Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 02:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

'For me the protection of Planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma.'

Outgoing UN IPCC Chief Rajendra Pachauri.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/02/...and-my-dharma/

Why is he outgoing?

Head of UN climate panel steps down amid harassment case

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 02:24 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times
Yeah, my town (Huntsville, AL) is expected to get 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow...
So much for 'Global Warming'...

Old 02-24-2015, 02:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Yeah, my town (Huntsville, AL) is expected to get 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow...
While I could explain to you the difference between climate and local weather, I won't. There's no way you haven't already heard. Oh well.

Hopefully the wind won't pick up where you live, or else it will pick up everywhere because that's how it works, I guess.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
While I could explain to you the difference between climate and local weather, I won't. There's no way you haven't already heard. Oh well.
We were once warned that strong storms in the Gulf were because of Global Warming.....until they never materialized. At least the snow is real.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We were once warned that strong storms in the Gulf were because of Global Warming.....until they never materialized. At least the snow is real.
The storms are part of weather, which is only partially connected to climate. Weather does not define climate. I believe last year, it snowed on the pyramids in Egypt. Does that mean it was cold the entire year? No, because that would insane to even suggest.

Weather is short term local activity, while climate is long term regional activity. It being cold for a week does not mean the climate is a cold one.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:32 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,793,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Here in California we are having spectacular weather! Best spring ever!

I hate to agree with the AWG weenies, but there really is a difference between weather and climate.

BTW, hope you are enjoying the weather that results from us west coast people whose weather is sending our storms over to you!

Old 02-24-2015, 02:33 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

Hopefully the wind won't pick up where you live, or else it will pick up everywhere because that's how it works, I guess.
And salt is bad for ya...oh wait...

And egss are bad for ya...oh wait....

But anyway, have you bought your carbon credits lately?

And here is a great reason why it is so easy to be "duped" because someone has phd...or what at the end of their name...

The M&Ms were the best...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/ma...anted=all&_r=0

No not all people are bad...but see how easy it is...

Old 02-24-2015, 02:33 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
'For me the protection of Planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma.'

Outgoing UN IPCC Chief Rajendra Pachauri.

Outgoing UN IPCC Chief reveals global warming ‘is my religion and my dharma’ | Climate Depot

Why is he outgoing?

cool story
so what?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
The storms are part of weather, which is only partially connected to climate. Weather does not define climate. I believe last year, it snowed on the pyramids in Egypt. Does that mean it was cold the entire year? No, because that would insane to even suggest.

Weather is short term local activity, while climate is long term regional activity. It being cold for a week does not mean the climate is a cold one.
That really doesn't address what I said. I'm not arguing that the snow means squat.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
cool story
so what?
Sexual harassment is a cool story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies