Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:56 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why use California for your example when your link demonstrates that Texas is no better.

Shouts of USA, USA were CLEARLY derogatory and belittling towards Hispanic kids and families at the other school. To pretend that it wasn't is b.s.

At least have the guts to be truthful and not hide behind your lame version of patriotism.
Doesn't matter. It's never inappropriate to chant USA. It's always whiny ass liberals who get offended by any mention of the United States in a positive light or at the sight of an American flag.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
All the Mexican Nationals illegally in this country that were at that game as parents and students of an American school should have been chanting right along celebrating their arrival in the promise land.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 AM

398 posts, read 629,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My perspective and morality on this is firmly rooted in family and in homily. Matthew 5:38-38 and 39

"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well."

Ergo- two wrongs don't make a right.
Again we have nothing in common pertaining to morality and right and wrong. I feel being nationalistic and loving your community is far from wrong and very right.

Last edited by blan; 03-03-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Doesn't matter. It's never inappropriate to chant USA. It's always whiny ass liberals who get offended by any mention of the United States in a positive light or at the sight of an American flag.
Given our history, a crowd of whites yelling USA at a team full of Latino students could indeed have prejudicial undertones.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
In texas there was a group of students waving American Flags at a Basketball game.
Mexican students and families claimed that this offended them and now the students are being forced to apologize. Link to the article provided within the video of this Liberal video blogger who also thinks the Flag is racist -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg5x...#gpluscomments
That same pathetic blogger with his childish little girl glasses. If his panties are in a twist he is free to leave the country. No one is forcing him to live here.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It would have been great if the Hispanic students had responded by waving an American flag and chanting "USA!"

They have just as much right to do so as other Americans.
Maybe the Hispanic students aren't a bunch of morons like their antagonists were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Another uber jingoist.

You love America. We get it. Want a cookie since that makes you special?

Old 03-03-2015, 11:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Please remember children have to be taught to hate the same people their parents hate. Seems the Anglo parents in Texas are doing a pretty effective job.

This chant was the Anglos twisting patriotism into a cultural slur and should be condemned. All the people in Texas are Americans legal status notwithstanding.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Maybe the Hispanic students aren't a bunch of morons like their antagonists were.

Another uber jingoist.

Do you fly an ISIS flag at your home?

Old 03-03-2015, 11:51 AM

398 posts, read 629,649 times
Quote:

Another uber jingoist.

so your position is that white people or American people are morally inferior and should not have the right to display American flags because because they are culturally and mentally inferior when compared to other nations and we need to deal with them in order to stop racism and bigotry. As always you are a fountain of intellectual consistency I am glad you joined this thread.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:54 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
That should be outright illegal to raise a foreign flag in replacement of a US flag. I've seen the same thing with the Gadsden flag as well, and that is just as wrong IMO.

However I do believe good sportsmanship is important to instill, so I'm not sure I give those that chanted at the game a 'pass', at least on those grounds.
I'll give it a pass if the other school has waved the Mexican flag around , in a similar fashion. High School kids are emotionally and hormonally fueled, and naturally tend to reprisal based displays. So are a high percentage of "adults". Seems to me, there could be a history, involved with this , debated, display.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies