Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 08:54 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
when did you become the spokesperson for the AA community?
I know right?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I know it's a sensitive subject so I had to make myself very clear that I'm not trying to bash gays because of their homosexuality.
Just about every subject in here is sensitive to someone

Quote:
Well that's out of my control what people think.
Exactly so no need for a preemptive disclaimer, it gives the appearence of a weak position

Old 03-16-2015, 09:03 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
This is one of the strangest threads I've seen on CD, which is saying something. It makes me wonder what the OP's motivation, beliefs and feelings are.

While the two aren't exactly analogous, as many have pointed out LGBTs have experienced many of same types of discrimination, oppression, and violence AAs have. I don't think anyone is arguing they're exactly the same, only that there are similarities.

I'd really like to know OP's point of this thread. It's just very odd to me...

Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ironically, the struggle for rights for blacks were largely paved in the early going by an awful lot of........whites.

Here's a picture of the founders of the NAACP....

https://www.google.com/search?q=NAAC...D4%3B650%3B643
The NCAAP has been an become an absolute joke for the Black community and I could make a whole thread on just that subject alone. By the way the majority of the White abolitionists didn't want Blacks to have equal opportunities to Whites. Many still saw blacks as inferior human beings. They only wanted them to have freedom from slavery. It's one of the reasons why the civil rights act didn't come until a bout 100 years after slavery had ended.

Quote:
Many people of varying genders, religions, ethnicities and so forth have fought along the way for everyone's rights.
Blacks have paved the way for pretty much every minority group.

Quote:
Also, consider that civil rights and our efforts towards them echo around the globe.

Gays might have it as bad here in the US but they face public execution in many parts of the world.

Also, nobody ever got kicked out of their own family for being black....nobody ever had to come out "black" and hope their folks didn't disown them.

I urge you to reconsider your feelings on the matter.
You also can't hide your skin color. You can hise your sexuality.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Do you restart this thread every 2 weeks after it gets deleted ?????

Old 03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
The NCAAP has been an become an absolute joke for the Black community and I could make a whole thread on just that subject alone. By the way the majority of the White abolitionists didn't want Blacks to have equal opportunities to Whites. Many still saw blacks as inferior human beings. They only wanted them to have freedom from slavery. It's one of the reasons why the civil rights act didn't come until a bout 100 years after slavery had ended.
No, it came because the Constitution wasnt clear enough and allowed certain laws to remain legal that discriminated against black people.

Quote:
You also can't hide your skin color. You can hide your sexuality.
Does it matter, the point is that being gay can get you disowned by your entire family where as that never happened to black people.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
I am by no means a homophobic person but there are some issues that need to be addressed with the Gay community. I have no problem with people who say that gay rights is civil rights but please stop comparing the Gay rights struggle with the Black American civil rights struggle because not all struggles are the same. Here's some things the Gay community needs to understand.

1. Black Americans paved the way for a lot of these minority groups(Gays, Hispanics, etc) to even have rights in this country. So please start showing some respect.

2. Stop expecting Blacks to automatically support your causes when Blacks are struggling to support their on causes. You can't a expect an oppressed group to help another minority group when we can barely help ourselves as a community.

3. Stop acting like racism doesn't exist in the homosexual community. Just because your gay doesn't mean you can't be racists or prejudice. Your sexuality preference has nothing to with your racial identity. Yeah, I know some of you don't want to here that but it's the cold hard truth.

4. It's very insulting to many African Americans when you say that homosexuals have suffered just as bad as Blacks have throughout American history. Of course we all know that is far from the truth.

I want to stress again that I don't hate homosexuals (just in case someone wants to defame my character) but this silliness when it comes to comparing the Gay rights struggle with the Black rights struggle needs to stop. It's getting old and people are growing tired of it so please cut the crap!
Why are you picking on gays. Where is this coming from. How are they not showing respect to you. And why can't you help yourselves as a community.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Do you restart this thread every 2 weeks after it gets deleted ?????
None of the threads I created on those topics got deleted.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
It is funny reading this thread and watching the responses of the liberal posters dance around comments that they would demonize a republican for saying as either racist or homophobic.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are you picking on gays. Where is this coming from. How are they not showing respect to you. And why can't you help yourselves as a community.
Pick on gays?? Look at my post history. I talk about all kinds of controversial thread topics that include Blacks, Whites, Feminism, Domestic Violence, Gays, etc. You can't pigeon-hole me so don't even try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies