Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 03:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erobrer View Post
And you accused me of being obtuse.
Exposing the absurdity of your "logic" is not being obtuse. It is working to try to get you to realize the failure in your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erobrer View Post
Are you really defending that intoxicated sex is now rape even if both parties are able to consent?
I'm telling you, straight out, that exploiting unjust power over another, regardless of the source, is immoral, whether you applied the liquor that left the person you're with impaired judgment or the person impaired their judgement themselves.

Stop working so hard to defend rape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
'Men' don't have excessive power, individuals do.
Correct. Of course, I never used the word "men" or anything gender-specific in any of my messages in this thread. The fact that you posted that reply to me means you have no understanding whatsoever of the message you replied to. Actually, it is clear that you didn't even the comments you were replying to, but just thought it would be "smart" to post an utterly pointless and vacuous reply, just because you hate the idea that this thread is about condemning something indefensible you want to defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Your brand of identity politics is nothing but bigotry.
Your brand of blind and reckless replies to comments you didn't read is nothing but juvenile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 05:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
If you can't keep your clothes on while drunk, the lesson would be , don't drink. I find it offensive that regret sex becomes rape. I also find most have a full understanding of what they are doing under the influence, their inhibitions are just mostly out the window.

Now if the party is unconscious, that does not give anyone the right to screw them when they can't resist. If you have drunk sex you regret, cast it off as a poor choice and move on. It was a choice you made.

btw I doubt you can blame progressive any more than those with puritanical views that think talking about sex causes it ( well maybe in the world of the repressed, it does)

Old 03-07-2015, 05:36 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Those pesky progressives now want to tell us when we can have sex. Drunk sex is now rape. The idiots running our colleges and our entire country think they can pass laws to change how we have sex. Sex must be honest and creative? Yes, Big Government is alive and well and seeks to control how and when we have sex. That's because Big Government knows better than we do when we should have sex.

Yes, but those pesky progressives are always the ones telling us "get the government out of our bedroom or our womb". I agree that's ex should be a conscious sober decision between participants but it is getting so that those participants are going to have to sign a contract/waiver before engaging. Why don't you try having homosexual sex, the progressives won't complain then. JUST KIDDING!!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Regulations are not created in a "playful tone". Regulations are not created to educate, but rather to legislate.
I'm pretty sure that the University of Georgia doesn't have the authority to alter the law.

Regulations isn't the right word, actually... the page is more like a instruction manual on how to avoid raping someone.

Not that anyone on this thread has actually bothered to read it.

Quote:
"Sex that occurs while a partner is intoxicated or high is not consensual… it is sexual assault."

This quote is taken from earlier in the thread. "Intoxicated". I've known women who were intoxicated after their first beer, but they weren't THAT intoxicated.
If someone is only a little tipsy, then chances are they know what they're consenting to and you're not going to wake up and be accused of rape... unless of course there is some sort of devious plot afoot. But if you don't know a person well enough to realize they're capable of that, then why are you so keen on having sex with them?

Do you honestly think that the majority of women in the world are willing to have drunken sex with someone just so that they can turn around and accuse them of rape?

Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If you can't keep your clothes on while drunk, the lesson would be , don't drink.
And I suppose if you don't want to be accosted walking down the street don't wear pretty clothes? If you don't want to be assaulted by your spouse don't get married?

Hint: Blaming the victim just makes you an enabler of the transgression.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
I'm pretty sure that the University of Georgia doesn't have the authority to alter the law.

Regulations isn't the right word, actually... the page is more like a instruction manual on how to avoid raping someone.

Sex while intoxicated most certainly is not necessarily rape. One has to know what they are discussing before instructing others on it.

Quote:
If someone is only a little tipsy, then chances are they know what they're consenting to and you're not going to wake up and be accused of rape... unless of course there is some sort of devious plot afoot. But if you don't know a person well enough to realize they're capable of that, then why are you so keen on having sex with them?
Many couples go out drinking with the knowledge they are going to be having sex afterwards.

Quote:
Do you honestly think that the majority of women in the world are willing to have drunken sex with someone just so that they can turn around and accuse them of rape?
My complaint lies with the colleges simply trying to cover their asses with asinine propaganda.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Sex while intoxicated most certainly is not necessarily rape. One has to know what they are discussing before instructing others on it.

Many couples go out drinking with the knowledge they are going to be having sex afterwards.
Do you seriously think that someone who has consciously planned to have drunk sex with their SO is going to read this webpage and suddenly decide she has been raped?

It's amazing how many bitter, lonely men out there are desperate to see a feminist conspiracy to destroy their sex lives.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:49 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:

So what's the solution here?

Chastity belts with integrated breathalyzer interlocks?

Look, your not going to get any argument from me that purposely taking advantage of an obviously severly intoxicated women is sexual assult. But where, and more importantly how do you draw the line?
One drink? three drinks? ......five?

Do guys need to have the woman sign a consent form first, stating that they are sober and willing, just to protect themselves from false rape accusations?

See this is the type ridiculous situation that well meaning but poorly thought out "zero tolerance" policies lead to.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
So what's the solution here?

Chastity belts with integrated breathalyzer interlocks?

Look, your not going to get any argument from me that purposely taking advantage of an obviously severly intoxicated women is sexual assult. But where, and more importantly how do you draw the line?
One drink? three drinks? ......five?

Do guys need to have the woman sign a consent form first, stating that they are sober and willing, just to protect themselves from false rape accusations?

See this is the type ridiculous situation that well meaning but poorly thought out "zero tolerance" policies lead to.
You don't need devices or a drink limit, you just need to make absolutely sure that what you're doing to someone is okay with them. It's really not hard or complicated.

If you don't know because one of you is too drunk, you probably shouldn't do anything.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Do you seriously think that someone who has consciously planned to have drunk sex with their SO is going to read this webpage and suddenly decide she has been raped?
Maybe not but the statements, rules, regulations, whatever you want to call them being released are saying it is rape. It enforces the idea that it is rape which in most cases it is not. Statements like this should never be a part of an official anything.

Quote:
It's amazing how many bitter, lonely men out there are desperate to see a feminist conspiracy to destroy their sex lives.
And yet, I said nothing of the sort. I said it was a harmful attempt by colleges to cover their asses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies