. Since a stay has been ordered on the EO, and since the DHS would keep on running, although slightly shorthanded, do you think the Republicans should stop playing politics and drop the rider to the funding bill?

If DHS shuts down, illegal aliens don`t get to take jobs from Americans, America hating Democrats don`t get a bunch of new supporters and corporate ***** Republicans don`t get to drive down wages for their Chamber of Commerce friends.

In short, American working families win for a change.

The rider on the funding bill would fund amnesty Americans don`t want or need for a president who has no constitutional authority to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants and politicians who have placed their own interests above those of the people they represent.

Is winning elections so important to Democrats that they would flood the labor market with low-skilled workers thereby driving down wages even further?

Everyone in DC supporting an illegal invasion of sovereign US soil by attaching funding for unconstitutional amnesty to the DHS bill is a ****ing traitor to the United States and should be immediately impeached.

Last edited by momonkey; 02-24-2015 at 01:40 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 01:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
How many times do we have to go through these kinds of things before we realize its going to mean nothing just like every time before?

Old 02-24-2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If DHS shuts down, illegal aliens don`t get to take jobs from Americans, America hating Democrats don`t get a bunch of new supporters and corporate ***** Republicans don`t get to drive down wages for their Chamber of Commerce friends.
Well, like I said, it's not shutting down, but if it did, 13,000 immigration law enforcement officers and 40,000 border patrol and customs officers would be furloughed. How would that stop illegal immigration?

Quote:
In short, American working families win for a change.
America wins by shutting down the DHS? What about the Muslims?

Quote:
The rider on the funding bill would fund amnesty for a president who has no constitutional authority to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.
A stay has been put on the EO.

Quote:
Is winning elections so important to Democrats that they would flood the labor market with low-skilled workers thereby driving down wages even further?
By shutting down the DHS and furloughing border patrol agents? You're not making any sense, but your post is off-topic anyway. I'm asking if the Republicans should drop the rider. Since nothing you've said makes sense, I'm going to assume you think 'no.'

Old 02-24-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Well, like I said, it's not shutting down, but if it did, 13,000 immigration law enforcement officers and 40,000 border patrol and customs officers would be furloughed. How would that stop illegal immigration?

America wins by shutting down the DHS? What about the Muslims?

A stay has been put on the EO.

By shutting down the DHS and furloughing border patrol agents? You're not making any sense, but your post is off-topic anyway. I'm asking if the Republicans should drop the rider. Since nothing you've said makes sense, I'm going to assume you think 'no.'

Since you never once mentioned the possibility of Democrats simply dropping the funding of illegal unconstitutional amnesty, you are obviously too dishonest and otherwise invested in screwing your fellow Americans to be taken seriously.

Any particular reason Democrats can`t fund DHS without funding amnesty for millions of illegals?

Old 02-24-2015, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Since you never once mentioned the possibility of Democrats simply dropping the funding of illegal unconstitutional amnesty, you are obviously too dishonest and otherwise invested in screwing your fellow Americans to be taken seriously.

Any particular reason Democrats can`t fund DHS without funding amnesty for millions of illegals?
Any particular reason you're unwilling to let the courts deal with it?

That's my reasoning. Don't know what the Democrats think. I'm not partisan on this. If it were Democrats doing it to Republicans, I'd feel the same way. I'd like to see less politics, and more governance. Fund the damn government, and play politics another day. This powerplay is impotent, as the OP demonstrates. Therefore, it's nothing but a political ploy. If the Republicans want to do something about immigration, they have to come up with a plan. Boehner could introduce one tomorrow. Playing chicken with DHS funding isn't winning me over.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many times do we have to go through these kinds of things before we realize its going to mean nothing just like every time before?

The closing down (partial) of DHS will mean nothing, but the press will slant the story in such a way that the low-information types will blame those refusing to screw working Americans for closing down DHS without ever understanding why.

This gives Democrats the opportunity to **** America in the *** with complete immunity and it gives RINOs the opportunity to do the same thing but for different America hating reasons.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Any particular reason you're unwilling to let the courts deal with it?

That's my reasoning. Don't know what the Democrats think. I'm not partisan on this. If it were Democrats doing it to Republicans, I'd feel the same way. I'd like to see less politics, and more governance. Fund the damn government, and play politics another day. This powerplay is impotent, as the OP demonstrates. Therefore, it's nothing but a political ploy. If the Republicans want to do something about immigration, they have to come up with a plan. Boehner could introduce one tomorrow. Playing chicken with DHS funding isn't winning me over.

The courts are not the legislating body prescribed by the Constitution.

Playing politics is attaching funding for amnesty to a DHS bill, no?

Why is amnesty for illegals so important to you?

Did you cross the border illegally or do you simply want to dilute the votes and paychecks of working Americans?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:08 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
The courts are not the legislating body prescribed by the Constitution.

Playing politics is attaching funding for amnesty to a DHS bill, no?

Why is amnesty for illegals so important to you?

Did you cross the border illegally or do you simply want to dilute the votes and paychecks of working Americans?
lol

It should be important to you, considering that if the GOP continues to try and stop it, they have zero chance of winning a Presidential election.

Don't like 70+% of Hispanics voting for the Democrats? That could easily jump to 80+%, just keep following this path. Personally, I'm enjoying watching the Republican Party absolutely throw away their already slim chances at winning the next election.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

It should be important to you, considering that if the GOP continues to try and stop it, they have zero chance of winning a Presidential election.

Don't like 70+% of Hispanics voting for the Democrats? That could easily jump to 80+%, just keep following this path. Personally, I'm enjoying watching the Republican Party absolutely throw away their already slim chances at winning the next election.

If opposing an illegal foreign invasion means losing all future elections, the republic is already lost and the party in charge will be irrelevant as America will exist in name only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies