Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I say again: who cares? Even if it were 100% true, it has no relevance to anything whatsoever.

You make such claims, yet avoid/evade answering simple, direct, honest questions related to them:

What a surprise.
All questions have been answered and none of the answers have received a valid response. Not from you,not from anyone else.

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-05-2015 at 12:43 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 12:39 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think a more politically correct term is "recovering homosexuals".
lol! Or the new euphemism, "suffering from same sex attraction". Trust me, I don't suffer

Old 03-05-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Oh the irony.

The appropriate response to intolerance is to be intolerant of it. You do not like being called intolerant or bigoted when your very posts her paint you clearly as both of those things. You go so far as to equate homosexuality with disease and boldly claim it is behavior not to be tolerated.

So yes; I am bigoted against your bigotry. I am intolerant of your intolerance. As any reasonable, compassionate person should be.

At least my form of intolerance wouldn't deny anyone rights, equal treatment or involve marginalization, or label a certain group of people as lesser or second class.

The fact you fail to see this is likely indicative of other discrepancies of cognition from which you suffer.
I would have considered answering your post if you had not disqualified yourself with a personal attack and a shameless lie. You probably did not have anything logical to answer to the points I made.

This attitude, along with trying to discredit the opponents views as "bigots" when the real bigots are the LGBT supporters, demonstrates an incapacity to engage in an intellectual debate. This is a strategy used when you know you cannot prove your point.

"Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions." Saul Alinsky (Rules for radicals)

Old 03-05-2015, 12:45 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Sigh...

I know there's an overlap of people who think being gay is a choice and evolution is not true (which means there's an overlap of completely morons and people who think being gay is a choice), so it's often difficult to reason with them. But since they're often conservatives, let's base this on individual freedom.

If being gay is a choice, what gives you the right to dictate it? That completely contradicts individualism, and I challenge anyone on the right to explain that it's not.

I don't expect a response because it's a question that requires thought in a debate where the right chooses not to think, but the question is out there and I look forward to someone explaining how their oppressive view on homosexuality is not contradictory to their ideas of individual freedom.

It's a good question. As someone who tends to be on the conservative side of things, especially when it comes to fiscal responsibility, WTF do I care what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, or if 2, 3, 4 or 5 consenting adults choose to do. Especially if they're not harming anyone. I mean, honestly? I'm not gay, so by naturally I would be against myself getting hitched to another dude, but if someone else wants to, so what? How is it effecting me? How is it effecting others? The whole "b-b-but God said" BS doesn't cut it for me, because I'm pretty sure God would not be too thrilled about discriminating against people, or treating them like second class citizens either! I look at it like this, it is between the parties such as the 2 gay people, or the polygamists and God! And that is it! People should worry more about their own morality and getting right with the man upstairs, than what others are doing!

Old 03-05-2015, 12:46 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I would have given considered answering your post if you had not disqualified yourself with a personal attack. You probably did not have anything logical to answer to the points I made.

This attitude, along with trying to discredit the opponents views as "bigots" when the real bigots are the LGBT supporters, demonstrates an incapacity to engage in an intellectual debate. This is a strategy used when you know you cannot prove your point.

"Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions." Saul Alinsky (Rules for radicals)
He wasn't attacking you; he was attacking your way of thinking. Don't turn yourself into a victim because you can't come up with an intelligent argument. Freedom of speech dictates that there will be people who disagree with you. You don't get to claim that's unfair when the liberties that allow you to express and idea must also apply to those who find your idea idiotic.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:48 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Considering that the vast majority of gay people don't procreate, it's a dumb idea to claim that being gay is genetic. If it was then it would have dwindled away over time, since gay people don't usually have offspring to pass their genes onto.
Of course the billions of possible genetic combinations that exist when one sperm of millions meets an egg might have something to do with some combination resulting in homosexuality but the numbers are just too big to think about I guess.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:49 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I would have considered answering your post if you had not disqualified yourself with a personal attack. You probably did not have anything logical to answer to the points I made.

Yeah, just like the segregationists and Klan members were the real subjects of bigotry after the Civil Rights Act passed lol!

It's kind of funny to see the anti-gay bigots squirming as they lose their war on gays

Old 03-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Considering that the vast majority of gay people don't procreate, it's a dumb idea to claim that being gay is genetic. If it was then it would have dwindled away over time, since gay people don't usually have offspring to pass their genes onto.
And the vast majority of sterile straight people don't procreate, I guess claiming many of the causes of sterility are genetic is a dumb idea too, eh?

Old 03-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
He wasn't attacking you; he was attacking your way of thinking. Don't turn yourself into a victim because you can't come up with an intelligent argument. Freedom of speech dictates that there will be people who disagree with you. You don't get to claim that's unfair when the liberties that allow you to express and idea must also apply to those who find your idea idiotic.
You must re read the discussion, and his post as well. I have provided the most concise and detailed arguments in this discussion.

Quote:
Most people under the age of 26 are idiots. He's no different than anyone else, and this is a fact I can confirm because I'm in that age demographic.
Indeed.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, just like the segregationists and Klan members were the real subjects of bigotry after the Civil Rights Act passed lol!

It's kind of funny to see the anti-gay bigots squirming as they lose their war on gays
If people cared as much about keeping this country out of inane, wasteful, unnecessary wars of choice as they do as what goes on in other peoples' bedrooms this country would be in a lot better shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies