Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times

Advertisements

So a gay couple is mad that the wedding crashing God fearing baker says "no cake for you" ?
Out of the closet into the kitchen
Take some baking lessons
And quit your bitching...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Do I need to get your permission or approval from you before I have oral sex with my girlfriend?
No one needs permission to sin as God gave everyone "freewill".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Being an obama look-a-like .. I 'resent' you comparing my skin pigmentation to a Sodomite!
Race and sexual deviancy are the same thing to you?
I know, this to me if the biggest assault on skin pigmentation that I have seen in my long life. Skin pigmentation was never considered a mental illness, never considered immoral and was never illegal. Every time I hear the comparison between being black and being homosexual, it shows to me the ignorance of the person making such an illogical comparison. But, ignorance is bliss!

Quote:
But the hq to the biggest company in America, Wal-Mart, is located there.
I tried to call their "ethics" hot line this morning but all circuits were overloaded and it said I would have to call back later so I did send an email explaining to them that they would be at the bottom of my shopping list for only items that I were desperate to get and that combined with all their other policies, their non-competitive prices (shop around online and you'll see, even locally now), and their assault on OUR constitution and religious freedom that I hope their attempt to use their position to influence OUR government would come back to bite them in the butt. Boycotting Wal-Mart!

Quote:
Well, it certainly puts a heavy burden on your religious freedom, even an insurmountable one, when a businessman can't determine for sure if the person he or she is dealing with is a homosexual, so the homosexual can be ordered out of the store..
If you look at the cases, the homosexuals were being served until the point that the business was asked to provide contracted services for unholy events which would make that provider in violation of their religion. This wasn't about a customer coming in for a meal or a cookie. I cannot imagine being able to photograph a gay wedding without barfing.

Quote:
What obvious birth defects? Don't you know many gays can pass as straight? Also can't straights practice sexual deviancy of their own? If so, it's just like gays, how do you identify them, so you can discriminate against them?
Keep in mind that two wrongs don't make a right. God gave everyone "freewill". The objection is knowingly being a part of a sinful undertaking of which making a agreement/contract to celebrate a sinful act would be the issue.

This is an assault on religious freedom. Just because 2 to 3% want to condemn God, the rest of us are supposed to fall in line with that or become a criminal? Ah, no.

I encourage everyone to contact Wal-Mart with your feelings and maybe make an effort to show your stand with your wallet.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:00 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you feel there should be laws against racial, ethnic or sexual preference hate speech?

Do you feel that a person should go to court for dropping a N-bomb, calling a person a cracker, saying Mexicans swam the border or making an AIDS joke aimed at gays?

I wish we'd progress past such language, but I don't want people going to court over it. Do you?
Nope, freedom of speech. We don't get to pick and choose whose free speech is protected. But equal treatment under the law requires that you have to do business with folks even if you've got a problem with who they are or what they do.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course you can point out how stupid this bill is.

But referencing ALL Arkansans as fools is bashing the state, not the bill.

I'm well aware of Wal-Mart's position. I agree with that position.
I know, I was just having a bit of fun with you.

But it does cause one to question the aggregate level of intelligence that is responsible for voting these cretins into the Arkansas state legislature to begin with.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Then if a restaurant owner thinks feeding gays everyday is supporting their lifestyle, how is he supposed to determine which one of his customers are gay? Many of them can pass as straight.

Because under the 1st Amendment, you have the Freedom to Peaceably Assemble, as well as the Freedom to Refuse to Assemble.

Basically. It's all about "validation."

A Basic Human Right is Freedom From Assembly.

Humanly...

Mircea
But you and me don't have the freedom to discriminate against Blacks. And when you open your business to the public, trying to pursue this freedom from assembly isn't a good business plan to welcome customers.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Indiana isen't targeting gays. Gays are targeting religion.
Right wing talk radio is fighting back for once big time in the LA area at least. Normally Republicans just lay down and take it. Only trouble is only a hand full hears it compared to the mainstream media.
Once again, if it's against your religious principles as a storekeeper to support the homosexual lifestyle, how do you know for sure the person you need to show the door to is a homosexual? Many of them can pass as straight.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:11 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,147 times
Default Arkansas Gov. Hutchinson will not sign the religious freedom bill

Unlike Pence, Hutchinson actually sees the issue with this bill and the potential backlash.

Arkansas Governor Asks Lawmakers For Changes To 'Religious Freedom' Bill : The Two-Way : NPR

"Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson says he has asked the state's lawmakers for changes to the "religious freedom" bill passed Tuesday."

Old 04-01-2015, 10:13 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Nope, freedom of speech. We don't get to pick and choose whose free speech is protected. But equal treatment under the law requires that you have to do business with folks even if you've got a problem with who they are or what they do.
The main issue is this, and I'm not sure why people think this is okay. I'd honestly like to hear the reasoning for why it's okay for one human being to force another, at gunpoint, to participate in a transaction they don't want to be a part of. It's not that I'm in favor of their bigotry, it's that I think it's incredibly immoral to use violence against non-violent people.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:16 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
good news

Old 04-01-2015, 10:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Unlike Pence, Hutchinson actually sees the issue with this bill and the potential backlash.

Arkansas Governor Asks Lawmakers For Changes To 'Religious Freedom' Bill : The Two-Way : NPR

"Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson says he has asked the state's lawmakers for changes to the "religious freedom" bill passed Tuesday."
Hmmmm, I'd love to think that he is actually bothered by anti-gay discrimination. But my guess is that he is more bothered by what is happening to Pence and by Walmart's opposition.

Whatever, I'm glad he is asking for the clarification. It's a win for everyone who thinks that secular law should not be overruled by specific sectarian beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies