Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:36 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The issue is border patrol abuse of power. Not what people do about it.

I applaud anyone who resists this abuse of power.
If you refuse to cooperate, you pay the penalty. Simply answer their questions, and there wont be any issues. If you act like a prick and refuse to oblige, you make yourself look suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The majority of USA does.
So will employers get protection from being sued for discrimination when they start rejecting workers they suspect of being illegal?

Old 04-03-2015, 11:20 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
SCOTUS has ruled the checkpoints Constitutional.

Want to act like putz, enjoy the outcome and your travel being delayed.

Act like a reasonable person, see how fast you leave the area.

The choice is yours. As I have said, most of these people on those videos are acting like complete brain dead morons. They deserve whatever they get.

They have only ruled narrowly on the stops. That doesn't mean the actions of the agents are always constitutional.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:22 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
what gets me is the people that complain about the border and in the next breathe complain about the border patrol. you cant have both, I not a big cop lover but if he wants to look in my RV, hell yes, you like a cup of coffee too.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
what gets me is the people that complain about the border and in the next breathe complain about the border patrol. you cant have both, I not a big cop lover but if he wants to look in my RV, hell yes, you like a cup of coffee too.

These stops are usually dozens of miles from the border. They have nothing to do with immigration. Under the law if I answer I'm a citizen they have no right to do anything but waive me through. They can't ask for a license or passport.

Meanwhile at Home Depot, dozens of illegals wait in the parking lot for work. Meanwhile in San Fran, the politicians declare sanctuary. Meanwhile at the White House, the President unilaterally decides he's not going to enforce the law.

Why have the stop?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:57 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
They have only ruled narrowly on the stops. That doesn't mean the actions of the agents are always constitutional.
And yet the checkpoints remain open.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
And yet the checkpoints remain open.
Yes. But that doesn't mean anyone who knows their rights has to be a victim. Pull over, state you are a citizen, and move on.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:52 PM

231 posts, read 595,734 times
Default Shalako

The Cop dragging the guy out of his Car committed assault. A person does not legally have to answer Officer's questions-they don't have to consent to vehicle searches. If the officer has probable cause he can legally search without consent. Of course the Officer will not be penalized in any way, but the driver likely will. For most of my life I greatly respected law enforcement-not so much any more. Things have taken an ugly turn as of late.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:17 PM

518 posts, read 872,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The first guy cracked me up "Are you an American citizen?" That's my business Lol

Old 04-03-2015, 08:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
SCOTUS has ruled the checkpoints Constitutional.

Want to act like putz, enjoy the outcome and your travel being delayed.

Act like a reasonable person, see how fast you leave the area.

The choice is yours. As I have said, most of these people on those videos are acting like complete brain dead morons. They deserve whatever they get.

It is legal to be a tourist here.... Are they looking for tourists, that just happen to be hispanic?
It is illegal to be a tourist and set up house, with a job here. Seems the border patrol does more harassing of citizens and tourist than they do those actually here breaking the law of working here as a tourist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies