Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The interesting aspect of Republican obstructionism, one has to wonder why they obstruct. Just looking at Bush's two-terms in office, Republicans clearly demonstrated that they have no answers to the problems with plague this nation, problems, they either created or made worse. It stands to reason that almost anyone else has better ideas than Republicans, yet they obstruct, apparently because it's the only way they can appear relevant, as the country moves away from them.

This is how history will view the obstruction. This obstruction of the US President is unprecedented and exposes a serious flaw in our Constitution and its definition of our government. There is no way that a political party as backwards as the GOP should have this much influence. The significance of President Obama's presidency is that it signals the beginning of the END of the GOP.
FAIL//

Clinton faced so much obstructionism that he had to turn around and do a 180 in order to reopen up government.

15 years later, no one even remembers Congress..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:18 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,980,271 times
Unfortunately racism will exist as long as different ethnic groups have different interests and disagree on ethical points. Only way to destroy racism would be to blend all the races together and have a singular global culture of brown people, and I'm sure a different prejudice would just replace it. Maybe we'd just end up persecuting ugly or short people or something instead.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:28 PM

5,823 posts, read 3,249,493 times
Default Is it racism or money

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Or will this opposition to President Obama be rationalized as something else in 2066?
To Republicans a black man with a billion dollars is whiter than you or I. Follow the money. That's what it's about. Obama is not in their club. He came from nothing just like most of us. He doesn't think like them and that's what irks them. Some of them are racist and that blocks them from rational thinking, but it's mostly about the money.

I could talk about globalization and the downward slide that Americans have to deal with, but until you get touched by it it's talking to a man in a sound proof room from the outside.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM

50 posts, read 58,884 times
The democratic party is the most divisive racist party. Not quite as bad as the Nazi party but close. instead of maligning Jews the democratic party maligns white males

They divide black from white, man from women, rich from poor.

They pretend to be friends of African Americans but have done everything in their power to ensure that African Americans stay in a perpetual state of poverty and anger.

Instead of extolling the virtues of hardwork and discussing the opportunities that are available to AA thanks to the great work of true activists like MLK and the civil rights movement they incite rage and anger

Police brutality is never acceptable but telling a generation of AA youth that the system is stacked against them and there is a white racist cop behind every corner waiting to gun them down is a sure fire way to discourage a youngster from trying.

So sad to see those children in Baltimore manipulated into rioting and destroying their own neighborhood but this falls directly into the democratic victory plans. They must be laughing with their paid for activists.

Meanwhile they legalize immigrants that will surely take jobs disproportionately from African Americans. Its all part of the Democratic plan to keep African Americans down

Fact, without a 90% AA vote, a democrat would't have a chance of winning a presidential election. They count on a big inner city turnout and the best way to ensure this turnout is to keep the AA population poor, dependent on social programs and angry.

BTW, No candidate in the history of politics has gotten more support and money from Wall Street then Hillary Clinton. And george soros, barbabra Streissand steven speilberg and all the other billionaire or near billionaire elite dems fly around in their private jets while talking about environmentalism.

There's no one more FOS then a democrat. The democrats just want to destroy working class Americans and eliminate guns. Then the democrat elites in Hollywood and Wallstreet can go to their private boutique hospitals while the rest of America waits on line at some 3rd rate facility.

I love the democratic darling Elizabeth Warren. Made money corporate lawyering, the most evil profession on the planet suing costing people and businesses money. How many companies move over seas because the cost of insurance and everything else is through the roof thanks to millionaire lawyers. It's like another tax but instead of going to the gov't it goes the Elizabeth Warren and other millionaire attorneys like her.

I love how Elizabeth Warren. talks about the evil rich while she's worth tens of millions and sits her swank ass in a 5 millionaire dollar mansion.

Like Matt Stone said. I hate republicans but I really fvcking hate the democrats.

Quote:
This is a serious question. In 50 years, when thinking Americans, political scientists and historians look back on the two terms of President Barack Obama, will they conclude that racism was the primary motivating factor in the continued obstructionism of a Republican House and Senate?

I understand that the GOP wants this President (and by extension, much of America) to fail, I get that. I also understand that the GOP represents the richest 1% of America, as well as corporations and their shareholders, both of which contain the wealthiest white Americans.

I am not asking about those who vote Republican, whether or not they are racist is immaterial, I am talking about the Republican membership of the 111th, 112th, 113th and 114th United States Congress.

Considering they have put forth little reason to be overwhelmingly obstructionist during the Presidency of the United States first African-American President, someone who has bent over backwards to appease Republicans, will history view the overwhelmingly white, older, male membership of the GOP as racist? Will President Obama breaking the color barrier, and the irrational level of opposition faced in doing so, be attributed to a Jim Crow level of disdain for this nations first black President?

Or will this opposition to President Obama be rationalized as something else in 2066?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:58 PM

63,111 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Unfortunately racism will exist as long as different ethnic groups have different interests and disagree on ethical points. Only way to destroy racism would be to blend all the races together and have a singular global culture of brown people, and I'm sure a different prejudice would just replace it. Maybe we'd just end up persecuting ugly or short people or something instead.
A singular global culture of "brown" people? No bias there, right?

Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 PM

63,111 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please...everyone has refuted your tripe

here is one of mine

your response...IT HAS to be about race.....

let me guess you see racists in the closet and under the bed....to you everything is about race....is that you??? yes I am calling you out

to me, I judge a man/woman by their ACTIONS...I could care less what their color, religion, race, ethnic background, or gender is
She'll never get it though as she is consumed by hatred and racism herself.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:59 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,899,324 times
Default Surely must mean Democrates and President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The interesting aspect of Republican obstructionism, one has to wonder why they obstruct. Just looking at Bush's two-terms in office, Republicans clearly demonstrated that they have no answers to the problems with plague this nation, problems, they either created or made worse. It stands to reason that almost anyone else has better ideas than Republicans, yet they obstruct, apparently because it's the only way they can appear relevant, as the country moves away from them.

This is how history will view the obstruction. This obstruction of the US President is unprecedented and exposes a serious flaw in our Constitution and its definition of our government. There is no way that a political party as backwards as the GOP should have this much influence. The significance of President Obama's presidency is that it signals the beginning of the END of the GOP.
I do not know what you are smoking, but GW the most record breaking economies on record with lower taxes, Lower unemployment rates and a record breaking GNP. Even with a Democratic control Senate and House.

Obama by contrast has a 05% grow the rate after 7 years of Obama. He has not yet saved the inner cities from them selves. (Baltimore and Ferguson). Unemployment is a joke and with the Obama Policies he has turn us into a retail society and has no interest in growing industry.

Obama and the Democrats force thru changing the rules to pass Obama Care. The DNC has thru the power of Gov went after Conservative Groups.

I am Glad that Republicans and Conservatives and final the Tea Party of common men and women. Comprised of all races and religions and even non religious folks. Spoke against a over bearing Gov. It has been the right of dissent that has maintained balance.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:02 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,177 times
Quote:
This is a serious question. In 50 years, when thinking Americans, political scientists and historians look back on the two terms of President Barack Obama, will they conclude that racism was the primary motivating factor in the continued obstructionism of a Republican House and Senate?

I understand that the GOP wants this President (and by extension, much of America) to fail, I get that. I also understand that the GOP represents the richest 1% of America, as well as corporations and their shareholders, both of which contain the wealthiest white Americans.

I am not asking about those who vote Republican, whether or not they are racist is immaterial, I am talking about the Republican membership of the 111th, 112th, 113th and 114th United States Congress.

Considering they have put forth little reason to be overwhelmingly obstructionist during the Presidency of the United States first African-American President, someone who has bent over backwards to appease Republicans, will history view the overwhelmingly white, older, male membership of the GOP as racist? Will President Obama breaking the color barrier, and the irrational level of opposition faced in doing so, be attributed to a Jim Crow level of disdain for this nations first black President?

terrible intro to this thread danny boy. The opposition to Obama has NOTHING to do with race. Repubs hate Harry Reid's policies as much as Obamas. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Allen West are all black republicans. Do you think they are racist?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A singular global culture of "brown" people? No bias there, right?
https://www.facebook.com/prageru/vid...4/?pnref=story

Old 04-30-2015, 08:39 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,817,428 times
Will America Look Back on Republican Obstructionism as the Last Vestiges of Racism?

I think Baltimore has answered any question about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies