Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In Poland, baseball bats are recognized as lethal weapons, and you need to get a permit to own one. In Kenya, they are standard equipment for security guards, who ordinarily are unarmed. Baseball bats don't kill people---people kill people.
I wonder if a lot of people in Poland get their bats through the bat show loophole....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:14 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,735,051 times
you're funny...

Old 01-18-2008, 03:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Question mistakes happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
The other difference is the kid hit the person who was in his house and in his room and he felt threatened and took the necessary action. The old man shot two people, who had robbed someone elses house, in the back and killed them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Very key... what a commendable neighbor! I would certainly live in this neighborhood!
Unless it was my house and I had sent two friends over to pickup some items for me. It’s nice to have neighbors to watch over your property but if one kills a couple of people and it turns out to be a mistake as to why and what was happening (it may not have been a burglary) then two people are killed for a mistake ~ and the police had just arrived to the area. They (police) could also have been killed by this good neighbor and a shotgun in error.

I do have to say that the boy with the bat has got some guts attacking the man “inside” his own house. He did a good job of trying to let the police control the situation while on the 911 call. Things happen fast at times like this and he held his c o o l….

Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Interesting comparison of two home burglaries, a young 14 year old in Arizona and the 60-something old man in Texas. One with a ball bat and one with a shotgun, both on a phone call with 911 center. The 14 year old talking with the emergency center operator and having the police in the neighborhood to catch the burglar and only needing to take a swing with the ball bat and hit a homerun when the burglar entered the room and the kid couldn’t exit the window as instructed by the 911 center. The old man in Texas “refuses” to listen to the emergency operator and goes outside to kill two men while the police are just entered into the neighborhood. The young 14 year old had good judgment!
Well, of the three bad guys, which one gets to rob again?

Hint: Not the two ventilated ones.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:06 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Very key... what a commendable neighbor! I would certainly live in this neighborhood!
Every town always seems to have that one kooky neighbor that many seem to avoid. Could you imagine knowing that kooky neighbor is armed and willing to shoot people who they think is committing a crime? I wouldnt be comfortable with with my kids in that neighborhood. He’s nothing like the kid in the story.

You really have to hand it to the kid. He seemed to remain calm and cool and grabbed something to defend himself, he contacted authorities for assistance, and he hid someplace so the burglar couldn’t see him. The kid didn’t have some steven segal superhero complex, he knew to find a safe place and wait for authorities and only come out swinging when threatened.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Every town always seems to have that one kooky neighbor that many seem to avoid. Could you imagine knowing that kooky neighbor is armed and willing to shoot people who they think is committing a crime? I wouldnt be comfortable with with my kids in that neighborhood. He’s nothing like the kid in the story.

You really have to hand it to the kid. He seemed to remain calm and cool and grabbed something to defend himself, he contacted authorities for assistance, and he hid someplace so the burglar couldn’t see him. The kid didn’t have some steven segal superhero complex, he knew to find a safe place and wait for authorities and only come out swinging when threatened.

That kid is lucky. Some criminals actually have the audacity of raping and killing people during the commission of their home invasions.

Odds are this wasn't the criminal's first home invasion and it certainly won't be his last.

There's not exactly a shortage of dead crime victims today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies