Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post
Please, enlighten me. How do you tell a man is gay? Outside him obviously stating it or that he has a boyfriend. No, you can't pass off that every gay you've met talks about their personal life. You can't bring up "camp" gay signs either because not all gays display those factors. I know and have seen many across America who do not display their orientation through "camp" gay.

So how are you going to prevent homosexuals, Muslims, and Jehovah's Witnesses from buying from you? How do you tell when someone doesn't speak what they are?
He's not going to be right 100% of the time. He'll do business with some gays he never suspected and reject some straights he though projected 'clues.'

Whether he's a bigot or not, he is clever enough to know the law and avoid breaking it.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,342,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm just saying it shouldn't be illegal.

Is your point that we should never disagree with the law?
Yes it should be and it is by color of skin. Unless you're of course okay with pre Civil Rights era laws? There's a reason the Civil Rights act was enacted!

Old 03-09-2015, 12:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Yes it should be and it is by color of skin. Unless you're of course okay with pre Civil Rights era laws? There's a reason the Civil Rights act was enacted!
I believe any non-essential business should be allowed to refuse to do business with anyone for any reason. If a restaurant doesn't want to serve black people, that should be their STUPID prerogative.

Obviously, I'm against any laws that would prevent people from drinking from a fountain or getting married based on race, ethnicity or region.

Forcing a florist to serve a customer does nothing but mask over hate. It doesn't eliminate it or change minds. It's my believe that allowing it to go on display will do more to change society.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,065 times
Yes, this is suppose to be a free country! If I want to lose money for my religious convictions shouldn't I be free to? A restaurant can say no shirt no service, are we going to fine them next? The gay community only cares about forcing us to believe the way they do. If someone told me they didn't want to serve me, I'd say "oh well, your loss" and go spend my money elsewhere.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:18 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
The only discrimination in this case was against the Christian. The bigoted judge and homosexuals are seeking out Christians to discriminate against them. We know that. We know they you people will force Christians to not work or earn a living just like the Nazi's did the Jews. Thats been foretold for thousands of years. We are willing to die for our faith. Bring it on.
I'm sorry, I just saw this in passing. If I may paraphrase George Carlin:

You won't see a lot of these people dousing themselves in kerosene and lighting themselves on fire. You know, morally committed religious people in South Vietnam knew how to stage a demonstration. They knew how to put on a protest. Light yourself on fire!

The bit was regarding moral crusaders and abortion, but I think the message still works in this case.

Last edited by dvxhd; 03-10-2015 at 01:01 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 04:59 PM

174 posts, read 125,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I'm sorry, I just saw this in passing. If I may paraphrase George Carlin:

You won't see a lot of these people dousing themselves in kerosene and lighting themselves on fire. You know, morally committed religious people in South Vietnam knew how to stage a demonstration. They knew how to put on a protest. Light yourself on fire!

The bit was regarding moral crusaders and abortion, but I think the message still works in this case.
Our God commands us not to commit murder (suicide is murder, abortion is murder, etc) so we do not engage in it. I may be forced chose to work and reject my God or serve my God and strive to death. That is what they are pushing for. I shall starve to death for my God.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Did anybody see that?
Person who owns business, now is sued only because gay-couple wanted to earn some?
It's not a discrimination(but i will not hide that i'm against same-sex marriages) but now, we are talking not about my "hatred"
I'm not surprised that it happened, because we all remember situation with baker who refused to bake wedding cake. but i'm surprised that court decided to pay for this couple...
Why? Maybe some barbershop owners should serve to dirty homeless people?
Maybe you caan tell me, why our judicial system encourage discrimination?
Florist Barronelle Stutzman rejects Washington's offer to settle gay discrimination case | Daily Mail Online
A Washington florist who refused to provide flowers for a gay wedding rejected an offer from the state to settle a discrimination case by paying a $2,000 fine.
Barronelle Stutzman, a 70-year-old grandmother, wouldn't provide flowers from her shop in Richland, Washington, for the 2013 wedding of Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed.
When longtime customer Ingersoll came to Arlene's Flowers and asked for the flowers, the devout Southern Baptist told him her 'relationship with Jesus Christ' wouldn't allow her to do the wedding.
I don't like bigots or business owners who are bigots.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:10 PM

174 posts, read 125,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post
Yeah, I think he is trolling too. He has yet to list what a "clue" is. I don't think you can, AL84. You have had several opportunities.
I did not know I had to make a list.

The little (=) inside the shape of the state of Alabama that is common in Alabama right now gives away your stance on same sex marriage and I would use that to weed you out.

A woman listing another woman as "spouse/partner" on the applications "emergency contacts" section.

Butchy women and effeminate men are clues. Maybe not conclusive but a clue.

I had a reference tell me "you know he's gay don't you" once when I contacted them.

Most homosexuals are proud of that fact and with a little coaxing you can get them to share that pride with you. I have had people open up in job interviews as I discussed the company (I then worked for) policy on non-discrimination. Lead them on thinking I was very protective of any homosexuals who may encounter bad treatment from other workers.

I was trained in interview and interrogation techniques in law enforcement and I know how to get peoples trust and get them to tell you everything you want.

People love to talk about themselves.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
Our God commands us not to commit murder (suicide is murder, abortion is murder, etc) so we do not engage in it. I may be forced chose to work and reject my God or serve my God and strive to death. That is what they are pushing for. I shall starve to death for my God.
First, you're technically wrong. Stop living by the Bible when you don't really know what's in it, or knock off this fake Christianity in which you selectively choose what is/isn't applicable today (in other words, twisting the "undying Word of God" to suit your prejudices):

Luke 9:24 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."

The Bible also has stories of a few suicides, but doesn't really say anything about eternal damnation for doing so... but it does say that as long as you've accepted Christ, your sins will be forgiven upon death. Oh, wait... like a lot of concepts of Hell, your views are based on a work of fiction (other than the Bible). Dante's Inferno was extremely influential on even modern concepts of Hell, and sure enough, people who died of suicide live in Circle 7, Canto 13... the Wood of the Self-Murderers. Still, that was his imagination, but not technically in the Bible.

If you believe God will smite America for legalized same-sex marriage and if God really does despite LGBT people, you actually have a Bible-sanctioned green light to do it if it's for God. If you can't really back up your words with such extreme action, I understand, you're just a fake. Self-immolation is a painful way to die, so I guess you aren't as committed to God as you claim to be. If you'd prefer to starve to death for God to make a point, then get this hunger strike started. Be sure to provide a persuasive argument so that like-minded others take your lead on the path to martyrdom. Don't forget to remind them that paradise awaits and there are no gay people where they're going.

...Or are you not really that committed to God? Even those Muslims you hate go through self-imposed fasting sunrise to sunset during Ramadan. Looks like they have more devotion to God then you claim to. Say, that truly does make them holier than thou!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:25 PM

468 posts, read 583,404 times
Talking you are wrong on all counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In commerce, she has no such rights.

The Civil Rights Act is over half a century old. In the Act, Title II specifically prohibits business owners (ie, public accomodations) from refusing to serve all sorts of people regardless of what they 'want to do' or what religious excuse they serve up as an excuse.

Here. Learn something:
http://users.wfu.edu/zulick/341/civilrightsact1964.html

And, yes, bigots wailed about the 'horrible injustice'... ... of the Act. They whined all the way to the Supreme Court, which ruled unanimously against them, 9-0. Virtually every judge in the last 50 years has agreed with this ruling - which suggests that when you bleat about a renegade judge you really don't understand the basic concept of what it is to be a 'renegade'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Atlanta_Motel_v._United_States

You know what's really sad? The Civil Rights Act is one of the shining moments in this nation's history - and you despise it for one of its core principles, the idea that businesses cannot discriminate against people based on who they are.

Your hate dies with you, you know. The next generation doesn't share it. Oh, sure, a small minority does. But with every passing year, your faction shrinks. You're a relic, rapidly approaching extinction, digging in your heels as you insist on being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

PS - You also have no idea what the word 'regressive' means, do you? But you should. Just grab a mirror.

Sodomites are not about civil rights. Blacks were born with something natural that they cannot change.

Sodomites were born with something natural and decided to CHOSE TO CHANGE.

I don't give a damn about man made laws OVER Gods spiritual law, which is what is in question here.

God put down the law sodomites are sinners not to be interacted with. A PERSON HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR CONSCIENCE, whether you like it or not. It is called LIBERTY of choice.
Your sodomites are "slave mastas" FORCING THEMSELVEs onto people just like Blacks were FORCED to do thing that they would not normally do.

And yes, you the moniker "Progressive" is a lie, because everything they touch turns into a regression of humanity. Take man made regressive laws and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Your sodomites are just bully ghetto lottery degenerates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies