Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I will fess up and say that I am a bigot; I don't like a lot of types of people to begin with. Why is society so offended that I despise someone for who they are or who they identify as? I hate religion and religious people overall, for example. Why does society have a problem with that? If I say that religious people are mentally ill and perverted why do so many people think that this is evil? I don't hold respect for a lot of groups of people at all and i'm brave to admit that i'm a bit of a racist as well. If someone wants to follow xtianity/islam/judaism/buddism then fine, but don't push your sick religion onto me or anyoNE else, and keep you and your piggish kind away from me. How come society thinks i'm bad for simply not liking a certain kind of person especially given that some stereotypes are true?
If you're a bigot and so proud of it, why are you looking for affirmation on a website?

Be a bigot if that's your thing. No one really cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 04:23 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You just sound anti-social or maybe very young. Meh, just keep your opinions to yourself. You'll be okay!
Sounds like that person in chapel hill who shot three Muslims over a parking spot.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you're a bigot and so proud of it, why are you looking for affirmation on a website?

Be a bigot if that's your thing. No one really cares.
As long as he is a nobody. But a politician,CEO,cop, teacher ect ect? Well it's job killing time baby!

Old 04-10-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
There is nothing wrong with it. EVERYBODY has predjudices, I believe in being open about them. I guess I'm a bigot too.

I also look at the racial dot map and won't move to a neighborhood that is less than 85% white and Asian and have and will move if my neighborhood gets over 20% black or non Cuban hispanic. Conversely, I won't send my kid to a school where whites are less than 70% and the biggest minority is anything other than East Asian.

Welcome to the bigot club!

Old 04-10-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
As long as he is a nobody. But a politician,CEO,cop, teacher ect ect? Well it's job killing time baby!
Doesn't matter. You can't change people. If someone wants to be a bigot, they'll be one. Their occupation will hopefully be something that doesn't allow them much influence over the lives of people they dislike, but many will fall through the cracks.

My experiences show that they eventually get exposed anyway because they can't help but to step over the line with the wrong person at some point.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 AM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
Quote:
I will fess up and say that I am a bigot; I don't like a lot of types of people to begin with. Why is society so offended that I despise someone for who they are or who they identify as? I hate religion and religious people overall, for example. Why does society have a problem with that? If I say that religious people are mentally ill and perverted why do so many people think that this is evil? I don't hold respect for a lot of groups of people at all and i'm brave to admit that i'm a bit of a racist as well. If someone wants to follow xtianity/islam/judaism/buddism then fine, but don't push your sick religion onto me or anyoNE else, and keep you and your piggish kind away from me. How come society thinks i'm bad for simply not liking a certain kind of person especially given that some stereotypes are true?
I see you're taking the cowards way out. You have MANY comrades on the bigoted Communist Left. Most leftists despise Christianity and will throw in the other religions when pressed, but the truth is, it's only Christianity they HATE.

Now quit being a coward and tell us which of the LEFT'S PROTECTED CLASS you HATE.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I see you're taking the cowards way out. You have MANY comrades on the bigoted Communist Left. Most leftists despise Christianity and will throw in the other religions when pressed, but the truth is, it's only Christianity they HATE.

Now quit being a coward and tell us which of the LEFT'S PROTECTED CLASS you HATE.
I won't be a coward. I despise Christianity too. Big time.

How's that for cowardice.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:15 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I won't be a coward. I despise Christianity too. Big time.

How's that for cowardice.
It's not cowardice, but it IS bigotry.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:22 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
So, I guess you are ok with people being bigoted towards you, based on your sexual orientation? Denying you a job, housing, ability to engage in a relationship, etc.?

Bigotry is often a two way street. If you are being 'brave' for being bigoted, then I guess other people are being 'brave' for being bigoted towards you.

For those interested, here is the OP's very first posting here on CD:

//www.city-data.com/forum/illin...l#post22319297

Old 04-10-2015, 05:45 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Bigotry is defined as hatred to a point of irrationality. I view irrationality as bad, so I view bigotry as bad. But I think people forget the irrationality part when using the word bigot.

So, if your disdain for religion irrational?

Examples of that rational hatred would be hatred directed at groups like ISIS or the Nazis. Irrational hatred would follow a logic of 'well ISIS did this, so he must be bad because he is Muslim.' Basically, if you see a religious person act out what you think is harmful about religion and you start to dislike them, that's not necessarily bigotry. If you see someone wearing a cross necklace and start to judge them without any indication of the kind of person they are, that's bigotry.

It also depends on what specific things you dislike about religion. Disliking evangelism is understandable, but let's say you feel in intense hatred for those who pray... I'm not so sure that's coming from a place of reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies