Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree with you 100 percent IF the US didn't have a rebuilt Germany and Japan to deal with where making stuff was concerned. Now we're dealing with China so how much is it the fault of the Boomers messing things up or just that times simply changed. Not a question here, more an opinion.
The world caught up with us and there was no way to stop it. The usual "solution" presented, trade restrictions, would be economically disastrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:13 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Boomers are mostly white

Millennials are not.

The statistics separating millenials from boomers in academics are found in this fact.

You can call it racist, but it's absolutely true. To say otherwise is to deny reality

Are you saying that the problem is that not enough white Gen Xer's had babies?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm aware of that. The "Greatest Generation" raised the Boomers, who proceeded to trash this country and make it unrecognizeable. They're now raising the most helpless generation.
Why are they helpless? They live in a world where they carry a library in their pockets and can learn anything they want at 3:00 in the morning in their pajamas. They should be able to do a lot more than the boomers. They have more tools and more information at their fingertips.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The world caught up with us and there was no way to stop it. The usual "solution" presented, trade restrictions, would be economically disastrous.
Much of what has happened is simply normal. One country rises and then another rises to take its place. That is normal. China is on the rise right now. They're big enough that they can eclipse us but we'll find our way. We're just not going to be the super power anymore. That time has come and gone. It couldn't last.

I would like to know what people think the boomers could have done to have stopped this because I don't see them as causing it or being able to stop it. Empires rise and fall. They just do.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Thanks for saying the same thing but in different words. Can't rep you tho since I did in another thread.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Much of what has happened is simply normal. One country rises and then another rises to take its place. That is normal. China is on the rise right now. They're big enough that they can eclipse us but we'll find our way. We're just not going to be the super power anymore. That time has come and gone. It couldn't last.

I would like to know what people think the boomers could have done to have stopped this because I don't see them as causing it or being able to stop it. Empires rise and fall. They just do.
IMHO China's just about toast. It had its spot in the sun 5 years ago IMHO. But I DO agree with you there will be another country that WILL be number 1. Just it's possible that country doesn't exist yet, kinda like some present nations will join together as 1 place in maybe 25 years.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO China's just about toast. It had its spot in the sun 5 years ago IMHO. But I DO agree with you there will be another country that WILL be number 1. Just it's possible that country doesn't exist yet, kinda like some present nations will join together as 1 place in maybe 25 years.
I can't really say but I do think they are large enough that they could become a source to be reckoned with. I don't know that they'll become a political power but they could certainly become an economic one.

We agree that someone will take our place, or is that Japan's place? I don't think we've been as powerful as we think we are for some time now. We're in a global economy and that's just a horse of a different color.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
I'm a millenial, and this thread is hilarious. You're right, millennials aren't that savvy as the media makes us out to be. We all don't drink Starbuck lattes and own Imacs. This generation is one of if not the most diverse in US history.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I'm a millenial, and this thread is hilarious. You're right, millennials aren't that savvy as the media makes us out to be. We all don't drink Starbuck lattes and own Imacs. This generation is one of if not the most diverse in US history.
Thank you. Everyone seems to be an authority on millennials because of what they read but they really don't have a clue.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:49 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You have to wonder what boomers were thinking when they decided to hand out participation trophies...
LOL right. Some boomers are essentially only b!thcing about how they themselves raised their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies