Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Democrats only.

People see Democrats as Obamabots who will support Obama and Democrats no matter how bad the policy yet you accuse Republicans of being hyper partisan but not you. People deny it but never say what they disagree with. Name something you dislike or disagree with the Democratic party about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
I can't think of any Democratic party policies that I disagree with,

Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
I wonder why you think that all democrats think as one. We don't.

The three biggest things I personally don't like about the current administration is

1) their kowtowing to the same set of soulless one-percenters that the bush administration kowtowed to

2) employing the same patriot act tactics that the bush administration employed

3) the ACA cedes too much power to BigMedecine (including insurance companies), we should have gone for medicare-for-all, which does have a fairly decent track record of standing up to them

These things are very important to me and it has been painful watching not much change in these arenas. Nevertheless, I don't kid myself that I'd like Rs better.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:41 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Not all Dems are Obamabots, thankfully. Some have decided it's better to think for themselves instead of being a mindless O-cult member, defending the indefensible and blaming everyone else for this administration's idiocy and failures.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
I think both major parties pretty much suck and present us with nothing but party hacks so deeply indebted to their respective party's operatives they havet little original thought as candidates with the result usually being a vote for the perceived lesser evil than for anything positive.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
The only ones who see Democrats as Obamabots are hyper-partisan Republicans who believe Republicans can do no wrong and Democrats can do no right. There are a bunch of thing that I dislike about Obama and Democrats but right it is much less than what I dislike about Republicans.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The only ones who see Democrats as Obamabots are hyper-partisan Republicans who believe Republicans can do no wrong and Democrats can do no right. There are a bunch of thing that I dislike about Obama and Democrats but right it is much less than what I dislike about Republicans.
Obamabot is a term used to describe people who think everything Obama does is the right thing to do, every policy is good, never able to see any wrong. No one is as perfect as these people seem to think he is.

If this is not true then tell us something Obama has done or is doing, a policy that you don't agree with.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 PM

You may be an Obamabot if you can't think of anything Obama has done or is doing that you don't agree with.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats only.

People see Democrats as Obamabots who will support Obama and Democrats no matter how bad the policy yet you accuse Republicans of being hyper partisan but not you. People deny it but never say what they disagree with. Name something you dislike or disagree with the Democratic party about.
Lets get some things straight.

If you pay party dues, or call yourself a member of a party, then you have already stated that you agree with at least a majority of the party platform. There is nothing wrong with that whether you are a Democrat or Republican.

The problem, specifically on this forum, is when you have "independents", who claim to not be part of a party and yet toe the party line.

As for hyper partisanship, there are plenty of Democrats who are just as hyper partisan as Republican. Again, that isnt a problem. Its when you are so blinded by party loyalty that you cant even admit when your party has been wrong on an issue, or when you down right just attack someone simply because they have the opposing letter beside their name.

So in short, your thread is based on a false Premise. If you were Attempting to create a Democratic alternative to "Republicans Only", then all you needed to do was post the same thing Replacing the word Republican with Democratic, not add in all the Obamabot stuff.

now I will answer the question, you put at the end of those 2 paragraphs.

My party does not articulate our view on abortion clearly enough. We as Democrats believe it should be legal, but a last resort. We should spend more time talking about adoption and prevention.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:30 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
But will the Obamabots also be Hillarybots?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies