Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 PM

17,447 posts, read 9,283,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Doesn't matter. Cops aren't supposed to be murdering men that are not a threat to them.
"Doesn't matter." .... it's the fault of CVS Pharmacy, the Mall, the Liquor Stores.
It's why they Loot and Burn them down. Do you have any clue at all how idiotic it sounds to "blame" the Police Department and THEN start rampaging and Destroying Businesses?

Old 04-27-2015, 06:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
I can almost guarantee you a fee cops will be indicted for that.

So even when justice is being carried out, these people arent satisfied.
They might be but only because people are saying "enough". They got away with it in NYC. They got away with it in Miami. They got away with it in Cleveland.

17,447 posts, read 9,283,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why? They don't have anything to do with me.

I'm sure white folks are not ashamed to be white because of Jim Crow and slavery.

BLACKS ARE NOT MONOLITHIC. We are individuals. What one black man does, does not affect me.

Blacks looting has no affect on me at all. I'll never be ashamed to be of my own race.
Keep that thought and hug it close to you every night.

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Better yet, what is wrong with "hood rat"? Last I checked, there are more Blacks getting college educations, entering the middle class, and professional jobs than much earlier in the USA's history. Doing much better than the 50s. This is the thing. Ever notice that Black people who have an education, a good job, they aren't among the rioters. A better question is "what is up with the underclass"??
Good post GM, and I should have been more clear in my post. Why are all the individuals that the rioters are rioting over those with criminal pasts? I recognize there are blacks that are doing very well in this country, but these rioters seem to choose very poor (and I'm not talking in terms of wealth) people to use as examples.

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's the big picture. When is it going to stop and when are we going to quit allowing the police to investigate themselves?
We don';t we use same grand jury systems as others and then the US Justice Dept. investigates on their own. This is just lynch mob mentality; IMO. The sad part is many in the city will suffer because of mobs actions like this. Could take decades to recover like many others in past.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,099,241 times
Even if they don't get arrested, they still have to deal with mom.

Video Of Baltimore Mother "Handling" Her Son Who Was Rioting/Protesting

Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Good post GM, and I should have been more clear in my post. Why are all the individuals that the rioters are rioting over those with criminal pasts? I recognize there are blacks that are doing very well in this country, but these rioters seem to choose very poor (and I'm not talking in terms of wealth) people to use as examples.
It's not about the person. It doesn't matter how bad the person is, police officers can not be judge, jury and executioners.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We don';t we use same grand jury systems as others and then the US Justice Dept. investigates on their own. This is just lynch mob mentality; IMO. The sad part is many in the city will suffer because of mobs actions like this. Could take decades to recover like many others in past.
Prosecutors decide if it will go to the grand jury and they are a part of the criminal justice system. They are rarely going to find against people they have to work with every day and rely on to keep their job.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:46 PM

274 posts, read 298,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Prosecutors decide if it will go to the grand jury and they are a part of the criminal justice system. They are rarely going to find against people they have to work with every day and rely on to keep their job.

You have to understand this just makes things worse for the black community. You know how many people at home are going "oh looting, here we go again!"

Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,127,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
In the meantime, Asians, Mexicans, Muslims, and most other minorities are making significant strides and headway in this country. What is wrong with this other "minority" group? Do they really not get the big picture?

Every one of these individuals that these people riot over seem to have significant criminal histories. Are there any out there that are not criminals? Seriously, what gives?
That is who they identify with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies