Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:52 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Yes, really.

Check out the video in the link provided and note the crosses hanging on the wall.

Sweet Cakes By Melissa, Oregon Bakery That Denied Gay Couple A Wedding Cake, Closes Shop
Are you saying that anyone that hangs a cross on the wall is a gay hating bigot that would not sell a cake to a gay couple?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You are projecting. Just because that is the attitude of these homo-fascist bullies towards Christians, you somehow believe that the attitude is reciprocated. It isn't.

The owner of this business made clear that homosexuals are welcome in his store and that he is happy to serve them. Nationwide, this is the attitude of Christian merchants everywhere. In fact, the issue here is not an unwillingness to serve people based on their sexual orientation, it is the unwillingness of Christians to help commemorate a ceremony that they regard as an offense to their religious beliefs.

The vile behavior is from the homo-fascists, who have issued death threats and engaged in a conspiracy to ruin these people's business and their lives. The vile behavior is from the leftist media sorts, who inspire this same sort of hatred from people who follow them, especially on cable television. The vile behavior is from leftist business leaders, such as Apple CEO Tim Cook, who will participate in an orchestrated campaign to destroy some small town pizza shop owner, while continuing to make millions from regimes like Saudi Arabia who kill homosexuals for their sexual orientation.

You need to get your perspective right and your priorities straight. You have clearly been misled.
Quote:
The extremist far-left Christian haters at MSNBC, at it again. LOL.

Cenk Uygur, the MSNBC blowhard promoting this is lying, as is his standard practice. These fringe kook preachers believe that it would be hypothetically justified to kill homosexuals based on the old testament law, but extrapolating that out into them proposing that this actually be done right now is just not truthful.

Also, the Bible teaches that "The wages of sin is death" and "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Christian preachers everywhere routinely teach that death is the price of all sin and that we all deserve to die because of our sin. Of course the Old Testament prohibitions are more harsh than that, but they also were Jewish, not Christian, and those statutes were specifically applicable to those people during that time, and have not been enforced in thousands of years.

While I will not use the terms all or never, as there is nearly always an exception to every rule, I still am not aware of a specific case of a Christian that has proposed the killing of homosexuals here in this country, much less actually done such a thing, as is apparently done periodically in Islamic countries in the Middle East to this very day.
Your response was predictable and uninspired. And despite your protests to the contrary you did use the world ALL. And I quote:

"The owner of this business made clear that homosexuals are welcome in his store and that he is happy to serve them. Nationwide, this is the attitude of Christian merchants everywhere."

And just to head off your next argument, the following logic applies to your statement:

If indeed, as you claim this is the attitude of Christian merchants everywhere then nationwide ALL Christian merchants are happy to serve homosexuals. I guess we've figured out that whole bakery thing and now can move on to the non-merchants whose opinions may vary.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Your response was predictable and uninspired. And despite your protests to the contrary you did use the world ALL. And I quote:

"The owner of this business made clear that homosexuals are welcome in his store and that he is happy to serve them. Nationwide, this is the attitude of Christian merchants everywhere."

And just to head off your next argument, the following logic applies to your statement:

If indeed, as you claim this is the attitude of Christian merchants everywhere then nationwide ALL Christian merchants are happy to serve homosexuals. I guess we've figured out that whole bakery thing and now can move on to the non-merchants whose opinions may vary.
Now you are just being obtuse. As you know very well, I have stated repeatedly that there is an exception to every rule. The critical point here though is if there is an actual exception - A Christian who is proposing to actually kill homosexuals, or a Christian merchant who altogether refuses to serve homosexuals - you apparently cannot provide an example of that.

I will repeat, there may very well be one. But as you have shown us by your inability to cite even a single example, ANYWHERE in the United States, if such a person exists at all, this certainly is not the norm.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I was just fighting "Fire with Fire"........ D-U-H !!!!!!!!

The Christian god is not all about love as you portrayed,ever hear the words WRATH,or Hell!

No, you were fighting using religion. You quoted those scriptures in an attempt to validate your hatred of homosexuals. You made it perfectly clear you were in that camp before you did that, so to claim you're not a Christian and still use Old Testament scriptures to explain why it's OK to do so, is weak to say the least.

If you feel that way, post in your own words not in those you purport to not believe.

And you claim the Christian God is not all about love? Ever read any of the teachings of Jesus? You know, the guy who inspired Christianity? He never preached about hatred, only love.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Now you are just being obtuse. As you know very well, I have stated repeatedly that there is an exception to every rule. The critical point here though is if there is an actual exception - A Christian who is proposing to actually kill homosexuals, or a Christian merchant who altogether refuses to serve homosexuals - you apparently cannot provide an example of that.

I will repeat, there may very well be one. But as you have shown us by your inability to cite even a single example, ANYWHERE in the United States, if such a person exists at all, this certainly is not the norm.
Thank you for clarifying your point. It's OK to discriminate, but only if you don't do it "altogether". Good to know. I suggest all business who don't want to "altogether" refuse service to gay patrons (or anyone else they don't like for any reason) institute a 2 menu system. One for people who they approve of and one for those they do not. That way no one can claim to be uninformed when they are refused service and we can all go back to pretending that intolerance is really just standing up for "religious" beliefs.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Sweet Cakes By Melissa, Oregon Bakery. They were shut down so you should be happy.
The couple were customers BEFORE the wedding issue. They had even purchased a wedding cake for family there in 2010. They did not search for a "Christian" bakery to harass, unless they patronized the business for 3-4 years before springing their nefarious plot.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:10 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Are you saying that anyone that hangs a cross on the wall
Obviously they have strong religious convictions.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:15 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Yet right wingers have to find some way to rationalize the hatred they want to engage in. That's all that's actually going on here.
It is not about "hatred" at all. It's about property rights. It is about the right to not be aggressed against by the government or other people on your own property. You keep using your supposed noble ends to justify any means necessary. This is all of course for our own good...I've heard that before. Oh yeah a lot of slave owners justified it by saying it was actually better for the black man to be enslaved because they were introduced to Christianity and "civilized." Your noble ends do not justify our enslavement.

What you'll never understand is that slavery and Jim Crow flow from YOUR principles, not mine. I believe in liberty and freedom of association, you believe in a group of people (the state/slave owners) exercising inordinate amounts of control over another group of people and telling them what they can and cannot do and how to live their lives via force, intimidation, coercion, and the threat of violence. Just because we get to elect our masters does not make it any less immoral.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:18 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is nothing immoral about people in a town telling someone who wants to sell their goods there "OK, but you have to follow these rules." For that matter there is nothing unconstitutional about it either. Courts have upheld the regulation of business since independence.
"There's nothing immoral about me telling you that you have to sell me whatever I want of yours or else I will get an armed posse to coerce you into on your own property. After all I have the majority on my side in this set of arbitrary boundary lines."

Old 04-03-2015, 11:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
How are they to determine the sexual orientation of any particular customer??
And if they justify their desire to discriminate against gays based on how grossly offensive their sex acts are, then how are they supposed to judge if their straight customers engage in sex acts they would also judge as grossly offensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies