Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sure they are. States have had high risk insurance pools for such persons since long before Obamacare.
Not all states even offered high risk plans, in some states there were no options at all. In states that did, there was up to a one year waiting list with no insurance, then one plan is offered with a 6mo-1 year exclusion for any preexisting conditions with up to double premiums, higher co insurance, and up to 10K deductibles.

For many, the pre existing condition was a non issue, just some ridiculous exclusion from the past, or an underwriters medical misunderstanding, but they are only offered that one cost prohibitive plan, there is no ability to purchase a catastrophic, or other plan no matter how healthy they actually are.

Americans overwhelmingly agree with removing pre existing conditions from insurance. Legislators had decades to come up with a better solution, but chose to do nothing in favor of making the individual market a cash cow for insurance companies.

Last edited by detshen; 03-09-2015 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 03:47 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Not all states even offered high risk plans
Most (72%) did.

States That Have Risk Pools

Old 03-09-2015, 04:17 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I don't know if there's anything out there but is there any type of way to make it where people can actually be helped but it doesn't require everyone else to be punished by taking worse plans or having ridiculous taxes just because they worked for a job that provides great benefits?
They went hunting alligators; drained the swamp, then forgot why they were there to begin with...health care reform. 3000 pages later and a slue of Supreme Court hearings, this is the best the U.S. Government can come up with, a law.

imo, if you have a job with great benefits and the law does not interfere with that, then count yourself very luck in the present day and hope that tomorrow it remains the same.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:20 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
They went hunting alligators; drained the swamp, then forgot why they were there to begin with...health care reform. 3000 pages later and a slue of Supreme Court hearings, this is the best the U.S. Government can come up with, a law.

imo, if you have a job with great benefits and the law does not interfere with that, then count yourself very luck in the present day and hope that tomorrow it remains the same.
It doesn't yet but soon enough they will try. It's just a matter of time. Nothing is off limits when it comes to taking money from people and giving it to others.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:34 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Roberts twisted the original ACA law to make it fit within constitutional parameters. I'm sure he'll be just as creative this time around.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thtas what catastrophic insurance was for.

You needed insurance to kick in at the point you couldnt afford it.

Had $100K in the bank, then you needed $100K catastrophic care..

Thats how you know how much insurance you need.

I, like many, lost our policies due to ACA..
And I want back what I had.

That idiot in the WH took it away.

Now I refuse to get it and he can kiss my butt as I will never get insurance until this living abortion dies.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:45 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That didn't take long:

Don't Blame Heritage for ObamaCare Mandate

That link comes from, your source page.

btw reference to the source page, the person who shut down the government was the person in charge with the power to do so.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And I want back what I had.

That idiot in the WH took it away.

Now I refuse to get it and he can kiss my butt as I will never get insurance until this living abortion dies.
"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

The hole in the hull that sinks the Titanic, so to speak.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:56 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Mid-argument updates: King v. Burwell

"Justice Kennedy expressed deep concern with a system where the statute would potentially destroy the insurance system in states that chose not to establish their own exchanges – likening this to an unconstitutional form of federal coercion. That made him seem skeptical of the petitioners’ reading of the statute, a hopeful point for defenders of the existing subsidies in all states."

Mid-argument updates: King v. Burwell (Latest update: 11:06) : SCOTUSblog
Quote:
I disagree that it was the result of sloppy drafting/unintended consequences. Gruber, who was the WH's and Congress's consultant on the ACA, has been taped repeatedly stating that the law was written that way to coerce states to establish their own exchanges.

Absolutely correct. Any other outcome, and SCOTUS even further diminishes the integrity of their already increasingly questionable rulings.

Kennedy ought to start believing what he finds hard to believe.

It is what it is.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

The hole in the hull that sinks the Titanic, so to speak.

Has king Hussein ever came out and acknowledged that lie or anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies