Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 01:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well..honestly? Dead.

George Washington died in 1799. Abraham Lincoln in 1865. We're talking milk churning and horse and buggies.
So? Isnt this why we were told Obama chose Biden as VP, which is because Obama lacked international knowledge, so he chose people to "advise" him?

Why do you guys always discredit the accomplishments of our founding fathers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 01:12 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
So you're issue is that she's a woman? Not a man in a suit from years ago? She is standing in your second picture. Do you think you make your argument by showing her laughing at a joke? Heckuva job there Brownie.
No.......even the Demcrat women arent stepping up!! She's the ONLY ONE.

Again..... it's weird!

But I guess weird and Democrat go hand in hand.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So? Isnt this why we were told Obama chose Biden as VP, which is because Obama lacked international knowledge, so he chose people to "advise" him?

Why do you guys always discredit the accomplishments of our founding fathers?
Are you're so desperate to justify electing a high school graduate that you would compare him to 200+ year old bones? That's weird.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am hoping Jim Webb throws his hat in the ring. He is really bright and he can throw, loved him on shows like meet the press when he used to smack war mongering {R}s around on foreign policy. Hillary should watch her back because Webb will be handful in the debates and he could pick up some steam and maybe fight her all the way up to the convention.

But my predictions are usually wrong so don't bet the house. I am interested in a Webb campaign and what he has to say, but his voting record is a stinker. If Paul does not get the nod on the {R} side I might be tempted but not sure I can over look his record.
That's what I'm talking about.......give voters something choose! The Presidency should never be something any candidate should feel entitled to...........

Clinton has more than enough stink for both of them.......it'll be whose stink smells more like flowers.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB1220 View Post
We Democrats support Hillary because she is the best we have. As a couple of other posters have mentioned, she has world leadership experience AND she's a centrist. I would think the fact that she voted for the Iraq War would be enough to have Republicans embrace her; unless they now believe it was a mistake. If we can forgive Hillary for this, why can't Republicans get over Benghazi? Unless they seriously believed she INTENTIONALLY allowed Americans to die. Sure it was her fault, but when you're at THAT level of governing, there's ALWAYS the possibility Americans are going to die on your watch. I'll admit the e-mail issue of "convenience" bothers me. (Oh look, a liberal accepting responsibility!)

Other Democratic Nominee options:

Elizabeth Warren
-Too liberal to attract moderate, or slightly right votes.

Andrew Cuomo
-Too corrupt and NY for most of the nation to support.

John Kerry
-Too old and has ran before already.

Joe Biden
-Too old and has ran already.

Harry Reid?
-Pretty sure he likes his spot in the Senate. No indication he's running.

Who are the Repubs backing? Marc Rubio, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush? I'd go with Marc Rubio out of all those, Jeb Bush is indicating he's going to return to good ol' Bush policies. Of course, the right isn't really known as the progressive party. They enjoy the status quo too much.

HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT???
And all the bums you listed are re-treads like Clinton!

And she has zero executive experience....... just like the current bum

Old 03-20-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Are you're so desperate to justify electing a high school graduate that you would compare him to 200+ year old bones? That's weird.
Please cite for me what section of the Constitution deals with Presidential qualifications, and then cite for me what one would disqualify a "high school graduate"?

I must have missed that section.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Mouth breather Scott Walker with nothing more than high school? As president of the United States? What a joke. Maybe if he had finished college he would have learned holding your mouth like a guppy all the time does not convey intelligence. Neither does defunding the Wisconsin universities to the tune of $300M but obviously education is not his strong suit.
We still havent seen Obama's transcript.....it's locked up. SMH

Scott Walker has taken his state from the red to the black! Survived 3 elections by double digits! Common business sense is something Obama (who never had a job in his life) doesnt have.

Bill Gates
Mark Zuckerberg
Malcolm X
Rush Limbaugh
Glenn Beck
Abe Lincoln

List of Successful People Who Don't Have College Degrees | The Daily Caller

For crying out loud , I know college grads who still can't write a paragraph.....

Using "your" where "you're" should be!

Old 03-20-2015, 01:29 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Make no mistake, a college degree is not required in the Constitution. In fact, you could nominate someone with a third grade education. How low do you plan on going? Is 7th grade too much? You wouldn't want your candidate to be tainted by the public school system, maybe you could get someone with no education at all. It's your candidate, I really don't care how low you go.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Andrew Johnson, Harry Truman, James Monroe, William McKinley, and others became president without a degree.

How do you think people perceive George Washington and Abraham Lincoln?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Make no mistake, a college degree is not required in the Constitution. In fact, you could nominate someone with a third grade education. How low do you plan on going? Is 7th grade too much? You wouldn't want your candidate to be tainted by the public school system, maybe you could get someone with no education at all. It's your candidate, I really don't care how low you go.
I love how you argue against some phantom candidate which doesnt even exist yet, using qualifications that arent even qualifications.

Someone must be worried.

Whats wrong, dont want to hear "uneducated" people outshine the current moron?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies