Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I lived in rural Pennsylvania off and on for the last 5 years. Everyone up there says " We have Philly on one side of the state and Pittsburg on the other, and the middle is West Virginia." Rural PA is pretty red.
That is correct. I moved to Philly 5 years ago and decided to have road trip to Harrisburg.
Yeah pretty scary. And this is coming from a guy who went to college in Atlanta and seldom road-tripping to neighboring states.
That's what they said, in between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, there is Pennsyltucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,304,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Can't rep this post enough,
If one is born absolutely straight or absolutely gay, how do you reconcile the national sex survey that says almost 40% of men have a same sex experience to orgasm at some point in their youth but only 3-5% identify as gay or bi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This is horrible, and any student participating in this should get suspended for a long time. Bullying, harassment, and physical violence are never okay, even if some of the LGBT rights activities go over the top at times.
Where did you see any bullying, harassment or physical violence in the article?

The only harassment possible could be the putting sticky notes on lockers, but I think that also depends on what the notes said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!
Quoting Broadway musicals is a sure fire way to cement your gay gene bona fides.....

Old 04-22-2015, 11:29 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Or they just have a high sex drive and are willing to go for either sex. It's not always about Love
"Gay" "Bi" "straight". The context of these terms is ALL about sex. Just sex. A law of attraction thing. At least at young age. Love comes later. This is where I get confused about this whole being gay, bi, whatever , is not a choice thing. If someone is "gay", it is then impossible for them to fall in "love" with anyone not the same gender as them? If that's the case, sex would seem to be the biggest motivating factor.

To be fair, when I was much younger, sexual attraction to a woman was high on my list, sex, by itself, is not my single biggest concern. Love and sex are not the same thing. They call these terms, such as gay, lesbian straight, "sexual identity"...yes? As I said...it confuses me. I could say a whole bunch more about this, but it would just be misunderstood and get someone's hackles up. Not feeling very provocative at the moment. So, I will leave my stance on this, limited to confusion. Other than, as I said earlier, love and sex are not the same things. At all.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
That is correct. I moved to Philly 5 years ago and decided to have road trip to Harrisburg.
Yeah pretty scary. And this is coming from a guy who went to college in Atlanta and seldom road-tripping to neighboring states.
That's what they said, in between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, there is Pennsyltucky.
Either you're exaggerating, or you've just been a bit too sheltered in your life. If Harrisburg was even half as "scary" as you say, then the 2010 Census wouldn't have counted 56,209 blacks (a 17.6% increase over 2000), 15,816 Asians (an 84.5% increase), 12,992 people of multiple races (an 86.6% increase), or 25,831 Hispanics (a 90.1% increase) in a metropolitan area of 549,475 people overall. And those numbers have likely increased in the five years since. (Annual estimates are unreliable for qualitative analysis, which is why I'm not analyzing anything beyond 2010.) If Pennsylvania was even half as "racist" or "redneck" or "backwards" or "scary" outside of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia as everybody pretends it is, the non-white and non-English-speaking populations wouldn't be growing nearly as fast as they are in many of the smaller metropolitan areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies