Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How would anyone know this is your country?

How would anyone know you were not a mule for illegal aliens?

Lots of people love to blame government and then get miffed when they are occasionally inconvenienced.
They don't need to know. If I'm breaking no laws, there is no constitutional right to stop me and demand that I prove I am innocent.

You really should study your constitutional rights. Or maybe you just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
We went through the checkpoint in the RV a few years back. He asked if he could look inside. I said no. We were pulled up and the supervisor came and looked in the passenger side (the only door is on passenger side). My wife said peering inside without a warrant is in violation of the constitution. I think they decided an older white couple from the Bay in a $300,000 RV were not worth the trouble and waved us on. California - where the illegals are free to roam and the older white couples paying for it all are shaken down.
This is true. The amazing thing is that when they catch illegals they don't deport them. They just give them government benefits and turn them loose. So please tell me why they are stopping ANYBODY ANYWHERE.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Most countries require a Pass Port and a Visa upon entry of any country. Nazi's not by a long hot!
Nobody is talking about entry to the country. Try to keep up. This is not about entering a border. That's a totally different topic.

You obviously didn't follow the link.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:40 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
We have not reached "Gestapo" levels, yet. That level of brutality needs to be put in perspective. Failure to produce papers, all in order, does not warrant a 9mm from das Luger , to the head. Yet. That, after a session on the push me pull you machine under guidance of der gute dokter.

Let's remember what the Nazis really were, before making such comparisons. We don't have it that bad, yet.

die Luger oder die Pistole 08

Old 04-02-2015, 05:45 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
You can have reasonable policing. Or you can have drug/immigration laws enforced. But you can't have both.
And it s*cks to live in a state bordering on Mexico where so many illegals are sneaking into our country. Don't like it, move further north.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:15 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So people who value their fourth amendment rights are cop haters?
SCOTUS has ruled the checkpoints Constitutional.

Want to act like putz, enjoy the outcome and your travel being delayed.

Act like a reasonable person, see how fast you leave the area.

The choice is yours. As I have said, most of these people on those videos are acting like complete brain dead morons. They deserve whatever they get.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:20 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"show me your papers" is what we learned about Germany in the 1930s. Citizens were not free to move about the country. Now it's the same in the USA if you are within 200 miles of the border. Guilty until proven innocent is the border patrol mantra. Why are the citizens of the USA allowing our government to treat us as if we are guilty until we can prove we are innocent?
----------------
No drugs or would-be immigrants were hidden in the sedan that rolled up to a Border Patrol checkpoint on a Southern California highway last week, but within 90 seconds the driver was handcuffed.

His 4-year-old boy was crying. And a video camera mounted on the car's dashboard captured the moment. The motorist had said he was an American but told the agent he did not have to say where he was going, would not consent to a search of his trunk and would not move his car.

"You brought this on yourself, buddy," an agent says as he is led away.

Another traveler came through a similar checkpoint in El Paso this month, also with a video camera rolling.

He, too, challenged the agent, saying he would not answer questions. After a few seconds he was curtly told, "Get out of here."

Citizens defy Border Patrol by staying silent with video cameras - Houston Chronicle

Meanwhile, Obama wants to let millions of illegal aliens into our country. Why does Obama hate legal citizens?

You're probably blissfully unaware of your self-contradictory rhetoric.

a) our borders are wide open
b) the border patrol is going too far

Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How would anyone know this is your country?

How would anyone know you were not a mule for illegal aliens?

Lots of people love to blame government and then get miffed when they are occasionally inconvenienced.

We would not need these check points that violate our civil rights, if our stupid ass government would enforce the part on the incentive to get here and pass an amendment to the US Constitution, to end birthright citizenship and the employer sanctions, that are already law.
Seizure of all assets, of those employing the tourists

Old 04-03-2015, 08:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We would not need these check points that violate our civil rights, if our stupid ass government would enforce the part on the incentive to get here and pass an amendment to the US Constitution, to end birthright citizenship and the employer sanctions, that are already law.
Seizure of all assets, of those employing the tourists
Now that I agree with.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Now that I agree with.

The majority of USA does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies