Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
did it ever occur to you that certain demographics of people living in America are not all that fond of America and have loyalty elsewhere? I do not know where you live but if you think America has become a big melting pot love in then I guess you need to go to southern cali or anyone of the major cities in the USA.
No offense, and trust me I don't disagree with you on the mixed loyalty thing, but two wrongs don't make a right. At some point it is better to take the higher road. At least that's how I was raised.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 AM

398 posts, read 629,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No offense, and trust me I don't disagree with you on the mixed loyalty thing, but two wrongs don't make a right. At some point it is better to take the higher road. At least that's how I was raised.
And the higher road is having no sense of Nationalism or pride or loyalty in your community?
Sorry we have different perspectives on what it means to have the higher road.
I would imagine we do not share the same morality as well.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They're being "forced to apologize?" Only in 2015 America.

We're turning into a nation of pansies.
If I were in their situation I would invite them to extract their apology from my rectal cavity.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
did it ever occur to you that certain demographics of people living in America are not all that fond of America and have loyalty elsewhere? I do not know where you live but if you think America has become a big melting pot love in then I guess you need to go to southern cali or anyone of the major cities in the USA.
Why use California for your example when your link demonstrates that Texas is no better.

Shouts of USA, USA were CLEARLY derogatory and belittling towards Hispanic kids and families at the other school. To pretend that it wasn't is b.s.

At least have the guts to be truthful and not hide behind your lame version of patriotism.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 AM

398 posts, read 629,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why use California for your example when your link demonstrates that Texas is no better.

Shouts of USA, USA were CLEARLY derogatory and belittling towards Hispanic kids and families at the other school. To pretend that it wasn't is b.s.

At least have the guts to be truthful and not hide behind your lame version of patriotism.
If the USA offends you and American flags offend you I feel you should leave. That is my opinion and i will support anyone who promotes such a ethos. i have traveled the world and lived in countries that are very nationalistic. People waved and draped their local flags and were very proud of their roots in many places i have been and it never offended me.
If you hate Americans who love their nation then my feeling is get out and leave and do not let the door hit you on the ass.
If you wish to label me or attack me for that ethos then frankly I feel fine about it.
Glad to know where you stand

Old 03-03-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
If I were in their situation I would invite them to extract their apology from my rectal cavity.
Please. No you wouldn't. Because you know that plenty of those folks can easily get it out of your ass if you insist.

Miss me with that nonsense. You know better.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:43 AM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
And the higher road is having no sense of Nationalism or pride or loyalty in your community?
Sorry we have different perspectives on what it means to have the higher road.
I would imagine we do not share the same morality as well.
My perspective and morality on this is firmly rooted in family and in homily. Matthew 5:38-38 and 39

"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well."

Ergo- two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
If the USA offends you and American flags offend you I feel you should leave. That is my opinion and i will support anyone who promotes such a ethos. i have traveled the world and lived in countries that are very nationalistic. People waved and draped their local flags and were very proud of their roots in many places i have been and it never offended me.
If you hate Americans who love their nation then my feeling is get out and leave and do not let the door hit you on the ass.
If you wish to label me or attack me for that ethos then frankly I feel fine about it.
What a scoundrel.

Take that lame uber patriotic jingoism somewhere else.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:45 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Patriotism = hatriotism

The American flag is used by a segment of the population to harbor extremist right-wing views. In this context, it was a racist statement against the opposing players. It is analogous (yet more subtle in this case) to seeing the Confederate flag fly if an all white team played against Jackie Robinson West in Little League.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
‘USA!’ Chants During High School Basketball Game Perceived As Racist « CBS Houston
A school district has apologized after students chanted “USA! USA! USA!” following a girls basketball game because the chants were perceived as racist.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports that students from Idalou were chanting “USA!” after a game at Slaton. The Slaton school district is 74 percent Hispanic and 7 percent African-American students.
It would have been great if the Hispanic students had responded by waving an American flag and chanting "USA!"

They have just as much right to do so as other Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies