Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:28 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The thread was meant as bitter sarcasm. Our President has given away our values and our superiority as a country. For a mess of pottage, in this case, to pal around with Raul Castro and Iranian Ayatollahs.
The only person that can give away my values is me. Are you so weak-minded that your values are tied to other peoples' opinions? As far as superiority goes, I have no complex. Do you? You have a very broad definition of "pal around." According to you, I pal around with the salesmen from whom I buy my vehicles.

Someone mentioned that you're angry and are looking for a scapegoat. I agree with that assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Our President has given away our values
Well that was generous of him. By the way who did he give them away to?

As for the matter of "giving away our superiority" that too was a wonderful thing for him to do but again, I would like to know who exactly was the recipient because as I look around the room I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate and putting it to use.

(By the way, if paling around with Raul Castro is a hand shake over a cup of coffee or a Skye conversation with Ayatollah's your idea of paling around is pretty pathetic.)

Old 04-13-2015, 09:54 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
And the world gave him the Nobel Peace Prize for it.
The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 to President Barack Obama - Press Release
He obtained the Nobel weeks into his presidency based upon his stated intentions. The world gave him a prize for what he said he was going to do, not what he had ever done. Not surprising he had then had no accomplishments and still really doesn't.

Quote:
Iraq (was) a non-terrorist country until the GW Bush White House said 935 false statements to invade Iraq. GW Bush killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people and the anger over those deaths allowed ISIS to take over Iraq. And Obama leaving US soldiers in Iraq to kill more Iraq's would only give ISIS more followers.

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com
I believe fundamentally in taking leaders at their word. Saddam said he had weapons of mass destruction and would use them. He did aim SCUD missiles at Tel Aviv. Should we rightfully assumed he was kidding?
Quote:
The Keystone pipeline will only create 35 permanent jobs. And in the process it will destroy jobs loading, holding, and trucking oil. It will also destroy untouched nature, pollute rivers and streams, and increase tar sands mining which is the most polluting form of oil production there is.
Keystone XL pipeline will create 35 permanent jobs, State Department says - CSMonitor.com[

The Keystone pipeline will also most likely increase gas prices in America. The republicans want the pipeline as a favor to their oil company campaign contributors (if they get the pipeline they can fire all the truckers and oil storage workers, and then ship all the oil to Asia.)
Bernie Sanders Shatters The Big Keystone XL Lie: Pipeline Will Cause US Gas Prices To Go Up
Big Oil's Influence in Washington . NOW | PBS
It would make the U.S./Canada combination a true world energy power house, and return the Middle East to the Middle Ages.

Quote:
Israel receives more American foreign aid than any other country (when Israel has lower unemployment rates and better trade income than America.)
The Staggering Cost of Israel to Americans

And the Israeli lobby in Washington is so powerful that Israelis write many of America's laws.
Introduction to the Israel Lobby

The republicans have their noses up Israel's as- because Israel gives them so much campaign money, and its nice to see Obama not sticking his nose up Israel's as- as well.
Israel is a major strategic asset. If that part of the world either has to be pacified or a true humanitarian disaster averted, Israel is a giant forward base. Think Normandy without a high-casualty amphibious invasion.

I suspect from the vitriolic nature of your language that what you really don't like is a Jewish state, or possibly Jews. It seems that so much hate is directed to Israel, a very small country and one that is a democracy. Egypt gets as much aid. It is a corrupt kleptocracy. Israel shares our values and is like us. Complaints about the "Israeli lobby" sound like complaints from the 1930's that "Jews control everything."

I bet Obama shares many of your views.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-13-2015 at 10:17 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 02:31 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

You also claim: "Iraq (was) a non-terrorist country." Iraq was sponsoring terrorism pre-invasion per the CIA and Bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee. John Kerry said that there was no terrorism in Iraq before the invasion, when pushed on the intelligence reports his campaign issued a statement clarifying his position back to Bush's position.

You can disagree with the Iraq War while sticking to the facts and if you can't then you are actually saying the war was worthwhile.
GW Bush himself now says Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11.
Bush Says Saddam Hussein Was Not Connected to 9/11

And all Muslim countries will have some small connection to Al Qaeda. Pakistan has long been Al Qaeda's headquarters, do you want to police or attack Pakistan?
Answer: You could care less about Pakistan.

al-Qaeda (a.k.a. al-Qaida, al-Qa'ida) - Council on Foreign Relations

Bottom line is we attacked Iraq for nothing and killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, but you only want to spin those facts to protect republicans.

Last edited by chad3; 04-15-2015 at 03:15 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Israel is a major strategic asset. If that part of the world either has to be pacified or a true humanitarian disaster averted, Israel is a giant forward base. Think Normandy without a high-casualty amphibious invasion.

I suspect from the vitriolic nature of your language that what you really don't like is a Jewish state, or possibly Jews. It seems that so much hate is directed to Israel, a very small country and one that is a democracy. Egypt gets as much aid. It is a corrupt kleptocracy. Israel shares our values and is like us. Complaints about the "Israeli lobby" sound like complaints from the 1930's that "Jews control everything."

I bet Obama shares many of your views.
Israel is a major source of republican politicians campaign funds. And if Fox news, Rush radio, and republican politicians never spoke of Israel, then America's republicans would not be obsessed with Israel.

And some of my best friends are Jewish people, and I have good friends that keep Kosher. But they are American Jewish people (not Israelis.) And you republicans care more about giving money to Israel than American Jewish people do.

I have relatives in Sicily that could use some aid, do you see me begging the government to send them aid? No you don't, and its the same with American Jewish people and Israel. But since Israel gives republicans campaign money the republicans are obsessed with Israel.

You don't see me or my Jewish friends begging the government to send our relatives in foreign countries aid (because we are Americans, not Europeans and Israelis.)

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 04-15-2015 at 03:31 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:36 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Maybe he'll trade some Guantanamo terrorists for Chesimard.
Don't forget the Rose Garden press party and a lifetime achievement award at the end of the ceremony covered by his lapdog media.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Israel is a major source of republican politicians campaign funds. And if Fox news, Rush radio, and republican politicians never spoke of Israel, then America's republicans would not be obsessed with Israel.
Israeli lobby is not the Israeli government. Lobbying 101

Lobby is protected under the Federalist Papers, as an extension to the checks & balances system. It is highly unlikely that Israel wants to be entangled in U.S bipartisan politics. If anything, the Republicans use Israel for their political goals.

Quote:
And some of my best friends are Jewish people, and I have good friends that keep Kosher. But they are American Jewish people (not Israelis.) And you republicans care more about giving money to Israel than American Jewish people do.
Who cares.

Quote:
I have relatives in Sicily that could use some aid, do you see me begging the government to send them aid? No you don't, and its the same with American Jewish people and Israel. But since Israel gives republicans campaign money the republicans are obsessed with Israel.

You don't see me or my Jewish friends begging the government to send our relatives in foreign countries aid (because we are Americans, not Europeans and Israelis.)

Chad.

It was the United States during the 1970's that offered Israel aid because of a peace agreement they endorsed.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I see that the OP is quite proud of his essay:

Sleepwalking Through Hell

Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I wrote it. Original material. Your point being? Or do you have a point?

Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Israeli lobby is not the Israeli government. Lobbying 101
The Israel Lobby is made up of many separate organizations. And all of those organizations give our politicians huge amounts of campaign money, and those organizations lobby the US government to give aid to Israel.

The Israel Lobby is so powerful that representatives of Israel write American laws.

But whats the point of talking. Republicans will love or hate whatever their leaders at Fox news and Rush radio tell them too. And the leaders have said to love the Israel Lobby.

Chad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies