Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times

Advertisements

It either has to be that unemployed people are lazy or that it's Obama's fault why there's dismal job growth. Make up your minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
still trying the gotcha routine arent you?

Old 04-05-2015, 11:53 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
I'm going with both. With the exception of recently unemployed (3 months or less)

Old 04-05-2015, 11:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Open your eyes and look at the global situation.

All first world countries are having the same problems. It's called DECLINE in your standard of living.
It's due to globalization and 1994 was the watershed year.

First world nations will continue to decline while third world/emerging nations will continue to rise and we norm somewhere in the middle.

This is your NWO "tin foil" that so many deny.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Read Charles Murray's Coming Apart?

Something I personally thought is the increasing prevalence of drug use among younger people.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Open your eyes and look at the global situation.

All first world countries are having the same problems. It's called DECLINE in your standard of living.
It's due to globalization and 1994 was the watershed year.

First world nations will continue to decline while third world/emerging nations will continue to rise and we norm somewhere in the middle.

This is your NWO "tin foil" that so many deny.
Lets pretend your conclusion was right for a second.

You would still be arguing that you predicted an event based on information that had nothing to do with that even. Like saying a volcano is going to erupt because the leaves in your tea formed a symbol.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

You would still be arguing that you predicted an event based on information that had nothing to do with that even. Like saying a volcano is going to erupt because the leaves in your tea formed a symbol.
bad analogy my friend. once globalization started in earnest, it was obvious that americans were going to have to reduce their standard of living in order to compete with the rest of the world. granted the desired goal was to increase the standard of living for everyone outside the US and europe, but you would have to be really naive to think that it wouldnt harm the US standard of living in the long run.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I didn't "predict" anything. Others did back in the 90's and were bashed..Ross Perot comes to mind.

Go read some articles from the early 90's regarding globalization and the impact on the US economy.

Here ya go..read Krugman's opinion of globalization from 1994 and then tell me how right or how wrong he turned out to be.

https://hbr.org/1994/07/does-third-w...rld-prosperity

You had all those anti-globalization protests in the 90's.

Go read any of Ross Perot's articles on globalization.

I was on the side of Ross Perot. I didn't think that globalization was going to make the US richer or more prosperous like Krugman did.

And today I'm on the side of the anti-amnesty/anti-open border folks.
I don't think giving amnesty to 10-20 million poor illegals or letting the world's poor come and live in the US is going to make us prosperous and rich.

Note: FWIW Krugman changed his mind in 2007 regarding globalization and future US prosperity (as if he had a choice).

Old 04-05-2015, 12:30 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It either has to be that unemployed people are lazy or that it's Obama's fault why there's dismal job growth. Make up your minds.
I don't see a lot of conservatives blaming the unemployed for their plight.

Obama's policies have definitely had a chilling effect on hiring.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Part is the special interest money wasted in his stimulus and part is people for decades not listening to the warnings that they face competition and that so called middle income jobs are not a right by being born here. $ million jobs unfilled because of skills need and the education results show the problem. The stimulus should have been able to improve infrastructure need to created a better environment for growth. 800 billion isn't chump change. I don't think you'll ever see congress give full control over funding to any administration like they did his stimulus. because of results seen easily to where it was supposed to be used and where it ended up;in special interest hands within his followers at top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies