Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:19 PM

939 posts, read 795,730 times

Advertisements

I always vote against the incumbent- always. Party is irrelevant. The longer they are in office, the more corrupt they become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 12:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Evil appears to have become a requirement to get on either party's ticket.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I have only lived in blue states. I tend to vote against, not for a candidate with an emphasis on third party for president. I made an exception for healthcare. No regrets.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
They are all the same ... Bankrupting the U.S.A.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Never. I haven't cast a vote for pres. since 1996, and next year looks no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
They are all the same ... Bankrupting the U.S.A.

I don't think voting changes anything, so I don't vote. It only emboldens whoever you voted for and they can act like they have the support of the citizens. I also don't want to vote for someone to take my neighbor's stuff and force my values on them, so I'm against voting for moral reasons as well.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Evil? More like obligated.

Number one job of any presidential, senate, rep or governor wannabe or up for reelection, is fund raising for himself and his party.

The Citizens United ruling allows anyone, from anywhere to donate an unlimited amount of money and do so anonymously. I am unaware of any serious initiative to amend the Constitution.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Number one job of any presidential, senate, rep or governor wannabe or up for reelection, is fund raising for himself and his party.

The Citizens United ruling allows anyone, from anywhere to donate an unlimited amount of money and do so anonymously. I am unaware of any serious initiative to amend the Constitution.
You know by now that this isn't true but for some reason the lie continues to get repeated. Citizen United had absolutely nothing to do with nor changed rules concerning campaign donations.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:46 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Certainly sounds like evil to me

Old 03-23-2015, 12:49 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Do you vote for "the lesser of two evils"?

No I stick to my guns, if a candidate doesn't add up for me them I just pass that vote by.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:58 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
People talk about throwing away your vote by voting 3rd party. Well I hate to tell you, but voting for a Republican who stands strong on social issues is throwing your vote away. That candidate simply cannot mathematically hit 270 electoral votes any longer.
Incorrect.

A 3rd party candidate has 0 chance of winning anytime in the foreseeable future. However a (R) can in fact win, regardless of social issue positions.

Remember, the POTUS really does not have the power to make changes (if he wishes to stay within our Constitutional Republics framework) to most social issues. Sure he appoints federal judges which will rule on the Constitutionality of laws passed by the legislature, but that is hardly direct control over such things. Many fiscally conservative minded libertarians drone on about social issues, but they have little to do with who gets elected.
Of course the (D's) will play it up implying (R's) are evil and have a war on women, elderly, minorities, etc.
However educated voters see beyond the rhetoric and hyperbole. So if the (R's) run a pragmatic person, preferably with executive experience, they can win in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies