Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Idiotic libs are all outraged that gay couples might possibly be refused a wedding cake or wedding officiant services in a very small percentage of Indiana businesses, all the while self-rightously texting and posting from their Apple products, Apple being a company that has NEVER spoken out about the execution of gays in the countries in which they do business or support products.

Yes, in liberal-land, no wedding cake is worse than death. /SMH
You're upset.

I understand.

Because once again your precious GOP has stepped all over their own tallywhackers in a most amusing way.

Try to look at the humorous side. That's what I like to do. Keeps me smiling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Walmart has spoken in Arkansas.
They don't have the final word.

Asa Hutchinson is pragmatic. He's looking at Indiana. He's considering Wal-Mart's statement. And he's looking at what happened in Fayetteville (home of the University of Arkansas, and one of the state's most progressive cities) and their attempt to pass a law prohibiting LGBT discrimination. By turning it back to the legislature, he's buying time, and he will be giving the voters more opportunity to be heard and to debate the issue.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Walmart offers photo printing to all, but they are not forced to print nude pictures. Why not? Because there have always been exceptions to what businesses are forced to do.
No, because they do not offer printing of nude photos. Just like a wedding photographer is not required to take a job doing wildlife photos. A steak house is not required to sell tacos. A ice cream shop is not required to offer cherry ice cream.

The point is, if a store DOES offer a service they have to offer that service to everyone. If the store does not offer that service they do not have to offer it to anyone.

Walmart does not offer nude photograph printing to ANYONE. They do not discriminate on who they will print nudes for, because they do not offer that service.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:09 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Who cares bout Apple?
Ask Tim Cook. He injected himself and Apple into the controversy. In doing so, Cook exposed Apple's horrendous hypocrisy of publicly condemning what amounts to no more than a retail/service choice law in Indiana but quietly acquiescing to the execution of gays in the countries in which they do business or service their products.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:16 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtine View Post
No

That sounds like discrimination.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Apple? Tim Cook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ask Tim Cook. He injected himself and Apple into the controversy. In doing so, Cook exposed Apple's horrendous hypocrisy of publicly condemning what amounts to no more than a retail/service choice law in Indiana but quietly acquiescing to the execution of gays in the countries in which they do business or service their products.

Who cares about Tim Cook?

Now, Mike Pence...

There's a guy who's fun to watch as his political career slides into the toilet.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:20 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
So a gay couple is mad that the wedding crashing God fearing baker says "no cake for you" ?
Out of the closet into the kitchen
Take some baking lessons
And quit your bitching...
No, it's right-wingers who should quit their pathetic whining. "Wahh! I can't pretend my superstitious beliefs puts me above the law! Wahh!" Dry your tears and cope.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Homosexuals, if you don't like it don't go to Arkansas.
Why would anybody wanna go to "Ar kan saw" anyway? To do what? Shop at Walmart? Look at trailer parks?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Since when did liberals suddenly start worshipping corporations?
when those corporations bow to their will.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, it's right-wingers who should quit their pathetic whining. "Wahh! I can't pretend my superstitious beliefs puts me above the law! Wahh!" Dry your tears and cope.
ahh i see we have more from the tolerant left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies