Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 01:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Do you mean that you do not accept that homosexuality is innate ? Because that, I agree with.

I have previously provided a whole of arguments supporting my position. You can answer them in order.
No, I mean that you've made an assertion, and that it is up to YOU to prove that assertion.

You haven't provided arguments supporting your position.

You've provided anecdotes that support your position. In the body of anecdotes, you anecdotes are far outweighed by anecdotes that support the alternative position.

You've provided opinion. So what?

And you've provided some Biblical quotes. Again, so what?

PROVE your assertion, or admit that you cannot prove it.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He wasn't attacking you; he was attacking your way of thinking. Don't turn yourself into a victim because you can't come up with an intelligent argument. Freedom of speech dictates that there will be people who disagree with you. You don't get to claim that's unfair when the liberties that allow you to express and idea must also apply to those who find your idea idiotic.
This is very common among reactionaries, this inability to tell the difference between attacking the idea and attacking the person communicating the idea. It seems to be a reflection of the realization that their perspectives are self-ratifying, so when it is pointed out that self-ratification is invalid, they feel trapped - frustrated that they have no reasonable response and no legitimate way to defend their personal preference as if it were actually more legitimate than it is.

Quote:
I find you to be a very unpleasant person.
Rest assured that there are many who find your to be a very unpleasant person. There is nothing worse that someone who holds a self-ratifying hatred for others that they won't admit is either self-ratifying nor hatred. We don't mention it in those terms because we're so used to it, I suppose, we've come to expect it.

Quote:
I understand this issue is very sensitive to you given that you are homosexual, but being sensitive does not give you the right to lie and defame other posters.
You'd actually have to demonstrate that he lied, or defamed, instead of the reality, that he simply disagreed and demonstrated the illegitimacy of what you hold to be true.

Quote:
I have not read anything of value from you
You use this excuse a lot. You need to come to realize that the failure is internal: You fail to recognize the value in what others are saying to you because you're deliberately preventing yourself from opening your mind and acknowledging that value.

Quote:
The aim of this thread ...
Here's another indicator of the problem I just pointed out: You think that a discussion thread is something you can aim toward your own perspective. No one deserves an unrebutted soapbox for their perspective here. A discussion thread you participate in simply isn't always just about you.

There is really no way out for you: Your perspectives are hateful, and deserve to be repudiated in the strongest terms.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, not true.

Homosexuality didn't even get a label until modern psychology. For thousands of years it was not considered a mental condition.
Of course if we go back in time far enough we will find labels such as "crime against nature".

Old 03-05-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:

You haven't provided arguments supporting your position.

You've provided anecdotes that support your position.
You need to read the thread. My posts have been quoted several times.

Quote:
You have provided Biblical quotes
I have not provided biblical quotes. Read the thread.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:59 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Homosexuality has always been considered a mental condition until political correctness was forced on people.
Scientists believe they have found a 5,000 year old homosexual/transsexual caveman. And the homosexual/transsexual caveman was buried very respectfully, showing his people believed he was a respectable person, and not someone with a mental condition.

First homosexual caveman found - Telegraph

Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your perspectives are hateful, and deserve to be repudiated in the strongest terms.
My perspectives are that homosexuality is not innate, can be reversed, and should not be treated as a normal behavior. If you find that hateful, that's your right. I have the right to not tolerate all types of behaviors. Period.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Homosexuality has always been considered a mental condition until political correctness was forced on people.
Love is a mental condition too.
Political correctness is allowing all to have exactly the same rights as everyone else, no matter what their mental condition is. That's correct, according to the constitution we all live under in this nation.

You are trying to carry water in a bucket with no bottom, Sorel. Give it up. You can't put out the fire.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
I hope all of you anti-gay folk were pure as snow until you got married or are if you are unmarried.

The obsession with homosexuals and that one particular sin (which by the way, is no worse than any other sin) is something else. Is this like the 15th homosexual thread in the last 24 hours between here and the Current Events forum?

Old 03-05-2015, 02:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Of course if we go back in time far enough we will find labels such as "crime against nature".
And we'll find societies that accepted homosexuality as just sex.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:06 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
My perspectives are that homosexuality is not innate, can be reversed, and should not be treated as a normal behavior. If you find that hateful, that's your right. I have the right to not tolerate all types of behaviors. Period.
Who cares what you tolerate? Who are you?

You can be hateful, purposefully obtuse, anti-science, and bigoted all you want. In the end, science is against you, and most people find your views abhorrent.

You can disguise your vitriol as curiosity. In the end what you "tolerate" and don't only effects you...

Follow the law, and be respectful. And tolerate, or don't tolerate whatever you want. It has no effect on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies