Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:19 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More money is given to Democrats than Republicans. Media bias plays a bigger role than donations do today. Who would be president if most media didn't write 3x as many positive and 1/3 as many negative, "news" articles for Democrats than Republicans? GOP by a landslide.
Oh yeah, with a balanced media not in the tank hard for the Dems? The GOP would run circles around the Democrats, assuming both platforms remained the same. The Dems get like 90% of their platform legitimacy from the media backing them on everything, and the GOP fights against it even when they are promoting something exactly the same as the Democrats.

As it stands, pop culture favors Democrats because the media says so. As long as that is so, the GOP is always ice skating uphill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 11:57 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
... if there was no money put into the election

Joe Biden
It would be like old times... Who's next...?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
i've seen mixed research on influence of dollar amounts on items like election. Sure it buys you access to influence laws. . but not win elections.

Normally the people who are GOING to win get the most money. No one wants to back a loser.

I doubt that the Koch can save republicans at this point. . .at least from what i've read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Who would the next President be if there was no money put into the election? Give us your predictions please.

This is the kind of money now put into the elections...

Who are the Koch brothers?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I doubt that the Koch can save republicans at this point. . .at least from what i've read.
Like others have said, when you are battling the media and union money, it's a tough uphill road.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The same, money really does not affect people who win. It's a cry of the left that has little validity. You either are electable or you aren't.
Do you really believe that?

I don't even think it's a left/right issue. I think it's one issue that most people are unified on, that money OWNS our politicians. (Now there is all kinds of disagreement about which side is worse.)

I really can't even comprehend someone who has an active brain saying that money does not effect our politicians. I think I'll stop posting for the day on that note.... bhahahahahaahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies